Author Topic: I Quit, finally ! Farewell Bush warmongers!  (Read 2501 times)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
I Quit, finally ! Farewell Bush warmongers!
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2003, 04:11:25 PM »
Guys
 Save yourself the frustration, just put Blitz on ignore.

I am sure he gets a hard on every time his gets one of you to respond to his utterly stupid posts.  I bet he sit in his underwear, and waits,  his room dark, a dank un-wholesome smell coming from his room.  

I would be he has no real friends and no life...

If he believe the stuff he is posting he is one of the sickest and most mis informed fools I have ever seen.  He tells others to go read a book about Vietnam after he call the US the aggressor?

Come on he is either so brain washed, or stupid he is not worth the trouble. Or he is just a trouble maker and you are playing into his hands.

Either way he is not worth anyone's time.

There are smart people up here who often post counter viewpoints, Sandman Dowding and MT come to mind, they are all good guys and generally fun to discuss things with. Why waste the time on a spaz like blitz?

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2003, 04:37:59 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Guys
 Save yourself the frustration, just put Blitz on ignore.

I am sure he gets a hard on every time his gets one of you to respond to his utterly stupid posts.  I bet he sit in his underwear, and waits,  his room dark, a dank un-wholesome smell coming from his room.  

I would be he has no real friends and no life...

If he believe the stuff he is posting he is one of the sickest and most mis informed fools I have ever seen.  He tells others to go read a book about Vietnam after he call the US the aggressor?

Come on he is either so brain washed, or stupid he is not worth the trouble. Or he is just a trouble maker and you are playing into his hands.

Either way he is not worth anyone's time.

There are smart people up here who often post counter viewpoints, Sandman Dowding and MT come to mind, they are all good guys and generally fun to discuss things with. Why waste the time on a spaz like blitz?

Some tried, didn't work, not even GtoRa2 had any success doin it :D

Regards Blitz

America was threatened by Iraq in no way, it was just plain ridiculous- It's a classic bloody 'Aggression War'

When will this tough little country of Vietnam see that apology?

Americans and Vietnamese have something in common :

Their pride

Regards Blitz

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2003, 04:46:56 PM »
We did NOT invade Iraq.....we just heard some shots and was curious....

:D

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
Take the hook out
« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2003, 05:19:10 PM »
Can't you tell that Blitz is really a frustrated "young republican" who is still mad that Nixon got caught:}

:rolleyes:
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Re: Take the hook out
« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2003, 05:30:11 PM »
Originally posted by Silat
Can't you tell that Blitz is really a frustrated "young republican" who is still mad that Nixon got caught:}

:rolleyes:

Nixon got caught?  DAMMIT!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2003, 05:40:46 PM »
I love how whenever he's challenged with a question in return he always tells that person to read the history book he seems apparently unable to reference. Of course, that being said, I bet his "library of reference material" isn't biased in the least.

STFU, Blitch![/size]

Dieter, this isn't a political forum only. This is the off-topic forum offered for AH players to discuss non-game related issues if they choose. Try posting something entertaining or non-political for a change before you get squelched by everyone here. Of course, perhaps you are too one dimensional to accomplish that.

Oh ... and one minor critique:

As cute as it is to see you try to use American slang in your sentences ....

"Ya" doesn't work for "your". Ya can be substituted for "you". Try "yer" for "your". Read a fuggin slang book. :D

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2003, 05:20:09 PM »
Nuke.
The depths of what you dont know about the US invasion of Indo china is amazing.

1954 ( around that time) Geneva peace agreement forms North and South Vietnam with intentions for a reunification election to follow.

So why no elections in two years as they had signed? Do you even know?
lol

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #97 on: April 08, 2003, 08:16:19 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Nuke.
The depths of what you dont know about the US invasion of Indo china is amazing.

So why no elections in two years as they had signed? Do you even know?
lol

Yes I know. It's because a state of war existed almost immediatly after the two sides were formed, partly due to the North attempting to destablize the South.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Pick a side.............
« Reply #98 on: April 08, 2003, 10:28:30 PM »
Shaking Off Saddam

By Rod Nordland
NEWSWEEK WEB EXCLUSIVE

April 8 —  Adnan Shaker has a tiny passport picture of himself that he’s somehow managed to save during his three years in one of Saddam Hussein’s prisons. It shows a handsome man in his 20s, lean and fit, with a luxurious mustache and thick black hair. Today his own three children would probably not recognize him as the same person.

HIS HAIR is cropped short. Half his teeth have been knocked out, his face is battered and the eyes sunken and haunted-looking. His chest is covered with 50 separate cuts from a knife, his back has even more marks, which he says are cigarette burns. Two of his fingers were broken and deliberately bent into a permanent, contorted position and there’s a hole in the middle of his palm where his torturers stabbed him and twisted the blade.

Today, though, Adnan was a happy man, so happy that he could barely restrain his excitement. He was finally freed from a prison in downtown Basra, after British troops entered the city and drove the remaining defenders away. And as he took a small group of American journalists on a tour of the hospital, he enthusiastically led a crowd of fellow ex-prisoners, their families, friends and passersby in the first rendition of a pro-American chant that any of us have so far heard: “Nam nam Bush , Sad-Dam No” (“Yes, yes, Bush, Saddam No”). They chanted and danced, filling one of their former cells in a spontaneous celebration.

