Author Topic: killshooter  (Read 2291 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
killshooter
« on: February 13, 2003, 04:56:27 PM »
Next time someone says that there should not be any killshooter code in the MA, please read this...http://agw.warbirdsiii.com/bbs/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16003
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
killshooter
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 05:30:40 PM »
Wow!  Reading that thread convinces me they have porked their game!

curly

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
killshooter
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 05:46:53 PM »
Yep.  Last time I flew a WB arena with no killshooter, we ended up spending more time policing teamkillers than actually fighting the enemy.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
killshooter
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2003, 05:48:08 PM »
heh, I dont think anyone(who has actually put thought into it) wants killshooter removed, just changed.

Offline Hwkeye

• Copper Member
killshooter
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2003, 06:35:49 PM »
Guess it is time for me to cancel my $9.95/mo. Warbirds account.  Al hope is lost.

Offline Kaz

• Silver Member
killshooter
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2003, 06:46:58 PM »
How about this, just something that can be built on or totally rejected . Killshooter is on for new ppl. After that it's off but you don't get credit for the friendly fire kill. Then you get penalized a certain amount of time (you're grounded when you land) which goes up if you kill more friendlies. During this time you can't switch countries and relogging won't affect the time penalty.  

OR..... Both planes/vehicles take damage.

Ohhh how about turning collisions on once in the air after say 1 minute and umm hmm how can ya tell an intentional ram from an unintentional one? Ok that one needs help... :confused:

Just some ideas, now let's see what I missed as I can't possibly see every perspective. :)

Personally I prefer the "both planes/vehicles take damage" scenario.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
killshooter
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2003, 06:48:39 PM »
I have put alot of thought into it and think that the KS is a neccessity. Now that does not mean that I am right:).  But I do not wish hat a friendly could actually damage my AC or kill me becuase of an accident or purposely. I also think that KS works well as it is, at least it makes you think before you start spraying out ammo through a cloud of friendly and enemy AC.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
killshooter
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2003, 07:01:50 PM »
i'd much like it if killshooter caused damage to *both* shooter (10x) and shootee (normal).

that'd make people think 2x, because yuo'd had miffed off shootee's making sure that kind of stuff doesn't happen.

might even reduce the conga lines as people realize they just may take damage and peel off.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Kaz

• Silver Member
killshooter
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2003, 07:12:34 PM »
I agree with you ammo I go out of my way not to steal kills, and if you see me chasing an enemy plane I'm in front of the pack, I ask if a friendly needs help instead of just engaging, I try to clear ppl's 6's.

So I was doing pretty good with killshooter until last night. I'm chasing this plane, he's maneuvering and I'm the only one on him when I engaged. A minute or so into the fight I hear other planes around me I know they're all friendly but I'm confident that I have the clear advantage and position. I've also put some rounds into the plane so the other planes know I'm there and I'm the only one that has done so.

At d300 and closing I have a clear shot of the nme at dead 12, slight bank, 1G shot, I open fire then a "friendly" plane drops into mine from above and I clip his wing (saw 2 hit sprites) and down I go while he goes on flying and probably got the kill. That just pissed the heck outa me.

Maybe I just needed to vent and remember not to furball :D

[edit]
« Last Edit: February 14, 2003, 06:30:00 AM by Kaz »

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
killshooter
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2003, 08:51:25 PM »
The only thing wrong with killshooter is the lethality... it needs to be reduced.. a alot.
Army of Muppets

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
killshooter
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2003, 09:13:24 PM »
wow. buff tuff sounds facinating.
They sound like the game is in early beta.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
killshooter
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2003, 09:20:34 PM »
Originally posted by wetrat
The only thing wrong with killshooter is the lethality... it needs to be reduced.. a alot.

Agreed.  The problem isnt any kind of damage multiplier, but that ALL k/s damage is applied to the tail of your plane.  (5 .50 bullets will completly shear off the tail of any fighter)

Any shots hitting a friendly fighter should have the damage halved, and be applied to the same spot on your plane that it hit the friendly plane.  In the cases where there is no equivalent places(such as hitting a 2 engine plane when you only have one, or hitting a GV while you're in an aircraft) should be applied to the most similar item(i..e hitting engine 2 on a multi-engined friendly will dammage engine 1 on your single-engine plane)  In situations where there is no analog, THEN damage can be applied to a specific point.

Then the damage should be halved again, and applied to the friendly. (for a total of 25% hitting the friendly)

Also, KS should be completly disabled for rockets and bombs.  If only to promote people actually using them.

KS Encounters should serve as a warning, they should end in parts being damaged, not instant death for a single round that hit some friendly hidden below you.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
killshooter
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2003, 09:40:48 PM »
innominate-

I am with you all the way up to the point where the friendly AC in front of the "perpetraitor" takes damage, whether it be a smaller percentage of not. Why should that person pay for the others mistake?  Now I can see some bemnefit to that in an event, but in a place as chaotic as the MA? I can't agree with that.

While I do think that the lethality of killshooter should or can be reduced, I think as long as the effect remains then it is functional.

just my measly 2 cents.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
killshooter
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2003, 09:49:38 PM »
Originally posted by -ammo-
Now I can see some bemnefit to that in an event, but in a place as chaotic as the MA?

Most killshooter incidents are both players fault, not just the shooter as many like to pretend.  Perhaps 25% is too much to inflict on the hit player(The shooter should ALWAYS die well before the person who got shot, who should probably never see actual damage)

Most killshooter instances happen in conga lines, or in kill-steal attempts.  Situations where BOTH players involved did something they shouldnt have.

Though, hurting the friendly who got shot isnt all that important, it would just be a nice bonus.  Since virtually every time I die to k/s is because of some la7 or 190  dork crawling up my low six, popping up under my nose after my bullets are already in the air.  Admittidly it's rare, but nevertheless annoying as hell.

With or without the damage to the other friendly, the effective lethality of k/s needs to be reduced.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
killshooter
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2003, 10:04:17 PM »
killshooter off! thats all the 12 year olds in this game need(and those of us like myself who act like they are 12!)