Author Topic: Avoiding HQ "hardness" whines ;)  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
Avoiding HQ "hardness" whines ;)
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2003, 05:40:51 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Then that means that HQ was intially, completely destroyed, not partially.

Nope again. I was online, it was 100% before it was bombed, 2 dars down after. There the entire time, not to mention the HQ killer was giving a play-by-play, apparently trying to get people to congratulate him. :rolleyes:

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2003, 06:50:44 PM »
Rut - that was my recollection too. I was one of the last ones to get there, and I think HQ was resupplied by then. I landed on the grass just outside town, but it said I ditched. Checked perk awards - no perks awarded for that sortie. I guess the other goons had made their mark.

Seeker! Yes I did say RTFM to that noob. I don't mind helping people who try to help themselves, but this noob had clearly not done any homework at all. He asked "How do I throttle up in a PT boat?". Someone said "same way as in a plane", so then the noob said "How do I do that?" These basic training sessions don't belong on Ch1!

But at no time did I tell this noob to Alt+F4. That was someone else. I have never done that.

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2003, 07:09:19 PM »
Rut,

You should Email Dale and let him know he doesnt know how it works ;)

Of course its possilbe I totaly misunderstood him as well..

Offline SixxGunn

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2003, 10:01:47 PM »
Originally posted by Zanth
The HQ thing is well documented in 5 million threads on the subject.  It was done this way on purpose they say.

I asked Skuzzy in the arena once and his words were" Yes it has to be 100% destroyed before player resupply will effect it. If players can resupply it when its only partially down then THAT is a bug and we will fix it, but you can get perks for rebuilding buildings at HQ. what is happening is goon after goons is dropping supplies, all the while trains are resuppling. so guys think its there goons rebuilding dar. Perk awards stop after all buildings are up. And when you get no perks trying to rebuild dar it just means a good bomber came in and only bombed white HQ building, so no other buildings for your supplies to rebuild."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2003, 10:11:21 PM by SixxGunn »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2003, 11:20:31 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Why doesn't this fabrication of evidence surprize me.

Because we are all familiar with "Beet1e's Reality" or should I say, lack of.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2003, 02:22:01 AM »
Can anyone please guess why it is the way it is? Gameplay wise?

To me it surely looks like "it's not a bug (read: no resources to change it), it's a feature!"

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2003, 05:33:59 AM »
Ask not what your map can do for you; ask what you can do for your map!

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2003, 08:30:22 AM »
Originally posted by ccvi
Can anyone please guess why it is the way it is? Gameplay wise?

To me it surely looks like "it's not a bug (read: no resources to change it), it's a feature!"

This is my belief as well as I recall the history of it.  (AH help doesn't describe it this way either)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2003, 08:59:04 AM »
I just go by what I've seen. We resupped HQ last night. I don't think it had been completely wiped out. I don't know if an AI train had arrived just after the attack.

Seems silly not to allow player resupply until the entire city is down. A smart buffer would just kill the radar building, and posibly a few others, but not destroy more than about 90% of the HQ.

Offline Kegger26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2003, 01:18:02 PM »
Beetle I know you are a fellow rook and all, but me and a squad mate flew over to run an HQ resupply, we dropped, but we also noticed HQ was not 100% down, we augered. Dar was not up in 10 mins like to reported, it was down to just dar bars for about an hour or so.  The Fight over HQ to down the bombers lasted 10 mins, I was in a 163 durring that part too. So I think you might have streched this one just a bit.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2003, 01:30:01 PM »
Originally posted by Kegger26
Beetle I know you are a fellow rook and all, but me and a squad mate flew over to run an HQ resupply, we dropped, but we also noticed HQ was not 100% down, we augered. Dar was not up in 10 mins like to reported, it was down to just dar bars for about an hour or so.  The Fight over HQ to down the bombers lasted 10 mins, I was in a 163 durring that part too. So I think you might have streched this one just a bit.

OUCH !!!! ... ROTFLMAO !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2003, 04:17:53 PM »
Originally posted by Kegger26
I was also there in a 163. The buff had augered by the time I got there, or else was killed by an unseen friendly. As of that moment, the lights were off. 10 minutes later, they were back on again. None of the goons shown in my screenshot - myself included - would have bothered upping goons for resupply, unless the dar was down. But the HQ was not fully down when I arrived in a goon - see pic. :)

Slap - you were saying? :lol

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2003, 04:42:56 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
I was also there in a 163. The buff had augered by the time I got there, or else was killed by an unseen friendly. As of that moment, the lights were off. 10 minutes later, they were back on again. None of the goons shown in my screenshot - myself included - would have bothered upping goons for resupply, unless the dar was down. But the HQ was not fully down when I arrived in a goon - see pic. :)

Slap - you were saying? :lol

I don't need to say anything ... you are doing just fine all by yourself.

:rofl
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline runny

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2003, 05:20:53 PM »
Originally posted by Seeker

DmdMax's and Shane's comments were in response to you helpfully telling a newbie that "Alt-F4" fired torpedo's

That sucks!

Everybody knows that you hit to fire torps.

:rofl I kill me.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2003, 12:43:53 AM »
hum maybe resuppling partial hq work. maybe just maybe the train resupply buildings around hq first. then they resupply the hq it's self. so resupplying it would make it go back up faster.
II/JG3 DGS II