The prison was originally the School for Adult Reeducation, until the authorities converted it after the Shiite uprising against Saddam in 1991 and, perversely renaming it the Jail for Adult Reeducation, used it as a place to punish rebellious Shiites. The white walls outside are covered with blue-painted Baathist and pro-Saddam slogans, but nothing announces that it’s a prison. In the central courtyard, there’s a long-disused basketball hoop, under which are arrays of metal beds for prisoners who were lucky enough to sleep outside. Arrayed around that were groups of classrooms, now cells, which housed so many men that they had to lie down in shifts to sleep. Prisoners whose families had enough money to bribe the authorities at the prison went into Unit One, where they were only occasionally beaten; it cost at least three million Iraqi dinars for that privilege (about $1,000 at the current rate). Unit Two was worse, and so on. In Unit Four, where Adnan lived for his 10-year sentence, the prisoners say they were tortured daily, sometimes thrice daily. Only Unit Five was worse, in a sense. It was where they took them to die.

Adnan says his initial crime was simply stealing some bread, but even that had a political dimension. “The bread was only for the ruling Baathists and the rest of us could go hungry—they didn’t care. We had no choice but to steal.” In prison, though, he was tortured to get him to admit that he was an enemy of the regime. “They wanted me to say I stole the bread because I was against the party.” He wouldn’t admit that, but when they asked him to say. “Long live Saddam,” he refused.

Adnan claims the tortures became daily occurrences, and he and other prisoners practically dragged us visitors through a succession of cells and torture chambers. In one, electrodes hung from the ceiling. He showed how they were placed on either side of his head while the voltage was turned on. On a wall were some hooks, high up. They produced a concrete reinforcing rod that had been bent into a sort of twisted figure eight, so that each loop served as manacles, and the middle was hooked to the wall. One room even had a complete dentist’s chair and drill set, which the prisoners could use for tooth problems if their relatives paid enough—but was more commonly employed solely to inflict pain.

Now, says Adnan to general consent, “I want to kill all Baathists, I want to kill Saddam.” He pulled up his shirt to show the knife wounds and turned around to show the cigarette burn marks. “When we said we were thirsty they brought us out here to drink,” he says, running over to a drainage channel in the middle of the old basketball court, and miming getting down on his knees with his hands tied behind his back and drinking the greenish muck that streamed through.

Unit 4 was reached through an oddly yellow fence with spikes on top, and the mostly windowless cells were filthy and bedless. Perhaps saddest were two rooms, each hardly bigger than a normal bedroom, reserved for children; they had been crammed with scores of kids from 12 to 16 years old, say the former inmates. Ali Nasr, 13 at the time, was caught up in a sweep when Shiites throughout Iraq rioted after the murder of their Grand Ayatollah, Mohammed Sadiq al-Sader (also called Sader II) in Najaf. Sader had been gunned down with his two sons, and Iraqi authorities claimed to have no knowledge of who killed him. Nonetheless, it followed the killings of a series of lesser Shiite leaders in previous years, and the regime’s execution of one of his fellow ayatollahs for his role in the 1991 uprising. Ali spent six months in the juvenile wing of Unit Four, sleeping on his feet when the cell was too crowded to lie down, or taking turns on the floor with other prisoners. The boy was still too scared to talk about it, even now.

Then there was Unit Five, a long corridor where prisoners were hanged or, in many cases, simply left to die of their torture wounds. In the looted rubble of the prison office, the liberated prisoners pulled out ID cards and photographs of men they had known who went to Five. There was Hilal Abbas, whose Ministry of Defense ID card said he was an officer in the Army; he had been heard chanting “Death to Saddam” during the uprising, and was hanged. Abdul Latif Sabhan had already had an eye put out by torture by the time his ID card photo was taken; he died of torture wounds. Fadil Jarallah died similarly, but his case was tragic even by Iraqi standards. He had, they said, looked at a Baathist on the street the wrong way. There were 16 other cards of men identified by the ex-prisoners as having died there. Many others perished as well; how many, they couldn’t say.

Just before British troops entered Basra on Sunday, their guards locked them all in their cells and fled ahead of the advance. Among them was the warden, Jamal al-Tikriti, a member of Saddam’s home tribe. “We’ll find the Baathists,” said Adnan. “And even if they have guns, we’ll tear them to pieces with our teeth.” And with that he led another chant of “Nam Nam Bush, Sad-dam No.” Elsewhere in Basra, buildings were set on fire by looters and some of the unruly crowds were even denouncing the invaders. But for Adnan and his friends, there was no doubt whose side they were on now.

Shaking Off Saddam

.......oh....... wait.... it's all just coalition propaganda.

NM.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2003, 11:38:32 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Yes I know. It's because a state of war existed almost immediatly after the two sides were formed, partly due to the North attempting to destablize the South.

lol
Who would have won the election Nuke?
Or any election that the US had allowed for the 20 years till they left...
Its not a secret. The US state departement knew it and admited it. They described the Election as a trap that they had avoided.
They avoided it by imediatly waging war on the southern vietnamese that would oppose a US friendly despotic goverment.

What ever. Maybe dont try to be the big history teacher on the subject of the Vietnam war. Refuting your misconseptions although fun would hurt the feelings of people here that fought in that war. They dont deserve that.

Offline Krotki

• Zinc Member
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2003, 12:44:42 AM »
Seems to me that, Germany, France and Russia conveniently forgot about certains terms of the cease fire agreement of 1991, with the rest of the world and 16 resolutions later, along with 1441. Why supply weaponry that didn't get used but destroyed along with the monies your countries would never seen anyway.

If you would look at it in proper perspective blitz, That is wherein it lies, Course when you just sit there in your easy chair an keyboard, can't see the writting on the wall, He  was a threat to the WORLD if allowed to continue his practices, plus his people will finally be free of an opressor.

If The United States is a conqueror as many believe then Germany would still be under U.S. dominion.