Author Topic: "happy" anniversary  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2003, 07:06:39 AM »
given the "unwanted child" angled maybe we should have 50 or more aborts for every 100 births

again, the problem starts before the fetus arrives on the seen ... you ain't attacking the root cause - just throwing out a temporary fix. as long as this option of birth control is available and is used more with each generation, there isn't any incentive to look at the root cause ..........

you think its like killing? I hear once you kill once, the second and third time is easier...

how many repeat customers do you think there are now, in the future?

last post, will bring up the subject at a later date to rile the "freedom" dogs again

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2003, 08:47:26 AM »
I hear this very clearly... You wish to impose your sense of morality upon others.

That's a rather arrogant position.
sand

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2003, 08:56:36 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
I hear this very clearly... You wish to impose your sense of morality upon others.

That's a rather arrogant position.

it isn't my sense , but since you brought it up - are we not now living under the "morality" of those who believe abortion is ok?

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2003, 09:05:35 AM »
Pro-choice isn't an endorsement of abortion. It's allowing a woman to make the decision about what happens to her body. It acknowledges that the woman's rights supercede those of her unborn fetus.

Pro-choice means zero government involvement. The minute someone in government talks about banning abortions, they begin explaining all the excemptions, exceptions and exclusions to the rule.

I think it's best to let the decision be made at the lowest possible level, the mother.
sand

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2003, 09:19:32 AM »
I think most of you are forgetting that bearing the child is the EASY part.

The real work begins when the labour starts. My wife almost died to the stress of a 20-hour childbirth and I was there to witness it.

I'm telling you, nobody and I mean nobody will do that for nothing if it's avoidable. C-sections aren't any easyer solutions.

I guess what Eagler is suggesting here is that we should abstrain from sex totally unless it's for the meaning of reproduction LOL.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2003, 09:24:14 AM »
Originally posted by mrsid2
I guess what Eagler is suggesting here is that we should abstrain from sex totally unless it's for the meaning of reproduction LOL.

or willing to accept the consequences and responsibilities for your "actions"

but I digress, this is the "if it feels good do it" generation, we can always "fix" it later

many ways to have "sex" that do not involve the possibility of bearing children ... no matter how slick willie defines it :)

Offline bounder

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2003, 09:27:31 AM »

which may include terminating the life of your unborn child.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2003, 09:32:06 AM »
Originally posted by bounder
which may include terminating the life of your unborn child.

you should rephrase that as that does sound like murder

need to use the terms "fetus", "it", "mass of cells", "obstruction to my lifestyle"

Offline mrsid2

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2003, 12:31:39 PM »
Eagler if you grow a tumor to one of your buttcheeks it will be removed. That tumor is growing and developing, it has a lot of bloodveins and nerves and it senses pain. Much like the fetus does before its brains develop to a level at which it starts to have some level of intelligence, say like a worm or a cockroach.

When that happens, it's already illegal to perform the abortion. You make it sound like you're terminating Einstein after 2 weeks of hard calculation on a cell level.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2003, 01:38:00 PM »
I knew a girl who had an abortion... she was an crack head.

You may not like abortions Eagler, but I despise crackheads... and now there is one less. Regardless of what you think, that child would not of had even a remotely decent lifestyle.
-SW

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
"happy" anniversary
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2003, 01:55:22 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler

but I digress, this is the "if it feels good do it" generation, we can always "fix" it later

many ways to have "sex" that do not involve the possibility of bearing children ... no matter how slick willie defines it :)

You would be surprised to hear the opinions of young people on abortion. I think you'll see a decline in occurrences of abortion in generations to come. They tend to view it as a violent act.

Give it time, Eagler.
sand