Author Topic: Targetware Open BETA  (Read 5150 times)

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2003, 08:56:04 AM »
Update:
Screwed around with my graphics config and got it to run much better e.g. 2xAA and detail textures at 1280x 1024. Also found out that if an a/c did not have a trim axis in real life (such as it is) then they don't have it in TR (e.g. a  lot of Japanese fighters only had rudder trim). Taking in time to calibrate and scale the stick does a lot for you here: otherwise youy end up having to putting on full stick deflation just to stay straight). Still not sure if this adds anything to the game.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2003, 09:13:54 AM »
Well said on all counts Ghosth.

MiniD

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2003, 09:27:36 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth

Beta's are by definition rough around the edges, unfinished, full of little inconstistancys & bugs.

Deal with it!

It takes at minimum a couple of hours of stick tweaking, help file reading, testing, repeat, repeat to even get close to it being really flyable.
Sounds like Brand-W during my last 6 months there...

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2003, 10:09:24 AM »
OK

Got through on Meta server, DL'd Rabual. Now it gives me an error message every time it tries to load the terrain.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2003, 10:10:39 AM »
Try rebooting MT.  Same thing happened to me.

MiniD

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2003, 10:14:46 AM »
Its not terribly bad...I have a few issues with the game so far but it seems to work fairly well.

The map thing is a bit odd...you aren't shown precisely where you are...so finding the fight, and yourself, is a fairly decent challenge

Also, for some reason, my throttle is stuck wide open...wont respnd to my throttle controller (X45) or the keyboard commands.  I'll have to mess with it some more

Cloud layers are nice looking tho

No autopilot really shows me how poor my X45 is doing...its a lot of work to stay level...sigh...damn stick.

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2003, 11:13:13 AM »
just trim airplane:)

Offline WestyAH

• Copper Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2003, 08:20:51 PM »
Too much of an up hill battle so far.  I've been through beta's before and enjoy helping out but.....  I'm willing to wait it out for T:K.   My initial impressions are essentially the same as the man who posted about curiosity (same guy that also thought AW was the cats meow!)    If HE thinks T:K suxxors then that really says bad things for T:R.  ;)

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2003, 08:44:27 PM »
Originally posted by Maniac
I wonder why this thread is not locked... over 100 post and no lock...

If you like mention WWIIO you dont have the time to type the L on the end before the lock comes...

My guess is that it was posted by someone that plays AH, nobody is really flaming anyone, it is not ripping on AH, and it doesn't read like a commercial for Targetware.

Then again, I could be wrong.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2003, 04:04:48 AM »
Well, the problem is that when someone posts anything about ww2ol, he is immideately ambushed and flamed by several of our patrolling fanbois. So a post about ww2ol automatically leads to flaming, and it is never the ww2ol guys who start it.

Something to think about...

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2003, 07:57:27 AM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
Well, the problem is that when someone posts anything about ww2ol, he is immideately ambushed and flamed by several of our patrolling fanbois. So a post about ww2ol automatically leads to flaming, and it is never the ww2ol guys who start it.

you a  litle miss with true, but noone perfect;)
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92830

be so kinde and stop hijack this thread

thank you much

ramzey

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2003, 08:30:49 AM »
Originally posted by ramzey
you a  litle miss with true, but noone perfect;)
http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92830

Id say its pretty damn obvious that Diablo and JB73 and Rutilant and chaos68 were the ones who started flaming in that thread... all AH players...

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2003, 09:09:07 AM »
Originally posted by Hortlund

Something to think about is that the reaction varies on who and how the presenting is done.  Someone coming in and selling their wares vs a member of the community talking about another game.  I don't really expect you to get it either Hortlund.  I also don't expect you to understand the reaction to a game that many people here had a VERY bad experience with vs one that nobody has any experience with.

MiniD

Offline WestyAH

• Copper Member
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2003, 09:43:59 AM »
The reaction many AH players have given to WWIIO topics in the AH forumns have been a direct result of  revisionist, product shilling posts made over the last couple of years by Hardcase/Zeroace and to a lesser extent Fishu.  That's in addition to the distaste for CRS/WWIIO by those who got burned by the intitial sell and thier crap all along the way since.  

Of course people should be able to post thier thoughts and opinions over on the WWIIO boards but they can't unless they spend the $$$ for an account to do so.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2003, 09:46:30 AM by WestyAH »

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
Targetware Open BETA
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2003, 10:05:58 AM »
Don't let yourself get dragged off topic, people know why a number of players have bad feelings for WW2OL and rightly or wrongly they expressed those views, this topic was suppossed to be about Targetware's sim unless of course you'd like Hardcase to get his way and have this thread locked too?