Author Topic: What's Next?  (Read 2005 times)

Ice

What's Next?
« on: February 19, 2001, 11:14:00 AM »
A friend of mine who also plays AH and myself met for lunch last week and were discussing AH.

The question arose regarding what more could HTC add that would enhance the sim other than more aircraft modeled, etc. In other words, other than the standard stuff, what new direction could AH take that would cause it to stand out from the other current products offered?

We, having both flown WWII Multi-player Combat Sims for 10 years, were at a loss.

Any thoughts or suggestions? And remember, the addition of other planes is a given...something fresh or different was the line of thought.

Ice

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
What's Next?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2001, 11:15:00 AM »
I.E....throw us a bone!  

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
What's Next?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2001, 11:17:00 AM »
Zombies. Lot's of 'em. Brain-eating, foot-dragging, run-for-your-life zombies.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
What's Next?
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2001, 11:27:00 AM »
FOO FIGHTERS! (the N1k dont glow yet)

I think all AH needs is more in-depth strat stuff. Supply lines, supply trains, aircraft factories, etc. If a country's ability to sustain itself, be it aircraft production or supply could be bombed out, it would make the game have a lot of new perspectives.

Imagine it. 1 Aircraft factory per every aircraft type in the game, ammo factory, aaa factory, grunt factory.. a supply network that takes the goods from those factories to the HQ and then from the HQ to all other fields of your country.

When you capture an enemy airfield, the supplies to that field will be airlifted or trucked over from the nearest of your country's bases (imagine the horde of AI/human flown C-47's and trucks supplying a base). Capturing an enemy factory will make the c47's and trucks go to your fields instead of the enemy's.

So you attack an airfield and blow out its hangars and AAA...and then you fail to take the field due to enemy CAP. The field will need to receive supplies in order to rebuild, and those supplies come by train or truck or c47 or all 3 combined. Now THATS something players can HIT to prevent the field from rebuilding.

Oh well, I can dream..

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
What's Next?
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2001, 11:45:00 AM »
Pilot rescue and trains.
sax

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
What's Next?
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »
Hooter's girls in the map room.
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
What's Next?
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2001, 12:16:00 PM »
Bringing in the early-mid war plane set would be nice for starters. I like the way HTC has given the community tools to create new maps so how about taking it a step further and giving the community some specs on the 3D models used in AH so the community can help pad the plane set out? Warbirds is now allowing player input and so will Target Korea..just looking at the maps created so far shows the talent available..why not harness it?

Moose11

What's Next?
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2001, 12:18:00 PM »
A scenario.      

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
What's Next?
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2001, 12:22:00 PM »
I dont know.. But when we see it it will seem obvios.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
What's Next?
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2001, 12:25:00 PM »

A scenario.

It's coming, keep yer panties on.    

Moose11

What's Next?
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2001, 12:29:00 PM »

Originally posted by banana:
It's coming, keep yer panties on.    

Hey, do I *look* like a Knight???

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
What's Next?
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2001, 12:31:00 PM »
Whats next you ask?

WW2OnLine!

Thats whats next!

Yeager  
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
What's Next?
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2001, 12:32:00 PM »
I predict a massive meteor will collide with the map and wipe out the center islands and rookland altogether. All of the Allied aircraft will be permanently fixed to Bishops, and LW to Knit. Barrage balloons (with proximity fuses no less) will be fixed to strat targets (not airfields), thus preventing low level fighter attacks upon them. Oops, it's getting foggy...

Gone...

Oh, well. I can dream can't I?  

Offline mason22

• Gold Member
What's Next?
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2001, 12:43:00 PM »
boobies  

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
What's Next?
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2001, 12:59:00 PM »
I'd like to see some ground stuff, such as trains. Couple this with the strat system and the ground pounding action would increase significantly - which would be good imho.

Maybe use the ranking system with that too: the higher ranking players could decide how to divide the country's strategic capabilities - which supplies and where the trains carry, etc.   Interdict the enemy's trains and their country's strat capabilities would be hampered.

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"