Author Topic: Kobe's Accuser Picture.....supposedly  (Read 5950 times)

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Kobe's Accuser.....supposedly
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2003, 11:21:44 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
Impossible to say.

= none

I am talking about a situation where you are face to face with a rape victim and she for some reason tells you about that rape.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2003, 11:33:46 AM »
Hortlund.

They had sex. She said it was rape. He said it was consensual.

What makes you so sure a rape took place? How can you say she was raped with such conviction?

You weren't really a judge were you?

As to your other question. Now that you've clarified it - there are two that I recall without a doubt. Probably more that I don't recall. And here again... so they've said. I don;t think I've met anyone who's been in court over it.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2003, 11:44:07 AM »
Hortlund.

They had sex. She said it was rape. He said it was consensual.

What makes you so sure a rape took place? How can you say she was raped with such conviction?
[/b]
Do you have any idea how common that is? To be perfectly honest I dont think I have met a single rapist who said "yeah, I did it, it was a rape." At the same time, they know that it is kinda easy to prove that they had sex...so what is left...the good 'ol "she wanted it" defense. Often combined with long elaborations from the defense counsel on what clothes she was wearing or how she was behaving before the rape. All that aimed at showing that even though she said no, and even though she says it was a rape...she wanted it...

You weren't really a judge were you?
[/b]FU
Before I quit my job I offered anyone who wanted it to have my phone and call me at work or check that number out. Since you didnt do it then...why do you doubt it now?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2003, 11:49:30 AM »
OMG listen to yourself.

You're saying there's no such thing as a false accusation.

Just accuse someone of rape, et voila! It's a rape.

You have no idea if Kobe raped her. That's a fact. You seem to think you know what happened in there. You don't.

Offline Pfunk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2003, 11:55:40 AM »
Thank god I will never have to go to court in Sweden or have Hortlund as a judge.  SHE IS NOT A VICTIM UNTIL PROVEN.  Jesus man they had sex he admits to that, she says it was not consensual.  She placed the charges on HIM so she has to have the evidence to back it up.  How is that a Victim?  It is her word against his that will be backed up by evidence on both sides.  She is not a victim until she PROVES herself to be one.  Jesus man how hard is that to comprehend?

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2003, 12:01:14 PM »
OMG listen to yourself.

You're saying there's no such thing as a false accusation.

Just accuse someone of rape, et voila! It's a rape.

You have no idea if Kobe raped her. That's a fact. You seem to think you know what happened in there. You don't.

I wasnt there. But how often to girls have visible physical injuries three weeks after having consensual sex with someone?

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2003, 12:02:32 PM »
if a woman is raped and they can't find the rapist she is still raped.  as in the OJ analogy the victim there is still dead even if they never find the killer.

this is not at all the same thing.  where in the oj case everyone agrees a crime was comited the question is who was involved.  in this case everyone agrees who was involved the question is what happened.  was there a crime?  since he agrees he was there and had sex with her the only question is, who's telling the truth.  if she is then, he is a rapist and she is a victim.  if he's telling the truth he is a handsomehunk adulterer but not a rapist, and she is a lying squeak and not a victim.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2003, 12:04:27 PM »
If Kobe' is PRESUMED innocent, then she is not yet a victim. Especially in the context of this case.

ie. Concentual or not Concentual.

It's a legal thing steveie. Maybe you should hit the books.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2003, 12:05:19 PM »
Btw Hortlund.... Not that I care too much, but calling up a number which goes to some courthouse in Sweden where you may be a judge or the mail clerk wouldn't be proof of anything. Like I said - I don't care to investigate... but if you wanted to offer proof, a phone number wouldn't be any.

A PDF of some public court document along the lines of: "Jones vs Smith, the honorable Steve Hortlund presiding" or whatever... that would be something. A phone number? Nah...

I gott say... a 28 year old retired judge is something else... (meaning if you've been on the bench for a few years you were 25). Very impressive. :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 12:08:06 PM by Nash »

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2003, 12:05:25 PM »
Originally posted by Pfunk
Thank god I will never have to go to court in Sweden or have Hortlund as a judge.  SHE IS NOT A VICTIM UNTIL PROVEN.  Jesus man they had sex he admits to that, she says it was not consensual.  She placed the charges on HIM so she has to have the evidence to back it up.  How is that a Victim?  It is her word against his that will be backed up by evidence on both sides.  She is not a victim until she PROVES herself to be one.  Jesus man how hard is that to comprehend?

You are one seriously disturbed person.

Suppose a girl gets raped. She is found uncounciess in a park with physical injuries and sperm inside her. She says someone assaulted her and raped her. The rapist is never found. Does that mean that the girl wasnt raped?

I dunno how your sick mind works, but just because the guilty person cannot be found guilty in a court of law, that does not mean that there was no crime. You have to understand that difference.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2003, 12:09:17 PM »
You cannot be this dense. It's like you're TRYING. Remarkable. :)

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2003, 12:12:10 PM »
Btw Hortlund.... Not that I care too much, but calling up a number which goes to some courthouse in Sweden where you may be a judge or the mail clerk wouldn't be proof of anything. Like I said - I don't care to investigate... but if you wanted to offer proof, a phone number wouldn't be any.

A PDF of some public court document along the lines of: "Jones vs Smith, the honorable Steve Hortlund presiding" or whatever... that would be something. A phone number? Nah...

I gott say... a 28 year old retired judge is something else... (meaning if you've been on the bench for a few years you were 25). Very impressive. :)

Finished law school in 99. Started working in the court in 01, worked there 01-03. I have been trying to explain before exactly what I was doing, and I havent found any translation to the US or english court systems that works.

Believe whatever the hell you want. Some day if I'm bothered enough I could scan the letter of recomendation I got from the court, or I could scan the proof of employment or whatever.

If I truly wanted to make up a career, I sure as hell would pick something more sexy than law though :) ...meet Steve the fighter pilot...or the weapons officer on a submarine or something...but Steve the junior judge? lol give me a break

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2003, 12:13:01 PM »
Hortlund, please move the the U.S. immediately! My gosh, since you know that a person is a victim from so many miles away, you could save us millions in civil and criminal proceedings merely by pronouncing judgement... screw the costs of  due process, Hortlund knows all!!!!!!!

I'm not saying Kobe is innocent.  In fact, from a strictly statistical standpoint, since the DA felt there was enough evidence to file charges, Kobe is likely guilty.  However, in this case, since the nature of the act itself is on trial and not the act itself(consent vs rape), technically there is no victim, just as there is no rapist, until a jury says so.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2003, 12:13:27 PM »
You cannot be this dense. It's like you're TRYING. Remarkable. :)

The rapists and the wife beaters always gets to me nash. If you truly want to talk about this then look me up on msn. I'll give you the adress if you want.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2003, 12:14:16 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
Suppose a girl gets raped. She is found uncounciess in a park with physical injuries and sperm inside her. She says someone assaulted her and raped her. The rapist is never found. Does that mean that the girl wasnt raped?

This is quite different than the Bryant case. He admits to having sex with her. The girl says she was a victim. Bryant says she was not.
sand