Author Topic: This just makes me angry!  (Read 1801 times)

Offline osage

• Nickel Member
This just makes me angry!
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2003, 12:40:42 PM »
An infusion of young hard-working educated English speakers is clearly the death knell for the American economy.

Offline LoneStarBuckeye

• Copper Member
      • http://None
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2003, 12:40:49 PM »
The hubris of the left never ceases to amaze me.  In today's marketplace of ideas, the spectre of labels like "biggot" and "Nazi" is incredibly powerful and enough to cow many into adopting--or at least not opposing--one's point of view.  You, like many liberals, sling those terms with reckless abandon, knowing that you are safe from reproach.  After all, who would rise to defend a "biggot"?  You lecture from a position of moral authority to which you have no rightful claim.   If you ever expect to persuade any thinking person that your ideas have merit, you better have more game than the slander, contempt, and derision you've displayed in this thread.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 12:44:08 PM by LoneStarBuckeye »

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2003, 12:42:21 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
This is funny.  I mean really funny.

Do any of you even have an idea about American history?  I mean really.  Do you ever actually think about it when starting stupid bigotted threads like this? I mean really?  This all boils down to "we were here first dammit!"

There's a reason we have "undocumented alien families" in the U.S.  I don't think most of you realize what it is.

MiniD

We're all well aware of how we became America.  Naturalized citizenship is legal, Mini.  Now just settle down before you get banned again.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 12:44:33 PM by Ripsnort »

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2003, 12:42:59 PM »
Did you just call me a liberal?

ROTFLMAO!

Were you just lecturing me on throwing labels around when you called me a liberal?

ROTFLMAO!

And the funny thing is... you don't even realize it.

MiniD

Offline LoneStarBuckeye

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2003, 12:45:26 PM »
Well, you can call yourself whatever you like.  I don't know you, beyond what you've posted here, based on which I'd categorize you and Jesse J. as about equivalent on the policitical spectrum.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2003, 12:47:20 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
We're all well aware of how we became America.  Naturalized citizenship is legal, Mini.
LOL! think back just a tad bit more.  Remember who made what legal and illegal.

Even back then they knew how you treated people that were allowed to exist in the community.  Adress that all you want because that is where the fundamental fault seems to lie.

When you start denying the rights of children of people allowed to exist in a community, you start forgetting just exactly what naturalization means and what this country was based on.

Sorry you don't think that makes you either bigotted or a nazi, but then I'm always sorry to see someone acting like a bigot or a nazi.

MiniD

Offline LoneStarBuckeye

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2003, 12:47:55 PM »
And, although "liberal," like "conservative" or "moderate," is a label of sorts, I think we all recognize that it is not in the same league as scarlet-letter labels like "biggot" or "Nazi."

Offline GrimCO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.GrimsReapers.com
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2003, 12:51:39 PM »
I'll lecture you on throwing labels around like "bigot" or "nazi" because the way in which you accused someone of being both was absurd and inappropriate. I'm also fully aware that I called you self-righteous and pompous.

I'd lecture you on putting words in mouth to try to justisfy your simplistic throwing about of the words bigot and nazi, but I've already done that.

But I'll agree that being a Democrat doesn't make you a leftist liberal. At least I'm not.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2003, 12:51:50 PM »
the way Minid states it we (the US) should allow everyone in.. no matter if they follow the 'rules' of (immigration) or not.

hell let's house, feed, and train them to take LEGAL citizens jobs.

what lunacy.

why can't the illegal aliens become LEGAL ???  huh?

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2003, 12:52:35 PM »
I like taco pizza.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2003, 12:52:45 PM »
This thread was started under the premise that people living in a community should not be allowed to participate in that community.  You guys really don't undestand just what it is you are attacking on this particular issue.

The subject of migrant workers and illegal alliens is surely a topic for debate, but how we treat the children of those allowed to exist in this country should not be.  "We'll let you stay, but you'll get nothing else from us" should not be a political stance.

To think it should be clearly associates you with political stances from the past.  Deny the association all you want... the platform is the same.

MiniD

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2003, 12:55:21 PM »
Woah Mini D,

Because two children that attended and graduated from the same high school are now allowed to attend the same college at the same rate? Or is it that they are allowed to APPLY for the same grants now? Somehow.... "preferential treatment" becomes the phrase used.

Treated as a resident in the state allows them eligibility for grants and student loans as well as the resident discount tuition. This is not preferential... this is the same as everyone else they went to high school with.

I have no problems with these statements, as long as they are legal citizens of the country.  I work with and know many undocumented workers.  What suprizes me is how little incentive they have to become legal citizens.  What we need is more incentive for people to become DOCUMENTED CITIZENS, not provide more reasons for them to remain undocumented.  If they have a highschool education, what is holding them back from gaining citizenship and normal residency?

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2003, 12:56:10 PM »
Originally posted by Wlfgng
the way Minid states it we (the US) should allow everyone in.. no matter if they follow the 'rules' of (immigration) or not.
No, I never said this.  And, as far as I know, this is not the case.
hell let's house, feed, and train them to take LEGAL citizens jobs.

what lunacy.

why can't the illegal aliens become LEGAL ???  huh?
LOL! thankyou for stepping into the shoes so well.

This is not about who is and is not "allowed" to enter the country... this is about those living in it... the children of those being "allowed" to live in it.

MiniD

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2003, 12:59:55 PM »
What suprizes me is how little incentive they have to become legal citizens. What we need is more incentive for people to become DOCUMENTED CITIZENS, not provide more reasons for them to remain undocumented. If they have a highschool education, what is holding them back from gaining citizenship and normal residency?
Wow... a decent look at the other side of it.

If you want to know what's holding them back from aproaching the U.S. government and requesting citizenship... look at the title and theme of this thread.

"We'll allow them to exist below the radar... but they'd better not ask for anything else."

The incentive they face is the risk of deportation.  It seems to me, offering something like "state residency" at schools is the type of incentive that people need to step forward.  Denying it is a step toward keeping them in the shadows.

MiniD

Offline GrimCO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.GrimsReapers.com
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2003, 01:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
This thread was started under the premise that people living in a community should not be allowed to participate in that community.  You guys really don't undestand just what it is you are attacking on this particular issue.

The subject of migrant workers and illegal alliens is surely a topic for debate, but how we treat the children of those allowed to exist in this country should not be.  "We'll let you stay, but you'll get nothing else from us" should not be a political stance.

To think it should be clearly associates you with political stances from the past.  Deny the association all you want... the platform is the same.

MiniD

Of course it's a topic for debate. I believe that's why it was probably posted in the first place Mini.

You have no idea what my viewpoint on the children of illegal immigrants is. You just chose to ride your preconceived notions based on a comment that I don't think illegal immigrants should receive a free college education. You chose to insert words in my mouth so you could sling labels on me because of it as well. Point of fact, my viewpoint on children of illegal immigrants is probably not so far from your own. Yet you chose to insinuate that I was a nazi bigot, and directly call Ripsnort both.

What's up with that? It's ignorant and unfair.