Author Topic: What can we say about this picture?  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
What can we say about this picture?
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2003, 05:53:16 PM »
Originally posted by Rasker
actually i recall seeing pictures of mashed remains of Tienamen protesters. Those pictures had been smuggled out of China before the news embargo.

Yep...sorry GScholtz...it was a bad example.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Rasker

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2003, 06:01:50 PM »
I'd read that the Reds had managed to identify "Tank-Stopper-Man" and were actively hunting him down inside China.  I haven't heard that he ever made it out, and believe me, that would have been big news.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2003, 06:12:33 PM »
Why are you so certain it was deliberate?

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2003, 06:25:16 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Hmm Cuval, ok for the sake of argument lets say the Chinese deliberately overran protestors then. My example stands, I'll just amend my comparison; the Israelis are "just" as bad as the Chinese at Tienanmen, not "worse".

Well, okay, that is your opinion.

But I think your original point was that people were laughing at the woman who got bulldozed and that annoyed you, which I respect.

But comparing Israel to the Chinese is way off base.  It just makes you come off as being anti-Jewish.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2003, 06:31:56 PM »
the chinese tank unit shown in that picture was replaced.. with chinese units that did in fact crush protestors. wholesale.

the individual depicted was arrested and executed.

the troops that refused orders were executed.

china is not a nice place.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2003, 06:35:28 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Can anyone explain to me why the Israelis are demolishing Palestinian homes anyway? Anyone know a reason?

They are homes of terrorits.

Nah just kidding, that makes far too much sense...

They pick homes randomy out of the palesteinn phone book.

Feel better now?

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2003, 07:26:43 PM »
Can anyone explain to me why the Israelis are demolishing Palestinian homes anyway? Anyone know a reason?

A small number of demolitions are carried out against the property of terrorists, or their families. A larger number are against building or farmland which the IDF believes have been used to shoot at them. The vast majority are on houses which have no permit (almost impossible to get a permit if you're an Arab), or are in the way of a new settlement, expansion of a settlement, by pass road for a settlement, or area of land reserved for a settlement.

42% of the West Bank is now territory zoned for Israeli settlers, their crops, and roads.

Strangely enough, the IDF never carries out demolitions of Jewish terrorists property, eg Baruch Goldstein, who murdered 29 people in a mosque, let alone collective punishements of settlements, like the Hebronites, who have carried out numerous pogroms against the Arabs.

Offline rc51

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2003, 07:40:55 PM »
one flat chink LOL

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2003, 08:54:20 PM »
She's cute ... what a waste :(
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2003, 09:13:10 PM »
g; you seem to be enjoying yourself immensely with those photos.

why doncha try jerkin yerself off with those pics for awile.

they ain't doing anything for us.
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2003, 09:20:25 PM »
I haven't really followed the story. Heard about it, didn't research it.

My first thought was somewhere a Mother and Father are asking themselves how and why their daughter ended up trying to stop a 'dozer by standing in front of it.

I wonder why she didn't just move out of the way? How fast was it moving?

Did someone somewhere inculcate values and views in her that it would be a good thing to die for this cause in this way?

As to the photos, are they in some sort of timeline or sequence? Is the time line known?

The dirt and roots piled up in the first picture are nowhere to be seen in the other two.

In the second pic, the dozer is well away from the person.

Does anyone know what actually happened there?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2003, 09:32:14 PM »
Seems there'd be more to it than that.

I'm sure most of us have watched dozers at work. It's like snails moving, not cheetahs.

Any reports to why she didn't just step aside? First picture looks like she's on the edge of the work area.

Any idea how long between the first pic and the second?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2003, 09:37:20 PM »
Hangtime, that says a lot more about you than it does me.

it says i'm sick and tired of seeing images of dead american women and kids, amazinhunk.

shall i put up pics of slaughtered norwegians?

whatever the reason for her death. the fact is enough. you don't need to assail us with the pictures over and over, spreading them from thread to thread.

...at home, or abroad.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2003, 09:43:36 PM »
Damit Toad shut up! Stop trying to figure out what really happend here - the facts are obvious and the american ally is evil. Jeez its clear that the bulldozer was mercilessy running down these people no matter where they went.

Now lets all focus on the real problem - how to keep saddam hussein in power in the face all this 12 year 17 UN resolutiun USA  headlong premature rush to war. I hear the 3rd Republican Guard division needs some human shelds infront of its T72s which are used to store organic baby milk formula and medicines for the elderly...

Gscholz:

Youb asked why they were bulldozing these homes and i told you. I knew you wouldnt like answer so I provided one mora palatible to your prejudices. You then called me names, that was uncalled for.

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2003, 09:46:17 PM »
Originally posted by Curval
Well, okay, that is your opinion.

But I think your original point was that people were laughing at the woman who got bulldozed and that annoyed you, which I respect.

But comparing Israel to the Chinese is way off base.  It just makes you come off as being anti-Jewish.
I reckon it makes him come off as being anti Chinese ;)
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.