Author Topic: Some way to limit Nikis in MA?  (Read 1056 times)

Offline mrfish

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Some way to limit Nikis in MA?
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2002, 06:36:00 PM »
hehe raub good one.

funny though all ive been seeing lately are p38s and p51s.

maybe because ive been up top alot lately.

Offline loser

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2002, 08:56:00 PM »
hey wilbus, just a thought.  Perhaps you ran across a squad sortie.

we have all seen large groups of identical planes in the air before... and 9 times out of 10 they are a flight from a specific squad or a mission that a bunch of guys joined.

after all, it is much easier to stay together when in the same plane.  Perhaps you ran across a nik mission?

lol next thing i see:  Perk the B17!! i saw a group of about 20 of them last night!!!!! what a dweeb ride...  :D

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2002, 09:26:00 PM »
N1K is way too slow to be perked.

Offline Bullethead

• Silver Member
      • http://people.delphiforums.com/jtweller
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2002, 12:33:00 AM »
AKDejaVu said:

If you're going to discuss it.. you might as well use current numbers:

That's pretty much in line with the December TD.  As of 31 Dec, the fighters accounting for the most kills of fighters were:  spit9 (10.7%), N1 (9.7%), 51D (8.7%), La7 (8.3%), spit5 (6.6%), and F6F (5.7%).  There are 37 fighters counting all subtypes, so here we have 16% of the available planes doing 50% of the damage and, by implication, getting about 50% of the sorties.  And of these few planes, the top 4 (spit9, N1, 51D, and La7) clearly dominate with little difference between them.  That's 11% of the planes doing 37% of the damage.

I'm a bit puzzled by this.  I've only just come back from several months of ReaLife Hell.  When I left, the uberNiki was filling the skies.  Now, while I still see them every night, they sure don't seem common.  My impression is of a thundering herd of spits and La7s, with a leavening of 51s and the odd 38.  Near a CV, it's mostly F4Us, F6Fs, and zekes.  I note others in this thread also report a big drop in N1 sightings.

So where are all the N1s?  For all the damage they do, you'd think we'd see them nearly as much as spits.  Sure, spits have a K/D below 1.0, so there's even more of them than their kill totals imply, but the N1's K/D isn't so much above 1.0 that it makes much difference.  

My impressions of the relative absence of N1s compared to spits and La7s is of course totally subjective.  But so far this camp I haven't even engaged the few I've seen.  I can only speculate that N1s must be more common at times when I don't fly.  Maybe the Asians and Euros fly it more than those in the US?

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2002, 12:59:00 AM »
If you are feeling the "Way To Many Niki's/They should Be Perked" blues,may I suggest a tonic that works for me everytime?..Fly a SpitV...  :cool:

<PERK THE SPIT V!!!>
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2002, 01:19:00 AM »
There is exactly one thing an adult should complain about: Something that is under his control, something he can change.  It isn't very intelligent to complain to the sun because it burned you; it is really goofy to complain that water gets you wet.  And, it is totally dufus to complain about the airplane that others choose to fly.

curly

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2002, 04:51:00 AM »
Doubt it was a squad mission Loser, may have been that we were attacming their field first and they scrambled a bunch of nikis, a big bunch for sure, then brought them to our field.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline JoeCrip

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg51.8m.net
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2002, 05:12:00 AM »
Possible solution is....you are only alowed to have as many deaths as planes were made...like only 200 niki's actually made it up into the air in RL, so in the game, you would only be allowed to have 200 deaths in a niki. And the osty, only 20 made, only 20 deaths allowed. Unfortunalny this wont limit spit's or la7's...but anything to get rid of niki dweebs  :D

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2002, 07:29:00 AM »
I bet that in few months the numbers will be as follow:
1 - SpitV
2 - SpitIX
3 - La7
4 - P51 (this one is also used in jabo missions, so, it is excused).
5 - N1KJ2
6 - Far away, the rest of the planes.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2002, 07:33:00 AM »
Originally posted by -ammo-:

In the interest of fairness RAM and Mandoble should retroactively be charged 100,000 perkies or so to cover prior whining

Agree   :D

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2002, 08:16:00 AM »
There should be an automatic charge for having "Spain" listed as "from".  
lazs

Offline Eaglecz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2002, 09:57:00 AM »
Originally posted by rammjagr:

No N1k chutes make it to the ground alive when I am around.

LOL  :D
ok sounds fine for me.. im with you  :cool:

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2002, 10:52:00 PM »
Geez.......I don't see a reason to perk anything but the 262.  This of course just mho.  I don't think the perk craft are that far advanced on some of the later year war craft that aren't perked.

Complaining about them usually places more pilots in their seats.  Shoot them down...they'll try another plane.  I've flown a N1K several times, handles nice etc, but so do many others in the arena.  I don't really see the big deal and "uberness" of a degree that would warrant anything but the 262, because its' of the next generation of fighters being perked.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2002, 06:11:00 AM »
I don't see the fuss about the Nikki at all. A T  A L L. I don't fly it, I don't die to it a great deal, I don't see that many of them, I just don't get it. If I was in Spitfire or Zero I would laugh at one turning with me. If I am in anything else I just BnZ. Sounds a bit to me like guys not knowing how to keep one at arm's length when necessary.

Offline Tjay

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2002, 06:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tac:
Hehe, I know the feeling, I have a few pics of entire furballs being nothing but n1ks.
 :D

Hmm. Can't be too many of them - according to this thread non one flies 'em!   :rolleyes: