Author Topic: Ju88  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Ju88
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2000, 07:03:00 PM »
Would be cool if it is a warning of a malta theater...
B17G is sept 43

I dont think its so rediculous to want a 1944 bomber for the LW.. But really none of them could stand up to the plane set we have anyway. Didnt they all have the cannon on the nose instead of the tail?

Offline TRiMmer

• Copper Member
Ju88
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2000, 07:10:00 PM »
"Discovery Wings" had an excellent show on the JU-88 on last week.  It demonstrated, as Kieren said, that the JU-88 was used throughout the entire war and was a "jack of all trades".  It was used in a wide variety of roles and performed the last bombing raid made by the Luftwaffe only a few days before war's end.

trm

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Ju88
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2000, 07:15:00 PM »
Er, Pongo, I'm fully expecting my Lancaster to be defended by 8 .303 Brownings.  2 in the nose, 2 in the dorsal and 4 in the tail.  If I'm lucky we'll get a REALLY early Lanc that has 10 .303s with 2 in a belly turret in addition to the 8 I mentioned above.

So no, I won't scream or squeak and moan when my Lancaster is patheticly armed.

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Ju88
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2000, 07:18:00 PM »
often posted, but no reply.
once more!
HTC why don't you give us a HE177???.it would
be a good (AND FIRST!!!!) AXIS bomber with
good payload and defense abilities. not like
a ju88 a4 (mid '41!!!) with nearly same pay-
load like a jug!.
why got allied 3rd late-war buff (lancester)
and no early-mid one like axis??
because no one would fly BLENHEIM when there
is a b26 and b17 aviable. same would happen
to the ju88, pure SEA buff.

The B-17, B-26, and Lancaster are late war bombers?  Oh yeah, I remember now.  The U.S. B-18s were getting severely mauled throughout the war until the closing days when those bombers were introduced, but really too late to make a difference.

The P-47 has nearly the same bomb load as a Ju 88?  Hmm, I need to fix the P-47 then because the last I checked, it didn't come close to carrying 28 x 50kg + 4 x 250kg bombs.  Oh well, just like me to screw over the 47 like that.  

With the Ju 88, we get a good and ubiquitous plane that can be converted to many uses.  We get a maneuverable bomber, a dive bomber, a torpedo bomber, and maybe even a Zerstorer.  The last two are helpful because it gives us something to get by on while those things are developed in ernest.  And yes, it is important for special events.  As for the 177, we will do it in time, but it doesn't hold a candle to the 88 in terms of what it brings to the game.  Sorry that you think the 88 is a poor bomber, we disagree on that.  

Tell me, which version of the 177 you would like to see and why you think it's better than a Ju 88A-4.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Ju88
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2000, 07:46:00 PM »
Cant see the word poor above to describe the 88, I used outdated which is not the same thing.
If you had a B17b (1939-40) or even an E in the game your shot about the b18 might make sence.  
The contemporary of the B17G is the Ju188 which is 20mph faster then the 88 and flies higher and has a 20mm nose gun.
As for the 177
Only numbers I have are for the A1
Speed is 40mph higher
Has 2 extra machine guns probebly 13s instead of 7.92s.
payload is 50% greater
20mm!
Tail position!

and the molotov cocktail effect is not in effect!

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Ju88
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2000, 08:52:00 PM »
Facts about Junkers models.

[This message has been edited by Staga (edited 07-20-2000).]

Offline SnakeEyes

• Zinc Member
Ju88
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2000, 09:08:00 PM »
Hehe...go get em Pyro.  

------------------
SnakeEyes
o-o-o-
=4th Fighter Group=

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Ju88
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2000, 09:27:00 PM »
This one next  

And "Bolo" would be nice too  

Offline HABICHT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jagdgeschwader54.net
Ju88
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2000, 04:58:00 AM »
didn't say that Ju88 is bad (it's a great
design).
but it's nothing for our MA.

with "late war" lancaster i thought about
the 4x cal.5 turrent in the rear.
someone said it will be in.

BTW the HE177 was a good buff, more than
1,0000 were built. only problem were the
DB engines.

let's try the Ju88 and let's see how often
it will be used.

HABICHT

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Ju88
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2000, 05:14:00 AM »
Yeah, dammit! We want EVERY plane and we want them YESTERDAY!

Fer pete's sake, you've got a HUGE staff of 6 people and this thing is sneaking up on being pay for play for what? 5 or 6 months?

..and you still haven't modeled every single combat plane from the six different nations featured here!

What do you guys do down there in Grapevine anyway?

But seriously folks...they've said they're going to model all the good stuff. Look at what they've done so far. Accept the fact that they have their reasons for doing the planes in a particular order. Maybe it's data availability, maybe it's scenarios, maybe they just like that plane.

The planes keep coming. They'll all get here. It's still fun and it gets better every release.

Thanks HTC!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Ju88
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2000, 05:34:00 AM »
Well,
I have to agree with Habicht. IMHO the AH's late war plane set makes every Axis bomber useless. After late 1942 the Luftwaffe lost any offensive elan. The Ju88 is without doubt a good level/dive/torpedo bomber, the problem is that you should use it in a 1940-42 arena. Why should I use a Ju88 in the Main Arena and not a fast and well armed USAF buff like a B25-B26? And the hopeless Zerstorer role is, IMHO, not enuff (perhaps the anti-shipping role .... who knows). The 1944-45 scenarios, with the (hopeless) LW up to intercept USAF+RAF at 25K+ with FW190A-8 and Bf109G-10 are, IMO really tiring (compared to the BoB, the channel air battles of 1941, the North African and the Russian fronts).

I hardly understand why WB and now AH dont give enuff importance to the 1940-42 air war, with IMHO the most interesting and balanced plane set ever seen. In 4-5 years WB staffs have not been able to build up a complete BoB, North Africa or Russian Front plane set. Now AH has a plane set that make all Axis buffs obsolete (well, jet buffs apart).

No flames, just some thoughts. Regards,

GATT
4°Stormo

[This message has been edited by gatt (edited 07-21-2000).]
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
Ju88
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2000, 05:38:00 AM »
>"It's going to be slaugthered in the MA!"

Well you don't have to fly it in the MA .. i don't see a lot of Zekes either in the MA but still the plane set wouldn't be complete without one !!

Take that JU88 Golly-geenit, just think about all the possible variants ! The JU88S, night fighters, Torpedo bombers, etc, etc, etc,.. this was one of the most versatile aircraft of the war just aknowledge that fact.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Ju88
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2000, 05:41:00 AM »

Originally posted by Cobra:
Fishu and Nath,
You guys have hit on a great idea.....build your own damn sim!  

With your combined vast knowledge, as demonstrated by your unending river of complaints..err opinions, I mean, prove that you two will have no trouble building your own sim!

Cobra

Sure thing, if someone gives me a coder and couple artists.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Ju88
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2000, 05:44:00 AM »

Originally posted by Kieren:

The B-26B's role is well defined in AH- fast bomber, low alt, weak defensive armament. Result: easy to shoot down, but effective in the right hands. basically a bomber that can strafe targets, but quad .50' not very lethal.

Five .50 calibers for pilot to strafe with  
(two on both sides of cockpit and one in the nose next to the single .50 caliber on the plexiglass, look to the right side of that single .50 caliber sticking out of plexiglass)

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Ju88
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2000, 05:47:00 AM »

Originally posted by Staga:
This one next  

And "Bolo" would be nice too  

With no stinking british markings, how about FAF markings