Author Topic: <S> Americans  (Read 3611 times)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
<S> Americans
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2003, 09:31:07 AM »
Dowding....me thinks you're an unhappy little fella....can't remember a time you've said anything kind or positive.

You're just jealous....an ugly characteristic....just work on it.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
<S> Americans
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2003, 09:39:52 AM »
I love you rude. :)

Forgive me if I choke on your hypocrisy. You're posts are generally one or two lines long in which you try to annoy or aggrevate. I see nothing positive in what you write.

Note I don't make any judgements about you. That would be dreadfully un-Christian.

Hortlund - in your original post you were fawning over American achievements as if they invented the idea of exploration. That was the issue I had with it. I agree that the achievements of the US over the last 50 years have been remarkable. But at the same time, I admire the Russians for their dogged determination.

The point about Iraq is that you seem to paint the country to be a state filled with little homogeneous Saddam Husseins, all running around cursing the West and burning books. I'm sure you know better than that. I'm sure Iraqis look up at the sky and wonder. They aren't allowed to pursue their ideas or communicate them, but that doesn't mean they are incapable of orginating them. My point isn't that Saddam Hussein would be himself capable of contributing, but the people would given a shot at free will.

The same goes for Afghanistan. Notice I refer to the state, not the regime that used to be there. You seem to be of the opinion that the Taliban represented Afghanistan or their way of thinking. They were a bunch of bandits that stole a whole country for their perverted vision of Islam. They are gone - and I bet your poor Afghani goat herder shares exactly the same curiosity and sense of wonderment as a NASA scientist, when they look up at the sky. I'm sure of that.

Iraqis and Afghanis aren't untermenschen. They aren't animals. They are just unfortunate to be born under despotic regimes.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2003, 09:52:46 AM by Dowding »
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
<S> Americans
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2003, 09:57:00 AM »
Dowding....

I don't have anything personal against you nor have I stood in judgement against or for you. I am a christian, however, that does not exempt me from calling a spade a spade.

You just don't seem to like America or Americans....you complain about an awful lot of topics and don't ever seem to offer anything positive to a topic of discussion or to an individual.

Now, being a christian, I'm still flesh....if you had a glimpse of what I have started to say to you and others on these silly boards, you'de cover your eyes and get all flushed:)

Later my little unhappy America hater:)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
<S> Americans
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2003, 10:05:17 AM »
You ought to read your own posts - there was self-righteous judgement all over that last post of yours.

American hater? Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the insight.

What topic of conversation is floating around the O-club at the moment? Iraq? Which American (and UK) policy do I have a problem with? The policy toward Iraq! Fancy that!

It doesn't take a genius to work out there might be a link. I would suggest your patriotism is so brittle, the slightest bit of criticism breaks through and exposes your insecurity. I seem to remember a thread the other day in which I was asking Hangtime about Vietnam and his experiences - he was fine about it and it was very interesting. And you jumped in all hurt and fury as if I'd set 'Old Glory' on fire. And he was the Vietnam vet! It was pathetic.

Reverting to name calling still looks idiotic no matter how many smilies you sprinkle on top. A turd with cake icing is still a turd.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2003, 10:08:07 AM by Dowding »
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
<S> Americans
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2003, 10:29:40 AM »
spain? sounds sorta familiar... something to do with flaminco dancing or something?

lazs2, is this your contribution to this thread? It's amazing what little a small mind can come up with. I bet you ride around in your beat up pickup truck with a dog in the back and an "Easy Rider" rifle rack in the window. By the way, learn how to spell. It's "flamenco" and it's a style of music, not just a style of dance. They do have dictionaries where you come from, don't they?

:mad:

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
<S> Americans
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2003, 10:37:52 AM »
This thread is being hijacked. If it's turning into another Iraq thread, there's already several more suitable venues.

I was going to say something with respect to Iraq, but i"ll go find a more appropriate thread.

Thanks, Hortlund. I appreciate the sentiment behind the initial post.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline CyranoAH

• Gold Member
<S> Americans
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2003, 11:18:41 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
spain?  sounds sorta familiar... something to do with flaminco dancing or something?
lazs

LOL you can do MUCH better lazs... thought you were a professional!! :D

Hortlund, sorry for being the cause of the hijacking of this thread, just wanted to state that the spirit is inside all of us, even if we don't want to be classified as americans :)

Daniel

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
<S> Americans
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2003, 12:21:18 PM »
ok.... flamenco...   people do dance to it  tho?  I have a spell checker and a dictionary or 3 also...  why do you ask?  sorry no pickup tho unless you count an El Camino.

dowding... yes... you are an American hater and... your patriotism is as "brittle" as any I have seen... allmost laughable the way you live in the past too.

lazs

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
<S> Americans
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2003, 01:04:02 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2

dowding... yes... you are an American hater

lazs

*reads Dawding's original post*

*laughs at the sweet irony of lasz2's words*

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
<S> Americans
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2003, 01:19:45 PM »
Man..you guys read wayyyyy to much into an idiv's posts. Go buy a book and lay off the O'club over load.

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
<S> Americans
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2003, 01:26:42 PM »
Well,..this took a nose dive.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
<S> Americans
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2003, 04:07:31 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
You ought to read your own posts - there was self-righteous judgement all over that last post of yours.

American hater? Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the insight.

What topic of conversation is floating around the O-club at the moment? Iraq? Which American (and UK) policy do I have a problem with? The policy toward Iraq! Fancy that!

It doesn't take a genius to work out there might be a link. I would suggest your patriotism is so brittle, the slightest bit of criticism breaks through and exposes your insecurity. I seem to remember a thread the other day in which I was asking Hangtime about Vietnam and his experiences - he was fine about it and it was very interesting. And you jumped in all hurt and fury as if I'd set 'Old Glory' on fire. And he was the Vietnam vet! It was pathetic.

Reverting to name calling still looks idiotic no matter how many smilies you sprinkle on top. A turd with cake icing is still a turd.

I don't think I jumped in on any thread in which Hang was telling of his war experiences....post a link and refresh my memory.

This is the truth of the matter....this board provides some cheap entertainment for me throughout an otherwise busy and stressful day.

What you say or how you feel is forgotten as soon as I close the browser.

Self righteous? I'm an American reading your criticisms....a young mans criticisms lined with more passion and testosterone than common sense and a lack of wisdom appropriate for such few years lived.

Trust me, I don't take you nearly as seriously as you take yourself...best to get over it.:)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
<S> Americans
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2003, 04:28:16 PM »
I'm not an American hater, old man. :) I consider that an insult in many ways.

I'm sick of this rubbish anyway, life's too short.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
<S> Americans
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2003, 04:30:47 PM »
ROFL!!

We're all taking each other way to damn seriously..

Dowding.. Rude (in that other vietnam thread) was referring to some other bozo further up thread.. the fact that his post came up after yours in the thread is what lead you (and possibly others) to assume he was taking a swipe at you. I don't think he was.

Rude.. Dowding has an excellent intellect.. and I think I've gotten enough outta reading his posts on relative points of view to be able to say with certainty I'd like to have a few beers with him.. and the same goes for you. The devil's advocates ain't the devil. A good advocate can see both sides of a situation and often deliver a third alternative. I like that. And your both good at it. ;)

Cheers, mates!
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
<S> Americans
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2003, 04:32:58 PM »
Exploration may be human nature, but so far only the American dollar has gone into the NASA program.

The only other nation that can claim credit for space exploration would be Russia... if it weren't for them the NASA program wouldn't be where it is today.

You want space exploration to be all inclusive... some money for nicer rides into space would be a nice way to make that happen.

We're chocked full of scientists, space exploration is hitting the proverbial brick wall because of a lack of funds.

Humanity can either conquer space together, or they can ride on the backs of the Russians and Americans... what's it gonna be?
-SW