Author Topic: WB a furball paradise??  (Read 3248 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2003, 08:33:17 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
then most would participate {in furballs} out of choice  

Whilst in sympathy with your objectives in part.........I am not sure that this assumption is actually true.................
Ludere Vincere

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2003, 08:38:46 AM »
tilt...the cv's and close fields on the map have good furballs all the time if they have resources...  if there were more close fields/cv's with resources there would be more furballs... those running "missuns" would still do it but they would get less participation from guys who had absolutely nothing else to do on the map.   A lot of the guys would be too bz to even read the text buffer.... right now it is turning into a chat room.
lazs

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2003, 08:45:13 AM »
creamo.. if there were opportunity for furballs in the MA again then there would be... people tend to do waht is fun in a GAME unless forced to do otherwise by lack of choice or lacking self esteem so that they join some huge strat" squad and give themselves military rank. If the game allowed furballs then most would participate out of choice tho and the strat guys would be screaming blood y murder (as has happened in the past) that "nobody wants to play the game right"... they would ask for ways to LIMIT choice so that people were forced to play with em... their moms did it for em when they were kids and they want HTC to do it for em now.

And that is the difference... my goals are unselfish and noble and all about parity and choice while the evil, hive like and deformed strat guys are the enemies of fun and choice. laughter and meeriment cause them physical pain... seeing individuals leave the hive causes them pain.

God bless your claim to sobriety, but there is just no way I can believe it.

OR your just a strange sumsqueak.

Lol, you don't take any medication at all? Things that make you noble and unselfish to your "enemies" on a bbs?
:eek:

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2003, 08:57:06 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Seems to me most of the stratnoodles in AH are from AW.  This game was a helluva lot more fun before AW went tits under and all those dorks invaded and conquered my fun little game.

Im thinking with AH2 all those AW stratnoodles will go to the missun uh-rena and leave the classic MA to be ruled by the real deals.

THE BETA BOYS!!!!!!!!

sorry but this I don't accept.....

If you ever played AW dipchit you would now that all we did was FURBALL.....did it for 4 years.....came here and said WOW!....look....something diff. then Furballing.

Levi, there is NO real definition to the word FURBALL.....again what you say is what YOU think furball means....not me.

did ya ever look at a cat coughing up a FURBALL.....all the hair inter-twined in chaotic fashion.....thats a where the reference of FURBALL comes from....

what you see is a tactic or strategy entering a furball.....my definition is cherry picking or perching.....agree or disagree....we just don't have the same perceptions....

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2003, 08:59:38 AM »
creamo... let's just say I take that stuff less seriously than the guys who give themselves military rank take their rank.   "King of all Noble furballers" was thrust upon me.... "Public Relations Officer of the BK's" was self imposed but highly deserved...  "enemies" is equal to "red guys"  All the derogatory terms for strat guys are simply common sense and..... descriptive.
lazs

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2003, 09:12:18 AM »
Lazs-

What your doing on a daily basis on this BBS is bad for the community and bad for the game.

Continue your personal crusade for the game you so desire, by all means. But as I've said many times, your personal attacks, snide comments, followed by the babe in the woods "Who? Me?" attitude has reached a point where it is no longer entertaining, and simply annoying.

You are doing nothing but causing a greater rift within the community in this game, and that is not contructive for good gameplay.

I seriously urge you to rethink your attitude toward other people who play this game, whether or not they agree with you, or play with your style.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2003, 09:16:37 AM »
Whatever.......

Man I used to play this game alot.  I enjoyed doing a little bit of everything but the reality has been that the strat game prevents me from doing what I want to do, whatever that is.  I mean, I always seem to be saying to myself "sh*t, I cant do that now" because some stratcock has disabled me from playing the game.

Lately I cant hardly be bothered anymore.  I really long for air to air combat.  Tanks arent done well enough to really be immersive, ships arent done well enough either....the bomber model lethality is too fu*cked up to enjoy anyway so what left for me but ACM and some dork has me down to %25.  Fu*k it.  Gettin tired of it.

