Author Topic: On Suicide bombing.  (Read 8292 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
On Suicide bombing.
« on: December 02, 2002, 03:22:10 PM »
Been toying with the idea that ordanance has  little or no effect if you are not still living for a given period of time (around 30 secs) after impact.

What do you gents think?

HiTech

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2002, 03:23:46 PM »
Hmmmm...interesting.

What about in those extreme cases where you execute a dive bomb run and pickle your ord and then get nailed back to tower by a good 5 inch gunner while you are in the process of pulling out of the dive?  Will that ord that you dropped be negated by this system?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2002, 03:24:25 PM »
I can think of pro's and con's and certain situations for both sides of the argument...but its my opinion that if you pickle, and you die, bombs should still hit the target, just as in WW2.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2002, 03:25:10 PM »
Bad...

Hate to think I've fought off cons from my Lanc, get bombs off...and the bastids wax me and at 30 seconds, the bombs turn to nerf.

I understand what abuse you are trying to counter but it could also backfire on legitimate bomb drops in which the player is shot down.

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2002, 03:26:12 PM »
Not a limit of the negative G bomb release??

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2002, 03:27:46 PM »
Yea, I don't like that idea either.  It would penalize level bombers that get killed right after they drop.  

I'd like to see some system where the bombs wont drop if you are past a certain AoA.  At least not if they are sitting in a bomb bay- I suppose wing mounted bombs could fall freely at any given AoA, as long as you werent upside down.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2002, 03:28:10 PM »
Agree with Ripsnort.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Revvin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ch-hangar.com
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2002, 03:29:21 PM »
Seems that this would penalize the jabo's that unintentionally die whilst dive bombing. The problem seems to be more heavy bombers divebombing on CV's so either make their eggs do no damage if they are in a steep dive or limit them to dropping when they are level?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2002, 03:29:42 PM »
What if it  only affected JABO A/C? (Shrugs)  I can't help but think of the suicide JABO's lately...

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2002, 03:31:35 PM »
Aint compressed a P-38 in a whole, eh Rip ?  :)

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2002, 03:31:57 PM »
Nah, better to perk the bigger bombs.  You live and RTB, you get em back.

If I am diving on an Osti, pickle the bombs and then he gets the lucky ping on my egress, that bomb should still do damage.  This 30 second rule would invalidate an honest attempt.

I would like to see plane damage from bombs hitting the aircraft if they are released in such a manner as to cause this collision (ie. dive bombing b-17's).  These bombs should be duds after collision.

F.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2002, 03:34:36 PM »
Not sure how'd you implement that Hitech. What about those attacking a town in tandem. How would the jabo 0-30 secs behind the first know what the first guy hit?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2002, 03:35:47 PM »
Would this effect bombers or all ord for all planes?

Sometimes you get killed, like when attacking a ground vehicle. I think there would be an equal amount of whining if folks who make an honest attempt at dive bombing at by bad luck get killed.

It would be better then what we have now especially if it applies to all ord.

But is it possible that in heavy bombers to make it impossible to dive at angles greater then 30 degrees and release bombs?

But this does nothing to stop suicide lo alt level drops. But level drops are easier to handle. Its much harder to stop a 12k lanc who suddenly goes nose down on a cv as you close to kill him.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2002, 03:37:20 PM »
How would this work?  Some dweeb divebombs a hanger in a suicide run with a B17.  The hangar gets destroyed, but the dweeb dies 10 seconds later, and the hangar reappears again?

Or what about GVs?  A dweeb divebombs with a Lanc and destroys my panzer, I end up in the tower.  But 5 seconds later, the divebombing dweeb dies as he lawndarts.  Do I get put back in my panzer?

Offline LUPO

• Copper Member
      • http://www.stefanodeluca.it
On Suicide bombing.
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2002, 03:37:43 PM »
Not a limit of the negative G bomb release??

I think that Mitsu's idea would work better.