Author Topic: Island Hopping  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Island Hopping
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2003, 12:01:59 AM »
Originally posted by Reschke

Sakai if you want to get a CT Pacific Development Group (PACDEVGRU) together I am all for it. Drop me an email through my profile and I will get you a few ideas for some CT setups I have in my mind.

Hehe ... with an acronym like that, I'm hooked already. :D

Where do I sign?!

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Island Hopping
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2003, 03:20:34 PM »
Originally posted by brady
Simply Put we nead more Japanese Planes.

We certainly do, but surely we could identify a competitive arena that featured a Corsair or two?

Sakai
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline ergRTC

• Silver Member
      • http://bio2.elmira.edu/DMS/index.pl?table=content&faculty=1&page=1
Island Hopping
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2003, 03:35:27 PM »
as long as brady keeps saying this
----------------------------------
Well this would be an Un balanced set up one whear the best preforiming Blue plane would be set aganst the far slower Japanese planes creating a set up condation remenicent of those we ran in the past that had poor atandance do to bad game play which was brought about by the huge spead advantage of the aposing planes.

The F4U's are the best preforming of all the planes in the present set up spead wise and exceleration wise for the allies( withen the normal CT combat envelope), alowing them to be widely available would be counterproductive to above mentioned premis and mess up the balance that is acheaved withen the curent mix. P47's are alomst 15- 20mph slower than the F4U-1D and have a lower exceleration rating.

------------------------------------------------

its not worth discussing anything about new plane matchs.

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
Island Hopping
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2003, 03:58:39 PM »
What we need is a different CM to implement it.  Brady has made it clear he won't allow free access to any F4U because of it's alleged uberness in comparison to the IJN planes.  Unfortunately, it seems like all the other CM's are interested in Euro sets only meaning Brady does the PTO's.

Any CM willing to host a Corsair setup, please sign on to the thread.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Island Hopping
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2003, 04:48:07 PM »
it seems like all the other CM's are interested in Euro sets only meaning Brady does the PTO's.

Maybe they avoid pacs all togetehr to avoid hearing from the blue plane mafia. They take a safer route and rather hear from the spit whiners rather then the "I demand an f4u and if you dont give it to me you are biased and if i could find some one to tell on you I would" crowd.

Theres 6 CT cms (2 non regulars) all ya got do is get 1 to work with ya. Badgering brady over it aint gonna do crap for ya. That should be obvious. Or hell volunteer and email skuzzy and HT and ask to be added to the cm staff.

Sakai, Reschke and I believe Arlo are going to try and put something together. Hell brady and I will even help. Find you a cm whiling to run it and your are all set.

Brady didnt steal your christmas. There is 4 other elves making rounds. Convince them you deserve something more then coal. :p

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Island Hopping
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2003, 05:16:25 PM »
Call me two faced but I would like to see more Corsairs in the skies of AH CT arena as well but I want to see more meatballs to paint on the side of my bird as well. Simply put here is the breakdown of what I would like to see in AH for some IJ aircraft.

Fighters:
Ki-100
Ki-84
J2M3
Ki-43
J1N Gekko

Attack/Bomber:
P1Y Ginga
G3M
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Island Hopping
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2003, 05:47:33 PM »
To keep it simple, and get the most bang for the Buck, and to free up the present restrictions often placed on Allied Aircraft:

Ki 61 Ib (MG 151's), easly added since it is a varient. (New Gunie)

A6M3 (Type 99 MK II's), easly added since it is a varient. (Slot. New gunie)

Ki 84, a Must for all areas in 44/45 plane set's.

Juddy, much better atack plane than the Val becomes available in late 42.

I would avoid the Ki 43, it helps not all in adreasing present set up issues, The J2M is a nice plane but it is available at almost the same time as the George and it is not as good a plane, the Japanese canceled it in favore of concentrating on the George. The Ki 100 is a nice plane but not as good a preformer as the Ki 84 and not even as good as the late model Ki 61's. Non of these planes (J2M,Ki 100,Ki 43) help adress balance issues when set aganst the present allied plane set.

If the Ki 61-Ib were added and the A6M3 big early war balance issue would be adreased, espichaly if coupled with a Juddy adation, and a Ki 45.

If you want to adress a ealr war Pac Bomber issue and dispence with the Boston Peggy combo, a G4M (Betty)/ Beaufort combo would be best to take their place.

For Late war the Ki 84 is defentaly Key, the Ki 44 is nice but depending on what model and when it is used the Ki 61-Ib is better than it early and the Ki 84 later.

