Author Topic: Unplayable Maps  (Read 1463 times)

Offline ACE108

• Zinc Member
Unplayable Maps
« on: October 24, 2003, 01:45:25 AM »
I Love the game and Love the history. I know CT is trying to stay close to the real thing, but Allies won from numbers and you will never have that in THIS game. So with that said can the CM of CT try to keep that in MIND, and quit making the allies so weak we cant play or have any gain. Sorry if that offends you all but it's a GAME and we should keep some kind of balances to make it playable. If its no fun then who wants it, You can tell by the numbers of folks playing the CT. That should tell you something.

If Axes always has the better planes and all the better guns and Allies never have the numbers with all weaker planes and guns then, well it's history. CT needs be fare even for the paying newbies like me.
It's 10-24-2003 I love the good looks of the map Jester but good bye CT. Some of the squad feels the same way and other squads also.
Jester good job on the map but keep in mind it's a game so you're not going to have real history here. I can see by the map, You are an excellent scholar of history but this is a GAME.
ACE108

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 02:31:17 AM »
Kanttori made this map, with some help from some good men who dedicated a great deal of time to make Tiles and helped in other way's, Jester is the Set up guy and is responsable for the planeset and the areana setings and maintance.

This planeset is one of the most balanced we are able to run in the CT, the Russians have a very competative plane set as do the Fin's, as to your comments regarding :

"and quit making the allies so weak we cant play or have any gain"

lol.

The Numbers in the CT during the past two set up's have been low but expicatedly so given the set up's, generaly speaking the CT has had far better numbers than it ever has in the past.

"If Axes always has the better planes and all the better guns and Allies never have the numbers with all weaker planes and guns"

lol.

"CT needs be fare even for the paying newbies like me. "

Please excuse me LOL- ing at some of your comments it realy does show how green you are when you make comments like that, but by your own admishion you are a newbie and perhaps fail to see the whole picture objectively enough to see the hummor in them, the CT staff try's very hard to make ballanced and historical match up's for the sake of good game play for one and all, while this obviously is the subject of much debate (and will be hear as well) it is nontheless somthing all the staff try very hard to consider when creating set up's.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 02:49:23 AM »
As for me setups looks very balanced..

for exemple last Britan vs German:

190A5 and P47 very close planes in their perfomances

Spit9 and 109g6/g2 109 has better perfomcese but.... need much more expirienced pilot.....

now

Best planes for each side are La5 109g6 very close - La5 better on low alt 109 on high....

All CT looks very balanced... yes you can say LW planes good (and I mostly fly them) but allies planes are excelent too...
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline TimRas

• Nickel Member
You just cannot please everyone...
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 03:00:41 AM »
Originally posted by ACE108
quit making the allies so weak we cant play or have any gain.

And I thought this is about as balanced setup as you can get. But on the other hand, this guy's idea of gameplay balance is to have the edge...

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 05:01:07 AM »
Well he's a typical bishop player. They quit unless they have 2:1. :rofl

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 05:23:47 AM »
its been awhile but here goes,

Poor Allied Farmboy,.....:p
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 05:27:40 AM by Batz »

Offline ACE108

• Zinc Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 07:18:05 AM »

Offline ACE108

• Zinc Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2003, 07:22:43 AM »

Originally posted by brady
Kanttori made this map, with some help from some good men who dedicated a great deal of time to make Tiles and helped in other way's, Jester is the Set up guy and is responsable for the planeset and the areana setings and maintance.

This planeset is one of the most balanced we are able to run in the CT, the Russians have a very competative plane set as do the Fin's, as to your comments regarding :

lol.

The Numbers in the CT during the past two set up's have been low but expicatedly so given the set up's, generaly speaking the CT has had far better numbers than it ever has in the past.

"If Axes always has the better planes and all the better guns and Allies never have the numbers with all weaker planes and guns"

lol.

Please excuse me LOL- ing at some of your comments it realy does show how green you are when you make comments like that, but by your own admishion you are a newbie and perhaps fail to see the whole picture objectively enough to see the hummor in them, the CT staff try's very hard to make ballanced and historical match up's for the sake of good game play for one and all, while this obviously is the subject of much debate (and will be hear as well) it is nontheless somthing all the staff try very hard to consider when creating set up's.

Offline ACE108

• Zinc Member
Yes Brady
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2003, 07:27:04 AM »

lol.

lol.

Offline ACE108

• Zinc Member
Sorry
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2003, 07:33:18 AM »

lol.

lol.

Offline ACE108

• Zinc Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2003, 07:48:56 AM »

lol.

lol.

Offline ACE108

• Zinc Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2003, 08:33:44 AM »

Originally posted by Siaf__csf
Well he's a typical bishop player. They quit unless they have 2:1. :rofl

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2003, 08:39:12 AM »
DAMN! All this over there not being any big bombers in this set-up? I take it that is what your gripe is by what you asked me last night.

If so - there really WASN'T many big bombers around this time on the Eastern Front. The Ruskies mostly used attack bombers. The Soviet's Air Force was mainly built for supporting their troops - that is why all their aircraft work best down low. The Lend-Lease stuff they received was also geared to this. You did not see any big bombers on the Eastern Front till the US/British Shuttle Missions late in the war.

As for "FAIR" - well this sounds like a DEFINATE "Whine" here, Sorry. If you want fair I suggest you go to the MA or DA or even the TA. War was NOT fair and we try to represent the historical situation in the CT. THAT IS WHY IT IS CALLED THE COMBAT THEATER! :rolleyes: From what I have observed most pilots want "Historical" over the "Quake" version and aren't wild about "Fantasy" set-ups far outside the norm. Pilots spend many hours flying here to develop their skills and most have more hours behind their aircraft than the actuall WW2 pilots did! I am sure the real WW2 Air Forces would have CREAMED to get pilots this well trained in flight dynamics and A2A Combat.

As for being a "NEWBY" sorry that won't won't fly either. Most everyone here started out as a new pilot and went on to become a regular ace. When I came over from WARBIRDS I was an above average pilot but quickly found I had trouble keeping in formation here in AH! Instead of "Whineing" I practiced and joined a good squadron so I would have wingmen to help watch my 6 till I was up to speed. Now I am back to the level I was in WB's. I would suggesst you do the same. You will get more out of your flying time.

The Set-up angle doesn't fly either. The Fin/Rus set-up is probibaly the most ballenced you will see in AH. The Russian aircraft perform best down low where 90% of all combats take place in AH so the Allies have a real advantage. While the Ruskie planes are harder to fly - if you fly them smartly you have a real advantage.

As for the CM's having "Powers" - yes, we do sometimes changes things around in it helps playability but generally we don't. Yes, we always will move fleets if players are "Misuseing" them by running them up on the beach to inhibit the other sides ability to take off out of a field or as mobile ack batteries or places to run to if they to save their hide if they get into a bind. That kind of action is just plane "Dweeby" but way too common by players.

Sorry that you are having a tough time getting started in AH but it is nothing a little practice and patients wouldn't cure.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 08:45:26 AM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2003, 09:44:18 AM »
there is always MA - all the planes , all the time...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Unplayable Maps
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2003, 10:01:02 AM »
i just had to....  had to...

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798