Author Topic: .ack command  (Read 128 times)

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
.ack command
« on: November 20, 2002, 09:37:50 AM »
Heres an idea been thinking about for awhile. Once I was in a F6f capping my fleet and a P51(a fairly decent rundweeb at that) came in and misjudged my E. I turned tables on him, pulled lead and was pulling slack out of trigger to send him to a far better place for p51 pilots. Anyway 6 guns are about to send something evil his way, when pop crash Im back in tower. So and so shot you down(another problem with ack is the freebie it gives to a guy who was about to die). Since we were only ones in sector I figure the only thing that killed me was my own cv firing madly away at 2 indistinguishable dots 8k away. What would be nice is a .ack command combined with that tab select enemy thing, that tells your ack to cease fire at that con. I hate diving in after someone knowing everygun in the area is also incedentally pointed in my direction. Also its annoying especially on the pizza map when the ack kills your con before you do and he gets away scot free. One could say this makes those bish 9typh suicide dweebs job easier up to a point. I am sure most individuals are smart enough to know when to turn it off and so on though. Of course this shouldnt affect mannable ack.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
.ack command
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2002, 12:34:39 PM »
but what about if there's a spy who comes along and tells the ack to stop shooting at the kamiz?

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
.ack command
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2002, 12:57:11 PM »
Thats what the TAB target select is for.  But that probably is a big concern as well.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
.ack command
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2002, 01:03:47 PM »
the mannable 5" guns do not hurt friendlies.

F.

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
.ack command
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2002, 01:48:14 PM »
I'm not sure on that Furious.  The proximity fuzes don't hurt friendlies, but I've had times where it appears the shell passed right through me and I've been sent to the tower instantly.  Very are, but it has happened with no enemy aircraft around.  I've never had it happen to field 88's, but off the CV it's happened a couple of times.

VERY RARE... like 3 times since CV's have been around.

-Soda
The Assassins.

Offline Ecliptik

• Nickel Member
.ack command
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2002, 12:37:34 PM »
I've been killed once or twice while flying near friendly ack fire, very annoying, but what can you do?  Friendly fire is a reality of war and happened quite often in WWII.

Offline AtmkRstr

• Nickel Member
.ack command
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2002, 08:58:02 AM »
"I've had times where it appears the shell passed right through me and I've been sent to the tower instantly."

I guess I should stop shooting at the planes taking off from the CV when I'm in the 5'' guns, eh?

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
.ack command
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2002, 12:37:44 PM »
I dont think 5in shells hurt friendly aircraft.  I sit in the CV guns and shoot at guys taking off all the time when I get bored waiting for more suiciders to show up and I have never killed anyone that way....ever.  Its also a good way to practice shooting with the 5in guns.  You learn how to lead with 'em without killing your friends.  :)

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
.ack command
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2002, 02:04:32 PM »
Originally posted by sling322
I dont think 5in shells hurt friendly aircraft.  I sit in the CV guns and shoot at guys taking off all the time when I get bored waiting for more suiciders to show up and I have never killed anyone that way....ever.  Its also a good way to practice shooting with the 5in guns.  You learn how to lead with 'em without killing your friends.  :)

not if you scare the crap out of them and they either fall off the side or crash into the tower

lol