Author Topic: killshooter  (Read 2281 times)

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
killshooter
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2003, 12:51:18 PM »
Originally posted by Widewing

However, in the MA with the proliferation of dedicated "gamers", I think turning off killshooter would create massive mayhem. Kill friendlies to fatten one's score, switch sides and do it again... That sort of nonsense. It's much easier to get lost in a crowd of 500+, than in 40 as we usually have in the CT.

Widewing

That's the point I'm trying to make.

Let's just say that my regard for the human race has'n't exactly gone up since I play AH and reading the posts here.

With a dedicated player base like in the CT you have a point (but no one is there when I am online).

Offline maxtor

• Nickel Member
killshooter
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2003, 12:57:21 PM »
Killshooter been debated into the ground.  

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=75909&highlight=killshooter

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=75077&highlight=killshooter

Every single night you see guys shooting at friendlies, god help us if their bullets were to start hitting.  Nobody yet has come up with a better solution.  You will never see the MA without killshooter on, it works.

Offline Stickman

• Zinc Member
killshooter
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2003, 01:00:54 PM »
"Yep. Last time I flew a WB arena with no killshooter, we ended up spending more time policing teamkillers than actually fighting the enemy. "

I'd like to know when this was also...In the entire time I've flown Warbirds with killshooter set to off, I can only actually remember 2 incidents personally, and have been told of 1 or 2 more. All the events I've flown in were killshooter off and, while there have been friendly fire incidents, none were intentional, unless you consider confusion intentional. One incident during an Target for Tonight event involved a very good friend of mine from Australia who opened fire on and shot down a friendly bomber after confusing it for an enemy aircraft. I've never shot down a friendly, though a few have accidentally gotten a ping or two when I couldn't let go trigger quick enough. I've also received damage from and been shot down a couple of times by friendlies a couple of times, but they were all purely accidental and there were no hard feelings or harsh words.

Please state what arena this occured in, your handle, the handle of those doing the intentional friendly firiing, and about how long ago it was.

Offline envy

• Zinc Member
killshooter
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2003, 02:58:07 PM »
Why dumb-down a flight-sim? Isn’t it supposed to be something relatively close to realism? I just don’t believe you AH guys DON’T have killshooter off:). I can understand the necessity to keep it on, but It just seems backwards to me to have it in the first place.  Yeah it was easier in WB when KS was on, but I must say I love the fact that it’s off...and I’ve never even hit a friendly in any of the mad airbattles I’ve been in. I think friendly collisions should be coded as well, too, though, so just call me crazy.

Offline poopster

• Silver Member
killshooter
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2003, 05:30:23 PM »
I just don’t believe you AH guys DON’T have killshooter off

EnVY it should be fairly obvious from the post on AGW why killshooter should be on.

You have old grizzled vets over there killing friendlies for cripes sakes. It's a silly idea.

I might add that tearing yourselves apart over it is sad, and even sillier...

Done both, don't see the "hook" of what makes it sooooooo much better.. I never notice it one way or another, I take my finger off the trigger..

For the CT it's a welcome addition and works well. Lower population and a common reason for flying there. The HA of old.

With over 500 in the main don't you think it "might" cause a problem ??

I mean to say that with a WB Main with a population a tad above the census in the CT here..

And you guyz can't get it together ??

..and spend the next week rippin what's left of the community apart ??

For a nerdy realism quirk ?????

It's so sad it's funny, but doesn't surprise me.

Add 500 to the equation...

Really doesn't take a lot of thought...

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
killshooter
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2003, 05:41:15 PM »
KS works. leave it.

the mention of non-lethal rounds to friendlies: this would create a situation where a lot of people would just spray and pray (worse than it is now) because they wouldn't worry.. if rounds hit NME cool.. if they hit a friendly, no biggie..  they'd just hold the trigger down.

KS works.

Offline Hooligan

• Silver Member
killshooter
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2003, 06:28:08 PM »
I just read the AGW thread.  It seems that when stupid people get what they ask for, it doesn't make them happy.

Hooligan

Offline -EnVY-

• Zinc Member
killshooter
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2003, 06:43:25 PM »
Like I said, I can see the necessity to leave it on in AH....

You wont find me throwin .50 rounds at one of my squaddies thats for sure.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
killshooter
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2003, 07:26:35 PM »
Heya EnVy-

my fellow Jug flying dweeb.

I just don't think with the chaos of the AH MA and the maturity level of some of the players that a lack KS code would work, as you seem to agree. However, if it works for WB's, then more power to IEN and the WB's community.

BTW, as Daff or Crutch would tell you, any 56 FG member from WB's has a standing invitation with the 63 FS here in AH.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
killshooter
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2003, 07:41:36 PM »
One other thing,
Killshooter shouldn't apply to squadmates.
Dammit if they're in my squad, I should be able to shoot them down!

Offline Heinkel

• Silver Member
      • http://www.3-jg2.com
killshooter
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2003, 08:24:46 PM »
Lololol, so some 11-year-old wants to, "make a point,"...who cares. KS doesn't seem all that bad now...

Offline -EnVY-

• Zinc Member
killshooter
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2003, 09:14:03 PM »
ammo

Crutch is gettin us in good shape, especially recently. Must admit, it would be nice to fill out the ranks of the JUG drivers, though.

I believe KS does work for the most part in WB, though obviously loose cannons(pun intended) can be found. If our numbers were as high as AH I'm sure there would be some changes.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
killshooter
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2003, 10:46:25 PM »
Exact reason why I dropped my WB account about 6 months ago.

RPS, and lousy gameplay with low numbers.

Hajo
- The Flying Circus -

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
killshooter
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2003, 12:26:39 PM »
Originally posted by -ammo-
I have put alot of thought into it and think that the KS is a neccessity. Now that does not mean that I am right:).  But I do not wish hat a friendly could actually damage my AC or kill me becuase of an accident or purposely. I also think that KS works well as it is, at least it makes you think before you start spraying out ammo through a cloud of friendly and enemy AC.

Is that right.....:D

Offline ebgb

• Copper Member
      • http://www.rogue-gryffons.com
killshooter
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2003, 05:00:57 PM »
The only logical course as I see it is to leave it exactly as it is.
Killshooter simply creates more problems than it's worth.  I get
PO'd when a shoulder shooter steals my kill, and some sorties
I'll get only assists - but other sorties . . .  It all works out in the
end.

Funny, the WB3 thread highlighted most of the reasons I fell
out of favor with IEN's game.  Bufftuff - reduced lethality - and
a mushy control system made mushy to reduce stick stirring.
AH now is more like Wb was when it started - just plain fun.

Don't change a thang.