WTF you doing here then:rolleyes:

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2003, 09:36:19 AM »
tilt...the cv's and close fields on the map have good furballs all the time if they have resources...  

agreed......we quite often see furballs as creamo said........we also see a lot of fighter v fighter stuff from jabo strikes meeting defenders.

Quite often I think folk want to maximise their enjoyment by combining a successfull jabo run with a bit of a furball after wards..........(two jobs well done bring enjoyment)  we also IMO see reluctant furballs where the jabo run was the sole intent and now he/she wants to run back to safety.

We cant attrit a Cv's fuel and you have to be some what suicidely inclined to try a lone jabo run on one...........hence cv's sort of prove your point re the effects of  resource and proximity.

You assume that once this  (resource and proximity) is provided the majority will want to furball...............its this assumption that I would challenge................ most want a bit of every thing IMO.

Even Cv's eventually (thru naval gun fire) pork the coastal fields they attack............prior to flooding it with LVT's

The furball is IMO a phase of the attack/defence cycle of any field.

It comes into play most when the numbers are roughly in balance and both sides are striving for air superiority over the target field or even the air space between two such fields it is a means to an end and it brings with it the enjoyment of acm in a (hopefully) balanced air to air conflict.

We see what happens when imbalance occurs (either thru porking or thru massive missions)......... the furball is eliminated and a side moves almost directly to the capture phase.

Your proximity debate (in general) is actually a resource one IMO. (although big isle does have some bases toooo far apart IMO) If a front line base is porked a closer 2nd line base can be used to supply a defence. Hence the defensive counter strike is viable even against massive missions and a furball ensues.

OK but we then risk the perpetual furball phase and the jabo/capture/carpet attrition becomes eliminated/reduced (unless a side has resources to massively pork many rear fields) This would not be acceptable to many (even most) of our players.

In fact the ideal situation is one where even if the furball phase is over in one location it is ongoing in another. Much as Citibria promotes in another thread (make your own furball)

In my view the terrain designer must strive to balance all this. He/she cannot apply too rigid a formula because he/she wants variety throughout the map

We will all have various opinions on the mix of game play we wish to see (yes this thread should be elsewhere) and it is heavily influenced by the terrain design.

But I do believe it is a balance that has to be struck.  

I do not believe it is possible to make a perfect furball and a perfect strat map in one.

I do believe it is possible to optimise. (trinity and baltic are pretty close IMO)

I do believe there is much that can be done re porkage without  detracting from game play.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2003, 10:31:54 AM »
creamo... let's just say I take that stuff less seriously than the guys who give themselves military rank take their rank.   "King of all Noble furballers" was thrust upon me.... "Public Relations Officer of the BK's" was self imposed but highly deserved...  "enemies" is equal to "red guys"  All the derogatory terms for strat guys are simply common sense and..... descriptive.
lazs

No one thrust "King of All No Ball Furbals" on you. You made that up like the "enemies" you think are here in a message board. You think people care enough to make you an enemy or something? Your nuts.

Your "Public Relations" officer was clever and funny when you used common sense and fun banter posting way back. Now you just rant and yank about gameplay post, after post, after post.

Never has a AH character from these boards ever gone so off the deep end so fast. You sound like a dork. A consistent, repetitive dork.

Just saying.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2003, 10:37:09 AM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
Absolutely no "one" is! When you log on take the time to notice that upon loadup there is a place called the DA. If there is so many of you that won`t to do absolutely nothing but rump ranger each other and kill swap, then go to it and have a ball (:D  no pun intended.....well maybe just a touch). Other than that you will just have to play in the MA as it is set up as do the rest of us. No big mystery there.

