Author Topic: AH v WB DUEL - SIGN UP HERE  (Read 3524 times)

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
AH v WB DUEL - SIGN UP HERE
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2003, 04:23:33 PM »
I see Rip kindly offered my name up as a possible in the other thread but i am not interested.

As much as the competition appeals i will not get up and play at 5am for anybody.

I will not (boy did i wanna put that bold and underlined) ever download or install WB.

I wish all participants well but obviously want the AH guys to kick butt :)

Just think when all those interested install WB old WBS himself is gonna think WB has turned the corner and is on the up.

Have fun all and exscuse me while i crawl back into obscurity.

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2003, 05:42:03 PM »
would love to get in on this... but this got rolling to fast ... gonna be out of town next weekend... yell if plan's change and maybe get rolled back a couple of weeks....

Offline Trikky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2003, 06:33:36 PM »
Isn't having 3 rounds in 1 game and 2 rounds in the other gonna bias the results in favour of the 3 rounder game? Wouldn't 2 or 3 in each be better?

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2003, 11:50:21 PM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
I volunteer
Wldthing

heh  :D

Actually I should ask him first.

Count me in ;)

btw.. Never tried WB, so it should be lots of fun, cant wait!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2003, 11:52:56 PM by WldThing »

Offline bigsky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2003, 03:16:45 AM »
well warbirds threw down the glove. this would only matter in case of a ty. that three week rule in the other sim rule seems a bit wrong. because that only pertained to online play. and how are we supposed to check AH H2H play. i my self have 15 to 20 hours in warbirds3. i tryed it before i left to play aces high, but that was a year ago. they still havent stipulated weather its wbs2 or wb3 that we are supposed to go fight in. i assume its warbirds 3. in any case wbs3 or 2 has no vox built in. so we would have to get rodger wilco or team speak set up before hand. just my thoughts guys.:cool:
"I am moist like bacon"

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2003, 05:56:09 AM »
Did anyone sign up for team captain yet? I've got tons of free time over the next couple of weeks it turns out. Not that I think it's going to require it or is going to amount to very much effort at all, but I'll sign up for that if nobody has.

Offline Gremlin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.webtreatz.com/tod/lognew.html
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2003, 07:34:16 AM »
Originally posted by Flossy
Everyone seems to be only talking about Saturday, but only Rounds 3 and 4 are on Saturday.  Do you all realise that it is the best of 5 rounds, played over 3 days?  Rounds 1 and 2 here in AH on Friday August 1, 2200 Eastern.  Rounds 3 and 4 on Saturday August 2 are in WB, and the final Round 5 is at 1500 Eastern here in AH on Sunday.  Saturday's time may have been changed from 2200 Eastern, but that is only 2 rounds..... Hope we are all on the same page here.  :)

22:00 eastern is 3am.  I can make that, but jeez I wish i didnt have to.  Just created my WB account and downloading the software now so I can at least know how it works and what the keys are:)

Would be a hell of a lot better if this ran at 22:00 est on Sat and Sun that would mean no-one would have to play at ungodly hours.  Its even worse for you swoop, your 6 hours ahead of est right?

Offline Lizard3

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2003, 07:40:58 AM »
I think we need to nominate a few from each of the really good squads and hone that list down, then put on the peer pressure to ensure they show up.

I nominate:
Hblair :)
Regurge
Mane
Bigmax
Kappa
Shane
Drex
couple good AK's
couple of 13th
Furball already mentioned
Furious
Mathdweeb
I know I've missed allot of trully great sticks and squads, but my mind fails me.
We do need to put our best foot forward for something with bragging rights into the next century. We have to have someone better than Nash fer crissakes.:D

Offline Gremlin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.webtreatz.com/tod/lognew.html
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2003, 08:21:44 AM »
Originally posted by Lizard3
I think we need to nominate a few from each of the really good squads and hone that list down, then put on the peer pressure to ensure they show up.

If anyone needs to be pressurised into showing up then we dont need em.  I'd much rather see a group of willing guys than a list of whos who of AH.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2003, 08:44:53 AM »
Last thing in the world we need is the bad vibes that resulted from the first Axis/Allies Rumble. If guys want to sign up, let 'em... don't pressure anyone to do anything they don't want to do.

And above all, keep it fun...

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2003, 10:05:07 AM »
you guys are picking some guys that will get slaughtered.  I suggest that the captain ask that everyone who wants to participate submit a film.

I have a ten kill film that leviathn made where he is never at better than 4/1 odds against him and mostly 6 or more to 1.

Drex also has some very educational films as does hoolign.
lazs

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2003, 10:32:44 AM »
I would like to take part in this, but I have a prior commiment during the Saturday rounds (one of my best friends is getting married that day and the reception is looking to be quite enjoyable - open bar).

If you guys need someone to shoot at for practice, let me know.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2003, 10:55:28 AM »
Lol Liz that does it! You and me. Outside by the bike racks. 3:30 after school!

:D

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2003, 11:00:49 AM »
you are second string if you aren't drex or leviathn.
lazs

Offline GrimCO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.GrimsReapers.com
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2003, 11:37:30 AM »
You're going to have to take me out of the sign up. I didn't realize this was going down on August 1st, and I will be in the process of moving at that time.

Sorry fellas, I was looking forward to it too  :(