Author Topic: AH getting boring as hell !  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Fancy

• Copper Member
Re: AH getting boring as hell !
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2002, 12:18:44 PM »
Originally posted by fffreeze220
More ignorant trolling

See ya later.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
AH getting boring as hell !
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2002, 12:25:36 PM »
I think new CT's with new aircraft skins are very interesting.

Offline fffreeze220

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2002, 12:38:49 PM »
?
Freeze

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2002, 12:39:23 PM »
Originally posted by shredar

when you post but dont do ya homework, LOL........

Well shredar if you REALLY look at the url you posted, you'll see that it was from test TWO....

Sorta like you post when you don't know what your reading right ??

I see on this test they had 70 :eek:

Impressive.

Just a question though, kinda bothers me..

If it's "quality", how come nobody is there, and people continue to leave ???

Unless 70 or 80 for you in the Main constitutes a crowd..

Been there, done that for far too long shredar, enjoy

( But could it be ?? I'd know that laugh ANYWHERE )

( ...hasn't logged a sortie here, calls me Poopy ?? )

a "thug" on this board ???

:D

If so, welcome to the darkside ya bastage....:)

If your the "thug"  Email me.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2002, 02:54:18 PM by poopster »

Offline shredar

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2002, 05:02:02 PM »
Hohohohoho........kinda like the school kid caught out not doing his homework, looking for any lame excuse & crying home to momma when he looks silly to his friends ;)

Remember, I fly both sims. Started in AH, tried WBIII 6 months ago. I'll take 70 in the WW2 arena to 200 in AH any day. WW2 arena has some cool HISTORIC match ups. Target For Tonight is drawing heaps & AH has nothing to compare to the S3s. Added to this I haven't been abused ONCE when starting out in WBIII by the c00l k1DD1es for asking a genuine question, LOL.

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2002, 06:20:00 PM »
Actually shredar my homework was correct, not that it makes a difference.

Originally posted by shredar
I'll take 70 in the WW2 arena

I suggest you TAKE it then, and have a good time doing it too.

Their CD has a hint of promise, but the "HISTORICAL" lobby there along with wild pill will make "any" gains short lived..

A former squadie Lizkng said one that 90% of the flight sim population enjoys flying "historical" missions 10% of the time.

What WB has done has taken away a place to fly for the majority of pilots for the other 90% of the time....

How much brains does it take to have a Main arena where people can come and "play" ?? You know, grab a plane and go out and kill sumpin ????

Can't do that, we haven't got the rivits correct yet :D

As much as the "realists" nash their teeth, the true reality is that "most" people just want a place to "play" the vast majority of there time..and fly historical on occasion.

Realists have a place here in the CT, the TOD's and the Scenario's, the sandbox players have a place here too.

There is no sandbox at WB, THAT'S why it's empty...

Remember that 90% I spoke of earlier ?? ;)

You've not been around long enough to know the WB cycle..

But that's not your fault.

When you do run out of people, there's other options.

800 odd people does not pay the paycheck on a sim for long at 9.95 a month....

Until then, say Hi to everyone. Good people there, spent 4 years there, made alot of friends. Had alot of fun once upon a time,  prolly know 90% of them. Quite a few are here now ;)

Don't recall you though..

No matter, run along, have fun :)

You'll find over time that "boosting" WB here is pissing in the wind..

A good number of us left there...

The exodus IS only in one direction..

FYI  ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2002, 09:27:00 PM by poopster »

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2002, 07:30:13 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Go get a palm full of hand lotion and lock yourself in the bathroom.  Come back when you get things figured out.

Honestly, I know the frustration of getting bored.  Take some time off.

i have to say yeagers right. I took a month off last year and it seemed to reset the clock.
I came back and im not burned out again yet! :)

I have to say im also getting really fed up with La7s,spits,niks etc but then people will fly what they want and it seems theres no stopping it unless they are perked which isnt going to happen unless they get to the numbers the F4uc did(ie some 25% of the planes you see)

take a break or better still just use CT and TOD for a bit

Offline shredar

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2002, 12:11:09 AM »
Originally posted by poopster
There is no sandbox at WB

