Author Topic: I would love to participate in Midway but.....  (Read 96 times)

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
I would love to participate in Midway but.....
« on: November 16, 2002, 11:35:36 AM »
when your crashing to the desktop 2-3 times per hour, it makes scenario play almost impossible.
Still, I may give it a try.
+Lute
III/JG26ST WM's
« Last Edit: November 16, 2002, 12:00:51 PM by flyingaround »
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline Moloch

• Copper Member
I would love to participate but.....
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2002, 12:18:29 PM »
I've only ctd once or twice since the last patch.  Have you tried recording your flight and sending the film to HTC?

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
as I feared.....
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2002, 02:56:19 PM »
I should have seen it comeing when my screen froze up waiting to take off the carrier.  I was assigned an F4F to fly cap around our CV's.  All went well for about 15min.  We climed to alt, flying great wingman formations about 1k spaced from each other when FREEZE.  the Damn screen froze.  Sound didn't loop or stutter, I just froze up.  I had to boot computer from the tower (I hate doing that) and I was back online in about 4min tops.  I was then informed that I could not re-up.  
Weak.
It's not as if I have not posted several HELP ME PLEASE posts in the technical section.
AND it's not like I have not emailed the AH techs and was basically told nothing.
If I was the only one having this problem, that would be one thing.  I would probably just fdisc and d/r everything thinking it was me.  I have howerver spoken online with many othing pilots who are suffering from this CTD problem.
Damn shame.
I free'd up my Sat. JUST to try the Midway scenario, only to get 2 screen freezes, and a "sorry your SOL" from those running the event.
Count me as a BIG "i'm out" next time a scenario is played.  The AW squad I flew with (the AOL Widow Makers) used to plan, create, and be involved with many scenarios in AW and they were always one of my fav. things in the game.
This is really making me want to quit AH.

One foot out the door...

+Lute
III/JG26ST WM's
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers