Author Topic: How many Rooks does it take to shoot down 1 lone B17?  (Read 907 times)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
How many Rooks does it take to shoot down 1 lone B17?
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2000, 12:23:00 PM »
Beefster,

If you want people to help you out in taking bases, you must first get to know them, and generate some friends that you can depend on(when yer 308 buds aren't online).

I don't care if you're the greatest tactician in the whole US of A, nobody will follow you or help you until you learn how to make friends instead of enemies.

This thread of yours isn't helping your or our squad's reputation. Please stop.

[This message has been edited by banana (edited 06-14-2000).]

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2000, 01:30:00 PM »
I've got nothin' but repect for the guys in AK. Been on the wrong end of their guns many many times.

<S>

Offline AKFokerFoder+

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2000, 01:59:00 PM »
Since this seems to be a popular thread (everyone loves a flame war LOL), I would like to invite all of you to our AK Hardware board, where DeJaVu and I discuss hardware issues.

I write my latest findings on things that effect gamers in general, but more specifically Flight Sim gamers, our needs are different than the first person shooters, which are much more popular than flight sims (the first person shooters are the great unwashed, and we need to lead them out of the darkness into the light)

We also have started a place to buy/sell swap hardware, and a nice place to swap tall tales, downright lies, and sheep    

AK]http://64.217.4.2/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=  Hardware/Software/Forum&number=6&DaysPrune=45]AK  hardware Board[/url]

BTW you all know that the GeForce 2 is thee video card right?????

WRONG  check out my latest posts called "I guess this belongs in the hardware section ", "Voodoo is back with a vengence" and "We Shall Overcome"

So ya'll come over the see us, pull up a chair, and let us buy ya a beer    

And as for this thread? Well, I am never happier then when I'm rolling in the mud with a bunch of bogeys in a furball.  I break a beer bottle, have a K-Bar strapped to my leg, and a razor in my shoe and dive in    

I couldn't give a tinkers damn about some war, as long as I have a base to take off from, and bogeys to fight! Life is good, and the only way it could get better, to quote AKWabbit, involves "the participation of the Swedish Bikini Team, a large vat of cream corn, an Scotish Highland Ewe and a #2 pencil."

Now if I could only figure out what the Swedish Bikini Team is for ??????    

AKFokerFoder+

[This message has been edited by AKFokerFoder+ (edited 06-14-2000).]

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2000, 05:25:00 PM »
 sense of humor.com

Go there and get one                  

Stupid ol' me, I said something in jest and did not include several thousand of those smiley faced creatures so you AK guys thought I was serious?

Look AK guys, I was just kidding, OK and the reference to you guys wrecking the wrong field was not criticism even though, on the night you were referring to, I did think you could have helped the cause in a different manner but I got over it.

Beefcake, I am not sure I was kidding in your case, putting a burning basket under ones own desk might cause someone else to wonder. Now  if you put it under AKSeaWulfs desk....

Do I have to put smileys in, I really hate those things?

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

[This message has been edited by Sunchaser (edited 06-14-2000).]

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2000, 05:45:00 PM »
AK's are cool with me... done the base defense thingy with a few of them time and again.

I think I have found a group of guys as stubborn as I am.  

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2000, 05:53:00 PM »
Jesus FREAKING CRIST!!!!!!!! I'm trying to be freaking nice here. Look all I'm trying to freaking say is I WAS WRONG AND I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!! Are you guys that blind? (thinks to self........yes they are) Jesus!

I'm getting tired of the AKs bashing bomber pilots, you can bash me, but I won't let you trash other pilots. I don't think you know how FREAKIN hard it is to fly a buff for 30-40 mins to a target, only to get blown to hell by one shot from a TIE fighter. Look AKSWufle and AKWAbbit, I am a bomber pilot, you guys a very good fighter pilots, we each have different tatics and views. Ok, you 5 guys where at A5 fighting 20 -30 bandits. That was very brave. "I" was not there, so I did not see you guys getting your tulips vulched on the runway. I simply looked a radar (while I was flying a B17 to A34) and saw that there was a large amount of Friendly fighters at A5. I then looked and saw where A35 and A36 were getting the toejam kicked out of them. :SO: I requested that some guys from A5 come and help. :HOWEVER: one of the AK's smart mouthed me and thus I got pissed. You guys should already know that I have a rather short fuse, but yet AKWab and AKWuf just keep pressing that little red button. Look I just would like.........I just want to let this whole damn thing go, but you 2 just keep feeding the fire. Damnit can't you just accept the fact that I was wrong and you where right, or do you not have enough brain power to compute that?

Jesus! In some ways I think you don't wanna let it go, but yet want to continue squeaking about it.

Damnit now I'm pissed again..........not gonna be a good night  
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2000, 05:56:00 PM »
Btw, AKDejaVu, YOU! where the one who started this whole damn flame post. Just go and reread the thread, you where the 1st one to post something "hatefull" here.

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2000, 06:08:00 PM »
*sniff sniff*.........

Do smell something burning?

<smoke begins to rise from under the desk>

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!1

<beefs foot catches on fire>

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2000, 06:17:00 PM »
Beefcake-

Not trying to flame you, but consider this: You started this by posting on the topic. When you post on a public BBS, any reaction is possible. With your history of going off on open channel and in here, the results are as predictable as they are inevitable.

banana said it best- make friends, not enemies. I have politely (and privately) tried to explain to you in the past why you were being treated the way you were... you then went on a 30-minute tirade on open channel on someone else. That's when I knew it was pointless (as it probably is now).

You are not the victim here.

You seem totally unhappy unless all attention is focused on you, whether it is good or bad. You have control over how you are treated, in fact, you always did. Here comes the formula.... treat others with respect, no matter how angry you are. It isn't always easy, but it is a sure sign of maturity, and is an indication that one is worthy of respect.  

Please don't twist this into the flame it isn't.

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2000, 06:22:00 PM »
Pyro, if you read this please lock this thread. I've defended myself and my squad's actions. No more needs to be said.
Thank you,
-SW
AKSeaWulfe+
Aces High CO

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2000, 07:19:00 PM »
Hey Beefcake.. the trick to apologizing is not proceding to insult with the very next sentance.

Learn that one.. you'll do much better.

AKDejaVu

bike killa

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2000, 02:48:00 AM »

.... treat others with respect, no matter how angry you are.
that's all about it!
NOW IT'S BEER TIME