Author Topic: Kobe's Accuser Picture.....supposedly  (Read 5988 times)

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Kobe's Accuser.....supposedly
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2003, 03:37:33 AM »
The Irish are a bunch of merry bastards, I never get tired of getting drunk with them!

OMG I JUST MADE ETHNIC AND POSSIBLY RACIAL STEREOTYPING. WHAT LEVEL OF PC HELL AM I HEADED TO :eek: :eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!11one

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2003, 03:37:33 AM »
Originally posted by Maniac
No, racial stereotyping is ok if you make it in a form of an joke and if it at the same time is an compliment.

Ok, I'm gonna save this quote.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2003, 03:39:19 AM »
Animal...do you agree too that racial stereotyiping is ok if you do it as a joke and you think it is a compliment at the same time?

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2003, 03:43:40 AM »
Originally posted by RightF00T
and she decided to accuse rape because she knew she could possibly get away with it with almost no loss if she didnt get away with it.  It's not that hard to decipher really what this case is about.

You know precious little of rape victims my friend.

And this is how she has been treated before the trial:
The woman's name has been on the radio in at least 60 cities and posted on various Internet sites, complete with address, phone number and, in several cases, photographs of the wrong women. She has recieced numerous death threats from angry fans.

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2003, 03:45:02 AM »
It is not wether it is OK.
I dont see it as wrong. Maybe not PC, but I dont care about that.

I make racially stereotypical jokes all the times about blacks, whites, jews, irish, italians, germans, etc. But there is a line between a funny racial stereotype, and flat out racism (hate).

Maniac did not cross that line. To me, it is just about offensive about making a joke about a loud American, or a charmingly gay Englishman, or a smart japanese, or the many chinese, or the mexicans in their bodegas, or the snobby french, what have you.

To you, it is only offensive because you are confrontational and you CHOOSE to perceive it as offensive just so you can have a hostile arguement with Maniac (who was only trying to lighten up this thread)

Hortlund, I think you need to take your own advice. Listen to some classical, open a bottle of wine or scotch, and just chill for a while.
With the attitude you are displaying, I dont see how you can be enjoying reading and talking about this. Maybe you enjoy flat out arguing with other people, I dont know. I hope you either dont get married, or find someone who loves it just as much as you do.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2003, 03:47:08 AM by Animal »

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2003, 06:44:35 AM »
Originally posted by Steve
Basically, you are saying that since the girl says she was raped, that it's fact.  And since she is a victim and it is fact, Kobe is guilty and not entitled to a trial.  I mean, she is a rape victim, and Kobe admitted having sex with her.  By your logic, he has confessed and should get no trial.

What i'm saying is the DA says there was a rape. So there was a rape until proven otherwise. I don't see where I say Kobe should confess and get no trial, nice try though.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2003, 06:44:45 AM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
You know precious little of rape victims my friend.

And this is how she has been treated before the trial:
The woman's name has been on the radio in at least 60 cities and posted on various Internet sites, complete with address, phone number and, in several cases, photographs of the wrong women. She has recieced numerous death threats from angry fans.

Her name and picture should not have been published.  However she is not a rape victim.  She is presently an alleged rape victim.  It is entirely possible with what we know, which is scant, that the accusation is false and Kobe Bryant's version of the events is the truth.  

Let the jury do its job.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2003, 06:52:57 AM »
The DA has determined that there was a rape. If Kobe is found innocent, was there no rape?

There was a rape, the jury does not decide if there was a rape or not. She is the alleged victim. There is no alleged rape.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2003, 06:56:57 AM »
Originally posted by Animal
you CHOOSE to perceive it as offensive just so you can have a hostile arguement with Maniac (who was only trying to lighten up this thread)

Yeah, I dont know why anyone would find that remark offensive...after all, he was only making fun of a rape victim in an attempt to lighten up the thread...

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2003, 07:20:25 AM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
The DA has determined that there was a rape. If Kobe is found innocent, was there no rape?

There was a rape, the jury does not decide if there was a rape or not. She is the alleged victim. There is no alleged rape.

if so why bother with a trial ?

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2003, 07:24:10 AM »
Originally posted by RightF00T
In this case Kobe and the girl both had sex.  The girl claims that rape took place.  Kobe says it was consentual.  It seems some of you think she was absolutely positively raped and if Kobe is found not guilty she just mixed him up with another guy.  

The question is...did Kobe rape her or were they just a man and a woman in a room engaging in consentual intercourse, and she decided to accuse rape because she knew she could possibly get away with it with almost no loss if she didnt get away with it.  It's not that hard to decipher really what this case is about.

I'm sorry lefty but saying she has nothing to lose shows you have little experience with our court system. I would guess what she has to go through will be the (possibly) second worse experience of her young life. I read somewhere that less then half of all rape cases are ever reported due to the stigma attached and the fear of the trial. If she was out for money she would have not gone to the police as now she can get nothing only the grief, look how she is portrayed here in this thread.

With about half of us calling her a slut and the guilty party, think how hard her life is now and for what (if she is lying), someone explain to me why she would claim rape and go through this for fun. Not to mention the lawsuit she will probably have hit her if he is acquitted.  It is ridicules to think that she is doing this for kicks and giggles. When I was a medic I had training on rape recognition and counseling, here I learned that often woman blame themselves for the incident and keep quite about it until someone intervenes and points out that it is a crime and needs to be looked into by authorities. I also learned that over 80% of all rapes start out as someone other then a stranger, someone known and trusted by the victim and this leaves the victim in a state of shock.

Bottom line is 99.99 percent of the time someone does not file a false report of rape, go through the pain, trial and ridicule just for grins. In today’s world with spy cams everywhere the guy may even have the whole thing on tape for his defense, if I were famous I would consider it as a form of protection.

I just don't think it is very likely she made this up, I think she got in over her head, was star struck and flirted way to much. When she tried to stop it he was pissed and did not take no for and answer.  Unfortunately he probably did not think it was rape in his mind at the time (he may have been drinking, I have not heard). Bad mojo anyway you look at it, as my Granddad used to say "the fu***** you got probably was not worth the fu***** you are gonna get"

Regards, Scott

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2003, 07:59:14 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
if so why bother with a trial ?

To decide if Kobe did it or not. That is why it took so long to decide to file charges or not. Once the DA has decided there was a rape, there is no turning back unless proven there was no rape. The jury does not decide if there was a rape, the DA has already determined that. That was the way it was explained to me.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2003, 08:02:31 AM by Sixpence »

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2003, 08:15:43 AM »
Sixpence I don't know how the US legal system work ,and it's not the way it work in my country.

In my country the "Juge d'instruction" (equivalent of the DA I think ) build a file at this state the "accusé" is still presumed innocent.
I is still presumed innocent until the juror decide otherwise.

But I've not a extensive knowledge of the way justice work in my country.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2003, 08:25:05 AM »
Well, in sweden the prosecuter dont press charges unless he is convinced there has been a crime committed. Then it is up to the court to decide whether the accused person can be found guilty of said crime or not.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2003, 08:28:37 AM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
Well, in sweden the prosecuter dont press charges unless he is convinced there has been a crime committed. Then it is up to the court to decide whether the accused person can be found guilty of said crime or not.

Probably the same way in France  it's a comparable (*) system if I remember ?

(*) code Napoléon ?