Author Topic: Ju88  (Read 1673 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Ju88
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2000, 11:40:00 PM »
I just think you should all take a breath and go back and look at Naths post. It was not nearly so bad as is being made out. It was reasonable and offered a solution that seems perfect.
Kieren you started introducing the conspiracy flame in this thread, and pyro started the nasty stuff.

We are all thick skinned enough to take it here. We all let loose with the ronson from time to time. But there is no cause to get all defensive. Just a

"We are starting with the earlier Junkers cause we need an early war bomber to start moving to an early war plane set and the JU is the best one. And I like it...
Given our limited resources I put a greater emphasis on developing the early war then having a 1944 axis bomber.
You will get your 1944 version at a later date.
Along with the 75mm pak for the gondola.
"

Taken with out context it just seems like a weird decision. No one should be offended or supprised that consternation was expressed. It was mild. Alternatives where offered, bout as good as you could expect I think.
Nothing like what would happen if we got the Hampden instead of the Lancaster.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Ju88
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2000, 01:10:00 AM »

Originally posted by Toad:

Now, when items come up for discussion on the BBS, I will add my _opinion_ if it is in an area in which I have some personal knowledge, experience or expertise. But again, I never try to claim any EVIL INTENT or DELIBERATE MIS-PROGRAMMING on the part of HTC. I also try to point out that it is my opinion.

Funny, but you seem to have evil intents against me when you dont have expertise, experience or knowledge about me.
I do at least wan't to know for sure if guy has really done this and that before I say.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Ju88
« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2000, 01:14:00 AM »

Originally posted by Toad:
Yep, pretty damn funny...

Because a simple search turns this up:

General Discussion 240+ posts, first one 10/07/99, last one 07/21/00, with multiple posts in every single month since October 99. (240+ because using "any date" only shows 200 but using "last 30 days" shows 40 that don't go back to where the 200 left off..so there's a few more.

Aircraft & Vehicles104 posts, 1st one 10/25/99, last one 07/21/00, multiple posts in every single month since October 99.

Gameplay/Feedback 74 posts, 1st on 10/29/99, last on 07/21/00, multiple posts in every single month since October 99.

I wrote most of the stuff during beta times, then I've been dropping replies sometimes on some topics until couple weeks ago.
Did I somewhere say that I haven't posted any stuff earlier or some posts during the time I was not playing AH? (btw. I did not critisize stuff when I didn't play, because I didn't have knowledge, but now I seem to have wrote forever these messages, funny)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Ju88
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2000, 08:42:00 AM »
Hiya Toad

You may think of me as a "yes" man
No I don't  

I DON'T RUN DOWN THE PRODUCT IN THE PUBLIC FORUM OF THEIR OWN BBS

Neither do I but IMO bbs's one purpose is to help discussion about "Gameplay feedback and issues"

Are you helping build the dream we all share?
I think so.
In spring there was a time I payed 5 persons monthly fee 'cause I got the Visa-card(of course they sended some money afterwards).
Now I pay only 2 (my own and my co-worker's).
I'm trying really hard to have more my friends to try this fine little sim and I'm sure if they take that 2 week offer they're "hooked" after that.

Peace and happiness  

Staga

[edit]

Sit on the sidelines and squeak if you like, but this is still the best WW2 online sim currently available. I'm playing.
You didn't meant me didn't you ?
If I remember right only issues I "squeak" were buffs half way to moon  

...and I drink Scotch, not lemonade. The only Finns I hung around in the USAF didn't drink lemonade either  (Image removed from quote.)
uhm... well... got J.Walker and some others in my home bar thought Vodka is the one I like  
Ring the bell if you're in neighborhood  

[This message has been edited by Staga (edited 07-23-2000).]

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Ju88
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2000, 10:44:00 AM »
Pongo-

Guilty as charged. Is was mild, but intended to bring about a little humor to something that appeared to be going awry.

Seriously though, I form my opinions of people based on the total of postings and experiences I have with them, not one isolated thread or comment. I also try to assume the best in people. Never would it be my intent to personally attack anyone. I may be direct at times, but never do I try to hurt someone. That's about as "personal" as I ever get.