Author Topic: We Really need Spit XIV, No kiddin'  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
We Really need Spit XIV, No kiddin'
« on: August 11, 2001, 02:39:00 PM »

Ok, personally, I'm never fond of jet planes. I dunno why, maybe it's just one of those fetishes with prop-planes, anyhow, I wasn't that thrilled to hear the Me-262 Schwalbe is introduced next ver.

Hurricane MKII, im my personal opinion, was a right step - filling out the "missing links" of early war craft.. but I shudder at the fact that it's an MKII with Hispanos.. I kinda hoped it'd be maybe Spit MKI, or Hurricane MKI.. introduced with it's countrpart Bf-109E-7(or maybe E-4)... but stil, I like it.

The problem is, though I rarely fly RAF planes, the RAF still don't have a sufficient late war fighter, and I think no other group of people gave waited so long and hard to finally get a late war plane of their own  :D - except maybe the exception of JP pilots wating for Ki-84 ..

I think, in our current state, the two planes we desperately need to stabilize the country balance is the Spitfire MkXIV.. and the Ki-84.

So.. I wonder if its possible the Spit 14's included in the 1.08?  :) maybe a last minute surprise?

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2001, 02:42:00 PM »
Axis need a heavy bomber.   :)

Seriously, Spit 14 and Ki-84 would be great fighters to add.  I don't understand the Me 262 addition but it's not my company is it.   :)

Offline wells

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2001, 03:00:00 PM »
yeah, a Tempest isn't good enough!  :rolleyes:

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2001, 03:03:00 PM »
Niki is late-war fighter.

Ki84 = perk

Spit XIV = perk

Basically all post summer 1942 spits are simply such magnificently designed and crafted warplanes that they simply defy all others in all performance areas and simply must be perked.   :)

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2001, 03:18:00 PM »
An unperked Ki-84 would at reduce the N1K2-J numbers as some would trade the ammo load and turnrate of the Navy fighter for the better performance of the Army Ki-84.

Spitfire LF.IX(or the "best" Merlin Spitfire, the VIII) would cut down on N1K2-J numbers too, since it is better in almost all categories except for ammo load, durability and maybe dive acceleration.

Bring on the Spitfire LF.VIII(RAAF) and Ki-84-Ib(4x20mm)!  :D

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2001, 03:20:00 PM »
Hehe Funked   :D

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2001, 03:21:00 PM »
Yep the LFVIII/IX and Ki84 would then get perked.

If HTC does a Ki84 they really should do the 2x12.7mm and 2x20mm version, it would help cut down on the dweebiness.

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2001, 04:34:00 PM »
i gotta disagree grunherz there is no reason to perk a lf.ix

it came out in 1943. no 1943 plane is so good as to be perked. and if it is, kudos to the designers for making such a kick bellybutton airplane.

xiv=perk lf.ix not perk

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2001, 04:35:00 PM »
I was thinking about WWII British fighters that might not be a perk, and it occurs to me that the Meteor MkI shouldn't be a perk.  At 410mph maximum it isn't that fast and doesn't manuver particularly well.

It would also give people a non-perk jet to tool around in if that is their thing.

Zigrat,

The problem with the Spitfire LF.MkIX isn't that it was a super plane in the real world, but that the Spitfire is a near perfect fit to the type of combat seen in AH and WB MA arenas.  Because of that it might very well have to be perked.

[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: Karnak ]
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2001, 05:11:00 PM »
I honestly don't believe the Spit LF IX would be a perk. It's faster at some alts than the F IX, but not by a huge amount.
If it was introduced along with the Spit XIV, some Spit fans would certainly fly something else to build up their perk points faster.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2001, 02:52:00 AM »
Zig the problem would be overuse.

The current Spit IX, is the the second or even first most used plane in AH.

Add 20mph to it at AH alts, add some 1000fpm or more climb to it at AH alts, add better acceleration to it at AH alts, add much better roll rate to it at low to medium "dogfight speeds", and only somewhat degraded turning if at all and you would have a plane approaching old chog use in the MA. Why wouldnt all the easy kill gang switch over to it?

I honestly dont know what plane the RAF fans can get that wont be in perk trouble if the performance figures po0sted of these LF Spits and other planes are put into the AH MA environment.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2001, 03:50:00 AM »
Nashwan,

The problem is that there aren't very many Spit fans. I believe that there are many more fans of the Bf109 and Fw190 than of the Spitfire.  Spitfires have a bad name in these games.

There are however a lot of people who simply fly the most effective thing to mix it up in. Those are the people who drove the F4U-1C to the top and who currently drive the N1K2-J to the top with the Spitfire F.MkIX close behind it in 2nd place.  They are the reason that a Spitfire LF.MkIX would probably end up being perked. They are also the reason that Spitfires have a bad name in these games.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2001, 09:46:00 AM »
Perk anything that rises to the top of the kills per tour list? Is that the plan?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2001, 10:37:00 AM »
I don't think that "Perk everything that rises to the top of the kill list" is a criteria here.  What IS an issue is how often you see the plane, because I get tired of seeing the same plane over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, ad nauseum.  Case in point, the C-Hog.  Before it was perked, everyone flew the thing.  It was perked because it had 20% of the kills in the MA BY ITSELF.  The N1K2 will get there eventually, and then it will be time to perk it as well, at least if that was the reason HTC perked the C-Hog.  If a new spit is introduced that climbs at 6k FPM, does 360 or so on the deck, rolls like a 190, and STILL out turns every plane in the arena except the Zero, I WONDER WHERE ALL THE N1K2 PILOTS ARE GOING TO GO?  I bet they are going to start flying the new spit.  WHERE MIGHT ALL THE SPIT IX and SPIT V PILOTS GO?  Prolly over to the new spit, you might see about 1k kills per tour with the old version, like you do with the 109s.  I got news for you pal, the N1K2 isn't the most popular plane in the game because of it's tremendous impact on WW2.  It is the most popular plane in the game because it is easy to fly and it is easy to get kills in.  Put any plane in that is easier to get kills in than the N1K2 is, and people will stop flying it.  If you introduce a "better" spit, the population of the most popular plane and the 2nd most popular plane will combine.  The new Spit would have probably 30% of the kills in the MA by itself, no problem.

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2001, 10:38:00 AM »
I don't think just Spit fans would want to save up perk points for the Spit XIV. Those same people who fly the Spit IX now would want to fly a Spit XIV, wether they were particular fans of the Spit or not. They may also want to fly the P51H or Me262, or any of the other perk planes that will probably be introduced soon (Bearcat, F7F, Do335, Gloster Gladiator etc)

I honestly can't see how a Spit LF IX could be perked. A mid 43 plane, produced and used in huge numbers, perking it would prove the absurdity of the perk system.