Author Topic: Need help from 109Gx experten!  (Read 3540 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Need help from 109Gx experten!
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2003, 07:17:12 AM »
Batz!  Thanks for that explanation.  WB used to have 800 yard spray and pray shots, and then they changed things in such a way that even planes armed with .50 cal had to get to within 300 yards. They also fiddled with the lethality of the various different types of round, fiddled with buff gun lethality, and buff ord. All rather off-pissing, and played no small part in my decision to leave.
Most wouldnt fire their shots until they were in close so that the were sure they could hit.
I agree, and from Gabreski's account, one is led to believe that lethality was inversely proportional to the square of the distance between his own plane and the target. In Aces High, the problem with getting in close (200 yards or less) is that the bogie pilot hears your engine!  LOL - what BS :rolleyes:
Gunnery is very difficult and it will never satisfy everyone. But from your film I see why you need gondolas
 ROFL!! -You cheeky monkey! ;) I'll have you know that I did not have gondolas attached in that 109 film! Be sure to check that F4U v LA7 film - definitely no S&P there!

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
Need help from 109Gx experten!
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2003, 07:39:36 AM »
Originally posted by Batz
But there are numerous factors that maybe arent accounted for. We have range counters, ammo counters clear unobstructed vision etc...... All intangibles that are quite hard to model.

LOL! Two of the three points meantioned are very very easy to model: Turn them off. :D