Author Topic: And this gentlemen is why.  (Read 4690 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
And this gentlemen is why.
« on: January 13, 2003, 07:35:44 PM »
An email I recieved today.

Hi, I'm somewhat new to AH...which I love very much... Best game on the internet, by far.

But I have a Question... It seems like when someone post something on the BBS... They get Ripped big time by other members...... Is this Normal??? I have been in several BBS mainly sports ones....but nothing like this one.... It's so bad I don't want to post anymore.

This is why i'm clamping down.

HiTech

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2003, 07:44:47 PM »
No explanation for your recent actions on the BBS is required HT..

Do whatcha gotta do. Popcorns hot, beers cold. Lemme know when yah need more.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline DrDea/Kvorkian

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2003, 07:46:28 PM »
Sheesh.Ya wake up one day with a hangover and the world wants to give ya crapski.You get alot of that in the mail? I dont blame ya personaly.I though it was getting way to crazy myself and may I commend you on your spelling in this post sir?An exempleary example.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2003, 08:03:31 PM »
Thanks for the warning HT but none needed.

Do what you need to do.

Let me know how I can help.

Offline Puck

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2003, 08:26:13 PM »
The BBS (lately) has been kind of nostalgic.  We used to be pretty brutal on USENET back when the unwashed masses started invading our network and peeing in the pool.

Then again, I remember when ARPANET used NCP (Host to Host protocol) so I'm kind of an old timer.

Ah well.

Have at 'em HT  :)
//c coad  c coad run  run coad run
main (){char _[]={"S~||(iuv{nkx%K9Y$hzhhd\x0c"},__
,___=1;for(__=___>>___;__<((___<<___<<___<<___<<___
)+(___<<___<<___<<___)-___);__+=___)putchar((_[__
])+(__/((___<<___)+___))-((___&

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2003, 08:35:16 PM »
Was that e-mail send any chance by this guy?

"The rest of the night was spent holding Kimberly and trying to calm her tears while Borg enjoyed himself at the banquet. Feeling very much locked in our cell we took a walk on the beach together, this was somewhat healing, the surf and sand managed to calm us down a bit."

If one person can’t understand jokes or can’t take flame, why is he playing competitive game? How sensitive must one person be to run to mommy (hitech) and cry that big boys don’t play nice.
:rolleyes:

Offline Gatr

• Copper Member
KUDOS HT
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2003, 08:37:11 PM »
I posted a question about the 152 being porked...
To get some info about the real plane and why it was so modeled,I got some great info
(ty to all that gave it)..
BUT all the BS that went with it was just childish.. LW whine and all that crapola... I am not a LW nut or anything like that.. I just was wanting to know why a PERK ride seemed so.. Well under performing at most real MA situations... I now get it.. ty HT for your taking the time to respond to some of those crazie posts that came with it... SORRY BACK ON POINT...
I was never going to ask a question here again because of the silly over the top response by some folks.......
HT you and the folks at your office r doing a great job..
Thanks again for a great time had by me and all the 81st we luv your product ... Don't let the few creeps get you down....
Ty gatr
81st fighter wing xo

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2003, 09:02:53 PM »
HiTech HTC WOO HOO!

Tumor
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2003, 09:20:23 PM »
Russion: It's not if a person can't take a joke. It's when it's get so out of hand it becomes the norm,infact it totaly cross the joke stage and gets plane abusive. Would you jump down some ones throut the first time you met the face to face. And if you did would you realy think it's there problem that they took offence?

HiTech

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2003, 09:51:58 PM »
me thinks there are a few bbs readers that follow you around and post useless bits after you post your messages htc.

oops.  Guess I just did.

How bout you lock these 'questions to the editor' after you have answered them?

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2003, 09:59:29 PM »
Russian if just one took the time to e-mail hitech I bet there are 20 others in a month that feel the same way HTC never hear from.  Many of those just might close their account because of BB abuse.

You want to be part of the growth of HTC or part of the stagnancy?
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2003, 10:14:16 PM »
I must be blind, I haven’t seen anyone get ripped unless they deserved it (which they did). Most just get small blisters but nothing major. If person approaches with idiocy and rudeness mixed with insults, they get flamed. If person asked normal question, they get normal answer. Simple rule to follow, No?

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2003, 10:23:11 PM »
I hate to see HTC spend the resources policing the BBS and the game for malcontents but the rapid expansion of the game, and the resulting stress from overpopulation apparently requires it.

HT, sorry, but what took so long?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2003, 11:04:29 PM »
ah ha!

the true source of all the troubles in the sim... the luftwhiners. or luftwaffles. luftweeners. luftwuzzies. whutever.

BUT all the BS that went with it was just childish.. LW whine and all that crapola...

yah see, the true source...

...kurt tank is gay.

:D
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline paintmaw

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2003, 11:48:44 PM »
Do you ever wonder why the people that stir the crap on the BBS never make it to the CONN ??

btw I will be there this year :)