Author Topic: why does everyone whine about being HOed?  (Read 1062 times)

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
why does everyone whine about being HOed?
« on: September 05, 2003, 07:47:31 PM »
HO was a perfectly valid WW2 tatic wasn't it? i was in a seafire defending a cv we had in the south. i was at an alt disadvantage to everyone they were diving so i would just HO them. over channel 1.all i hear is whning about it.whine here whine there whine here. BAH!so i have a spit dive on my 6 when is 3k away i flip around and HO him. i get his engine smoking. then he starts whining over channel 1 that i HOed him. and he has 5 kills to. i am getting gang by the whole bish mafia at this time and he is still whining. i die he is still flying. "Bulzeye:im still flying your not" BS you will flying for long. WTF do you expect me to do when im at almost ever disadvantage to you. and when you lose a HO dont whine. whining just makes you seem like a fool IMO.

skull12
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2003, 08:00:18 PM »
a kills a kill. Takes two to HO. Easily avoided with SA.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2003, 08:16:48 PM »
HOing shows a complete lack of skill imo.  Only time i deliberately go for it - is if im protecting a goon, i am clearing vulchers from a capped base or i am critically damaged.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline JavierLQ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2003, 08:38:25 PM »
IMHO HO'ed is perfectly fine. I mean if you cant use HO's  againts ppl with alot of alt advantage and speed...what else are you supposed to do? That person will most likely BnZ you to death...and all you can do is go into defensive maneouvering?? As skull said....it takes two to head on....if someone is diving on you and i can...i will go head on with them..specially if im in a turner because it is unlikely he will blow so much speed to let me catch up.As far as i know in the Pacific Theater Pilots used headons againts the zero....obviously they could not turn them so they BnZ them and go head on....so i dont see why people whine so much about it. If you are diving on someone...and u see their Nose go up to you....its just as easy to avoid just pull up or turn away....
My 5 cents

FBJavier

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2003, 10:51:07 PM »
Its like talking about the weather or traffic.. people just like to do it.

I think it is an AirWarrior leftover, but im not sure.

Someone descibed the MA as consisting of 75% Obsessive Compulsives.  Talking about HO is just one the compulsions.
JG11

Vater

Offline bockko

• Nickel Member
      • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blackoutboys/
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2003, 11:37:33 PM »
#1 - aw h.o.'s were neutered so it isn't an aw leftover...it was a waste of ammo; and yes, it was a perfectly real tactic - the later us planes had significant advantage in pacific; R.S. Johnson did it too -- a clean shot with 8  .50's was a clean shot with 8 .50's. HO shots are quite easy to evade, unless you are just whipped out of e; then, well, h.o., tail-on, side-on, etc.

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2003, 12:26:22 AM »
I believe in the europe head ons weren't in real life so common... so the HO's might be disillusive for those who likes it more real than who-cares-just-go-in-and-kill-yourself-quake.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2003, 12:45:57 AM »
Originally posted by Furball
HOing shows a complete lack of skill imo.  Only time i deliberately go for it - is if im protecting a goon, i am clearing vulchers from a capped base or i am critically damaged.

What else do you do in the Main Arena?

If I HO'ed, everytime you claim to HO, Well that would be damn near close to every sortie I fly. ;)
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Flyboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2003, 05:18:30 AM »
i understand why a plane in a disadvantage HOs

what i dont get is when the con is about 5Ks above you and decides to give it all up to HO, it just frustrating :(

i found it easy to avoid HOs and i usually kill the con who try to HO me with a good lead turn that gives me all i need to win the fight (and then call him a HO dweeb:D  )

Offline Pei

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2003, 06:50:27 AM »
Head-ons even the score: if accepted they give both a/c a good chance of downing the other. Therefore accept HO when you are at a real disadvantage but avoid them when you have an advantage.

Offline Trikky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2003, 06:54:15 AM »
Originally posted by Virage

Someone descibed the MA as consisting of 75% Obsessive Compulsives.  Talking about HO is just one the compulsions.
Hehe, that's good. The other 25% aren't exactly stable either.

I think people complain about HO's only if they lose. Personally I think it's perfectly valid - just a bit ugly.

Offline Virage

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2003, 09:22:53 AM »
Originally posted by bockko
#1 - aw h.o.'s were neutered ...

#2 - see #1.
JG11

Vater

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2003, 09:28:19 AM »
A H.O. is the finest act a fighter pile-it can perform next to killing a guy in his chute.  Anyone who disagrees is a communist.

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2003, 09:32:38 AM »
Those who whine about Ho's are almost always the ones who lose.  They are also the ones who whine about spit/lala whaterver.. "dweebs" when they lose to them too.  The common factor is that for some reason some folks would rather announce to a few hundred people they don't kow what immature losers they are than shut up and not put themselves in that position.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2003, 09:38:03 AM »
If you turn before the merge to grab an advantage, you can't be HO'd. Actually, you'd pry win with wacky ACM, so Shaw claims. I believe it.

Of course he never flew a 190A8 or a Il-2 in base defense, so he pry lied to sell books.