Ahhhh, I could NOT have put it better myself, sir !! You make my point for me !! Thank you kindly ;)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2002, 01:55:26 AM »
I don't agree with the "No sandbox" theory. It's not true to say that most people left WB because of the RPS. I did my own research as to why people had given up on WB3. There were 51 replies and only three posts mentioned the RPS. One of those was my initial post, in which I said that the RPS as created by peril- led to sideswitching and a biased arena, and another was from ccvi who said that he liked the RPS. That just leaves one post, by Mr. Turbot, who said he did not like the RPS. Poop, the guys are right - homework is not your strong suit! Indeed, you are not the only member of your squad who has difficulty in substantiating his opinions. I recall a lengthy brawl with your squad's "Public Relations Officer" (ROFLMAO!) in which he refused to consider all of the data under discussion, but only one part, a very small part, which favoured his argument.
There is no sandbox at WB, THAT'S why it's empty...
Nope, I can't agree with that on the strength of my own findings. The problems were manifold, and were things like porked FMs, difficulties in getting the damned thing to run at all, huge downloads, packet loss and poor connections... well, go to the thread and see for yourself.
How much brains does it take to have a Main arena where people can come and "play" ?? You know, grab a plane and go out and kill sumpin ????
No brains at all. It's a no-brainer. And that's what's wrong with AH as it now stands. Point-click-shoot-rinse-repeat.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2002, 11:04:32 AM by beet1e »

Offline Amboss

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2002, 07:12:48 AM »
I find the limited plane set of the CT rather appealing because here you actually meet planes of similar performance. Unfortunately that arena is mostly empty during my times so it's not exactly a viable option vs. the MA, where no matter how skilled you try to fly, someone practically always has the advantage over you.

As for the MA, what makes it boring for me is the lack of variety in the types of planes people opt to fly. The skies are chock-full of Spits, LA7s and NIKs. It just gets old. So old that CV strikes with a mix of CV Planes feel most refreshing at times.

I don't think there's a solution to this problem that satisfies all parties involved.

What I would suggest is the addition of an experimental arena (experimental to see how/if it works), with the following rules and additions:

- 5-10 minutes of downtime are incurred if a pilot manages to get himself killed
- 2-5 minutes of downtime are incurred if a pilot gets captured
- Aircraft Factories (each producing a certain planeset) are added to the Strat part.
- If an aircraft factory is destroyed, its planeset will no longer be available (countrywide - maybe just zone wide) until the factory is rebuild (unattended rebuild time 30-45 mins)
- a basic planeset is always available, independant of aircraft factory status

The downtime after getting killed or captured is an attempt to make your "life" more important. I.e. it might make you think twice before doing that suicide run on the CV. It also means an airfield under attack would have its suicidal defender potential reduced.

The aircraft factory idea is an attempt to add a second layer to the perk system that could be applied to make the amount of higher performance non-perk planes a player-controlled entity (i.e. country A destroys the LA7 Factory, Country B decides it really needs the LA7 and launches a resupply mission - similar to the dot radar HQ system).

Anyway, just a couple of unfleshed-out ideas that I've been thinking about and feel that they could help address some of the more pressing gameplay issues.

-Amboss

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2002, 08:02:32 AM »
Originally posted by akak

CT is even more boring than the MA.

Ack-Ack

sorry, no newbies there for you to kill with ur A20 oh mighty one :rolleyes:

new skins and camo make CT better than ever this month
only gripe is someone forgot the 109f :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Re: boreing
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2002, 12:29:35 PM »
Originally posted by lucky
NEW MAPS!NEW MAPS! its boreing because we have 1 new map in how many years.....when pizza came out  I didnt stop playing for three days never left the house never took a shower.......
for me  new maps would be great

Oh PULEEZ!! This has got to be the lamest whine in the game. Guess what, we have had 3 new terrains added since March of THIS year. Sheesh, the number of terrains has more than doubled in less than 8 months and still people whine about wanting more.

Quite whining...download the editor and make a MA terrain!!!
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2002, 03:38:15 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler

Anything that keeps you out of a (relatively) higher performing "one oh nine" is a good thing, Gatorman.  ;)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline -ik-

• Copper Member
      • http://members.cruzio.com/~jeffs
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2002, 06:08:43 PM »
Some of you don't realize how good you have it here at AH.  You get regular improvements and updates, you have a new mission-based arena in the works, and you don't have clueless marketing scoundrels directing where development goes.  If I didn't have a mac I'd be over here at AH pronto.  Who knows?  I intend to get a pc for my next cpu merely because I've grown tired of the mismanagement of Warbirds, and then I'll play here.

I can't say that the RPS is a bad idea; I even like it.  The dweebs who whine about being forced to try out new aircraft should go play fighter ace.  If you had half an interest in WW2 air combat you'd at least be interested in experiencing the progression of aircraft technology.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2002, 06:25:29 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler

There is NO need for a 109F in the CT at the moment:)...unless of course the hurri 2C is added with it...
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011