For you to tell me to go to the DA only speaks of how little you understand what I've said and that you could care less in the event you do.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2003, 10:39:14 AM »
Originally posted by Mini D
You already have the opportunity to do it in the TA.  Explain why you'd need to be able to find a very specific type of fight in the MA at all times... and why anything that disrupts that very specific type of fight is somehow evil and open to insult?

There are all sorts of things to do in the MA... and it's always changing.  To insist that it not change because someone feels that one very specific thing shouldn't be interupted is pretty silly.

MiniD

So you too think that anyone who does not enjoy drivin boats, GV's and buffs should just go to the TA or DA....nice work.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2003, 10:50:42 AM »
I don't see them here pissing an whining about everyone else ruining their fun rude.  Maybe if they were complaining about everyone around them, I'd suggest that they get away from a situation where people are around them too.

Seems to me they are a tad bit better at knowing that the vehicles are a part of the game, not the only thing in the game.

Carry on.

MiniD

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2003, 02:33:01 PM »
creamo... someone who claims they will never respond again to someone else and then does three or four times in 24 hours is what I would consider a dork.   someone who posts drunkenly or claims to be drunk and unintellegebly is what I would call a dork.  you used to be kinda funny but now you are just the town drunk gone mean and irrelevant.   Kinda..... dorky.

muck..... Think about it..  How can I cause a "rift" in the community.  How can I be 'bad" for gameplay?  It is the other way around.... bad gameplay is what causes a rift in the community.   Not even bad gameplay so much as unbalanced gameplay.   the action crowd and the walter mitty crowd will allways be in this sim... they need to co-exist.   Every suggestion I have made would further that cause.   A lot of the strat sis... er... guys suggestions further the rift.   Certainly, I may have shown a lack of understanding or, more accurately, compassion for the effeminate "feelings" of some players who do not like descriptive terms if they are derogatory but....   Hey... I'm a furballer.

more choice is better... parity of results is better... If you can have too large an effect on other players with very little effort then that is bad.   That will cause your "rift".
lazs

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2003, 02:47:04 PM »
Seems to me most of the stratnoodles in AH are from AW.  This game was a helluva lot more fun before AW went tits under and all those dorks invaded and conquered my fun little game.

Im thinking with AH2 all those AW stratnoodles will go to the missun uh-rena and leave the classic MA to be ruled by the real deals.

THE BETA BOYS!!!!!!!!

Seems to me the loudest whiners are the AH 'Beta Girlz..err Boyz'.  

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
WB a furball paradise??
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2003, 02:47:41 PM »
muck..... Think about it..  How can I cause a "rift" in the community.  How can I be 'bad" for gameplay?  It is the other way around.... bad gameplay is what causes a rift in the community.   Not even bad gameplay so much as unbalanced gameplay.   the action crowd and the walter mitty crowd will allways be in this sim... they need to co-exist.   Every suggestion I have made would further that cause.   A lot of the strat sis... er... guys suggestions further the rift.   Certainly, I may have shown a lack of understanding or, more accurately, compassion for the effeminate "feelings" of some players who do not like descriptive terms if they are derogatory but....   Hey... I'm a furballer.
lazs

"Hey, I'm a furballer?" I'm sorry, but I know better furballer's than you and they have alot more class. Don't slap a label on yourself and lead everyone to believe that all furballers share your condescending attitude. It's an insult to many fine players.

You know as well as anyone what causes friction in the community. Constantly harping on the same subject causes problems within the community. Constantly berating other players causes ill-will between the 2 groups. Look at your above post. The very same thing could be said without using derogatory comments. You constantly attempt, and have succeeded to a certain extent, in polarizing a good community.

But that's alright, Lazs. I realized long ago, your primary goal through these posts is to get a rise out of people. You love to illicit an angry response from people so you can sharpen up your verbal sparring skills. Hell, even this BBS is a furball to you.

But you know what? People here have recognied you for what you are.

So please continue to belittle other paying customers of HTC. I'm sure the company that produces the game you so love appreciates you alienating it's customers.