Author Topic: Channel 1 News  (Read 903 times)

Offline Soup Nazi

• Zinc Member
Channel 1 News
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2003, 06:53:42 PM »
POLITICS on CHANNEL 1 !  Say it ain't so!

SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS SAVE IT FOR THE BBS

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Channel 1 News
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2003, 07:06:53 PM »
Ahh rgr wetrat... with the wealth of knowledge available... you'd think being uninformed would be passe'. I mean one could argue that he just has a more radical opinion.. but wishing a whole race and religion dead is a bit... well   whacko.  
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
Channel 1 News
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2003, 07:16:21 PM »
you made that pretty clear with your Fox News reference.

why Grunherz, what's wrong with Fox News?
Hornet

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Channel 1 News
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2003, 05:06:49 AM »
Nothing of course. However some liberals have noted it has a more conservative viewpoint from in their newsroom which is quite unusual in the media business which tends to be more representative of left leaning or generally liberal views and personalities. Seemed to me your Fox News reference was going in that direction. And perhaps not.  

But it was also a dig at my lefty-lib buddy Karnak. :D

Offline TWOLF

• Copper Member
BLAH!
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2003, 07:02:49 AM »
BLAH BLAH BLAH.......  "/.squelch 1..../.Unsquelch 1 Good Kill (insert name).../squelch 1 ..../.unsquelch 1  go away spitoon, ya bother me
(you shot down insert name) I told ya to go away.../squelch 1"

repeat as needed.

Offline dfl8rms

• Copper Member
Channel 1 News
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2003, 07:39:26 AM »
Just a quick side note, all squelch 1 does is make your FE drop the channel one packets right?  It doesn't disable it from sending the channel 1 text packets from the server.  Is that correct?  

If the above is correct, then I believe that Hornet has a very valid point about taking the non-game chat off of channel 1 to somewhere else.  Wasn't one of the features of release 1.08 the reduction in server messages by getting ride of the single sortie kill messages, to improve connectivity and reduce lag?

Just some fodder for thought.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Channel 1 News
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2003, 08:05:57 AM »
you could have said cnn news hornet... but then you would have been accused of being a commie liberal hater.

yes... it is annoying but.... It is also annoying to me when the "missun dudz"  scream on the country channel over and over and over begging and pouting and coercing to join the hamster wheel and battle some buildings..
lazs

Offline 28sweep

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Channel 1 News
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2003, 02:14:21 PM »
I agree.. all those pathetic looser need to stop SPAMMING channel 1 ;)

Offline Grissom

• Zinc Member
It is my opinion...
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2003, 08:14:38 AM »
Originally posted by Hornet
"...My focus however was on HTC's design intent for channel 1. I don't think its being used as it was intended..."

That none of the channels are being used as was intended.  So far, all I have seen is one big chat session on every channel except the squad one, with some flying thrown in for entertainment. :rolleyes:

Okay.  There are some flyers trying to coordinate strikes and stuff, and they use the text radio to good effect.  Of course, they also rely more on vox, which they use to even better effect.  But this is only my limited observations in the game speaking.