Author Topic: BAH! My new gun is unsafe.  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
BAH! My new gun is unsafe.
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2003, 11:07:13 PM »
Originally posted by CMC Airboss
Now if someone could just explain Golf as a hobby...
:D

MiG

Golf is a good walk spoiled.
-Samuel Clemmens

Golf is a game in which you attempt to knock a very small ball into a very small hole on a very large field with weapons singularly ill purposed to the task.
-Winston Churchill
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2003, 01:25:16 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
I'll never understand that particular fascination.

Good thing for us AH fanatics that you're not into guns more than you're into programming!!  :)
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2003, 07:53:07 AM »
We Aces High fans aren't crazed maniacs that are just a hair's breadth from becoming killers

I am.

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2003, 07:54:52 AM »
A gun is never safe unless u unload the ammo.
Safe guns don't exist.

I hope u don't have kids.

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
Re: Hell me too.
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2003, 09:31:55 AM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
All the gun mags reviewed it well, and no one has anything bad to say about them so I hope it was a fluke, we shall see when it comes back though.

I'll bet they don't want any bad publicity or word of mouth about them....I'd be shocked if it didn't work perfectly when you get it back.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
BUG_EAF322
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2003, 09:46:21 AM »

That is so much BS, a gun is just a tool, much like the lib jerk offs who refuse to see them that way.

I do not have children, but if and when I do, when they are old enough, they will be taught what the firearms are, and how to make sure they are safe.

When they are old enough to handle them, they will learn how to shoot.  They will respect them for what they are, a deadly tool.

I will teach them much as my father taught me, and they will not ever have toy guns.

I have been around guns all my life, I first handled them when I was six. I have never had an accident. I have never shot anyone. I have never used them in any way that would endanger anyone.

I am sure your old clapped out bug is more a danger to people then any of my guns.

Guns are not the problem, criminals are, to blame a gun is to hide from the real problem, but hey I goes it is easier to blame an object then other people.

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2003, 09:54:29 AM »
Very nice thoughts GtoRA2, however in children maturity is not something that is to be expected even with the proper training. Its for this reason that there is the Age Of Majority.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Ping
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2003, 10:00:46 AM »
True enough, but that is for me as the parent to decide.

I was not allowed free access to firearms as a kid, nor will mine be until I am sure, like my father was when I turned 16, that I could be trusted.

Then he would go and buy the ammo, and I would pack the guns up, and drive to the range and shoot, unsupervised, the range didn't mind as long as I brought my own ammo.

I was very happy that he allowed that, and was very careful to never break the trust that allowed me to do it.

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2003, 10:07:53 AM »
Originally posted by BUG_EAF322
Safe guns don't exist.

I hope u don't have kids.

I agree.  BS, pure and simple, BS.

You would teach your kids how to swim so they'll be safe around a pool.  Then teach them about guns.  And yes, it is that simple.  And yes, I have a three year old step-daughter.  And the lesons are already started.

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2003, 10:08:15 AM »
No offence intended GtoRA2, Just too many cases of children shooting children accidently because of improperly stored firearms.
They way I read your post sent alarms off in my head.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Ping
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2003, 10:10:20 AM »
None taken, I know the value of a good locking safe, and make sure the amunition is stored elsewhere also locked.

Hell my parents never had to worry about me and guns, not me and matches where a different story!
:D

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
guns 'n golf...i can relate to this one!
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2003, 10:23:46 AM »
Fired my first round through an old remington .22 when i was about 5.  Since then ive progressed to tournament shooting on a national level in skeet, as well as long distance rifle, and bianchi cup style pistol.  All in additon to hunting that includes upland bird, waterfowl and wing shooting, to whitetails, rabbit and other small game on up to caribou.  Using safety first and the 10 commadments of gun safety as an unbreakable code of conduct, i have never been present during any firearm mishap aside from a misfired muzzleloader that failed for nonuser reasons.  All my life the notion of firing a weapon at someone unprovoked (read that as In Self Defense as a last resort) has never even crossed my mind.  If it had i would hope i would execute sound enough judgement to get rid of all my firearms.  Early in november i lost a very close friend because her jealous ex boyfriend saw fit to take her life, her friend's life, and his own.  I still cry about this but i do not blame the gun.  The kid (they were all only kids, the oldest being 22) had no prior experience that i am aware of with firearms, gun safety or hunters education and if he had i am sure it would have made a difference.  I dont know how i would have reacted had he not taken his own life, though i am sure i would have volunteered to take it from him myself.  but the point is this was going to happen, and he would have had no trouble finding a weapon regardless of gun control laws or any other measure liberals try to take to restrict the freedoms of law abiding gun owners.  Fourtantely, ohio is about to pass a concealed weapons law and i will be able to defend myself if i am confronted with a similar act of senselessness.  What chance does a two bit unskilled gang banger have of outshooting a national caliber pistol shooter?  Guns arent the issue, its the criminal and the crimes.  Enough about this though im starting to get teary eyed thinking about things.  stay safe gents, and its the responsiblity of all gun owners (and 99.9% of all firearm owners are law abiding citizens) to act in a professional manner, and coduct yourselfs one level above the next man or woman.  again, stay safe and good day.

George

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: BUG_EAF322
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2003, 10:49:54 AM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
I am sure your old clapped out bug is more a danger to people then any of my guns.
I wonder how many people have been killed by VW Bugs in the past 25 years. I bet it's less than 300,000.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Re: Re: BUG_EAF322
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2003, 10:52:26 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
I wonder how many people have been killed by VW Bugs in the past 25 years. I bet it's less than 300,000.

Beetle 300,000 in past 25 years seems high ( 12,000 per year average)

Is that worldwide?

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2003, 11:00:53 AM »
My old clapped BUG from 73' never made an accidant.

-And hey it's just what i learned from in the army "guns are never safe"

I know weapons shooting em is nice but i wouldn't one in my house.
I'm glad i live in a country where they are forbidden on the streeet

And no matter what u say these pro weapon talk is just to safe a whole industry (it's money talk).
And money is more important than lives especially in the USA

And than i don't see the link between my car and a gun.

And my car to that of anyone others
They both have some different purpose.