Adding more competative atack platforms is defenatly a good idea, the Francis,Jill, Grace, Randy are all exceelnt planes, espichaly the Grace and the Randy, these would certainly help in the ordance gap issue.

But I think to keep our wish list withen the relm of the posable in the short term:

Ki 84, Ki-61-Ib,A6M3, Juddy

Just these 4 planes would do a lot and requier only two new aircraft.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
Island Hopping
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2003, 07:22:03 PM »
While I agree Brady that the planes you mentioned would do a good bit by giving the IJ guys something else to fly that would be competitive. They also need the rides that would allow a varied and wide range of early war scenarios in the CT to happen. As well as later war scenario's that had several of the other aircraft in there like the J2M series which was a pretty prevalent bird in the Phillipines from what I remember.

Plus there are some guys (ME ME ME) who like flying underdog virtual aircraft and winning fights in them. If I didn't then I wouldn't be playing flight sims 90% of my game time on the computer.

Also my list was incomplete as I did it right before I left work and didn't have time to finish the thought. More will follow later tonight.
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Island Hopping
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2003, 07:43:47 PM »
Well ya the more toy's the better:), I just tryed to keep it as short and simple as posable in the hopes of seeing it sometime soon.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Island Hopping
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2003, 08:32:04 PM »
How about something like:

FAA:

F4U-1D
TBM-3

vs.

Bf109G-10
Bf110G-2
Fw190A-5
Fw190A-8
Fw190F-8
Ju87D-3
Ju88A-4

That would give F4Us against a planeset that would be competetive.

I guess this would be about as good as an F4U oriented Pac setup can be with the current planeset:

FAA

F4U-1
TBM-3

USN:

F4U-1D
F4U-4 (50 perks)
SBD-5
TBM-3

USMC:
F4U-1C (25 perks)

IJN:

A6M5b
B5N2
D3A1
N1K2-J

IJA:

Ki-61-I-KAIc
Ki-67
« Last Edit: September 24, 2003, 08:36:07 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Island Hopping
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2003, 08:50:56 PM »
well with the problem the pac setups is also a problem of the limited (yes limited) US planeset.

A more diverse planeset offsets the effect that certain planes have on the own in "unbalancing" gameplay.

An early b26, a b25, earlier p38s, p400/39s. Earlier sbd or tdm etc.... Then add to the mix the new japanese aircraft and the ct can be set up to offset the unbalancing effects of certain planes.

As I mentioned above as the USN was get late version of their planes the japanese got the val and kate.

More diversity in plane types and map and set up designs will reduce alot the stuff that gets argued over now.

But everyone has a favorite plane and no one wants to wait. I trust brady to do whats right, you all call him a biased blue plane hater etc. But his unbalanced unfair and biased pac setups have a lot more folks flying them then the old open planeset pacs of the past.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
Island Hopping
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2003, 08:59:10 PM »
Personally I would like to see P-39/P-400 variants along with some Boomerangs (sp?) and a couple of others in the Allied section. BUT I still want more IJ aircraft to shoot down and would like for them to get say 5-6 aircraft in the aircraft update that will surely happen one AH2 gets rolling good. I realistically expect to see 1-3 IJ, 1-2 Italian and 2-3 Soviet aircraft.

BUT as I told Sakai earlier this evening I don't expect new aircraft types before the first of the year.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2003, 09:01:19 PM by Reschke »
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Island Hopping
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2003, 09:11:58 PM »
You get the last two E mial I sent?

"I realistically expect to see 1-3 IJ, 1-2 Italian and 2-3 Soviet aircraft. "

I certainly hope we get it as good as that, my concern at present is that since the MT will be doing a 8th Airforce type of Europe set up for it's first go run were likely to see more planes for this area first(Europe), or at least I am fearing that this is so.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
Island Hopping
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2003, 10:24:54 PM »
Yep brady I got 'em and replied to one of them. Not sure what is taking so long with them getting to you but my ISP has dropped a few emails of mine both incoming and outgoing in the last couple of days. They say its something to do with one of the routers within their network.

Even though the first setups as mentioned by HT in TOD are going to be ETO. I seriously hope they don't add more ETO aircraft to the mix. That arena is pretty well covered for now on both the allied (US/Brit) and German side. I really hope he brings in more Italian, IJ and Soviet aircraft.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2003, 10:27:44 PM by Reschke »
Buckshot
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
Island Hopping
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2003, 11:13:48 PM »
I just got the one E mail from a bit agp, I have been having realy slow e-mail deleverys lately as well, playing h!ll with my PBEM UV game.

Ya I realy hope so to.....