Author Topic: More and more bailing after bombing  (Read 7730 times)

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Re: More and more bailing after bombing
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 11:19:19 PM »
Peace and Hair Grease
Top Gun

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 12:04:14 AM »
What got me is when he in his tempest and 2 others in Nikis proceeded to cap a field (no base-take attempt, they completely ignored vehicles, etc), and orbited around the field for a solid 10 minutes, ganging anyone who tried to up. As soon as you got out of range of ack, or broke about 4k, they dove in on you.

When I asked him about it via CH 200, he said, "We're just looking for a fight". I was already disinclined to like him because he almost exclusively flys Tempests it seems. That just piled more on for me; anyone setting up like that with two wingmen is most emphatically not looking for a fight.

Later the same day as the griefing, I took a K4 to tank town. There's 3 G-14's around 15k (luckily I was at 23k after an AFK autoclimb). No way he knew it was me. The two wingmen are trying to bait me down, while he climbs up 3k away. I'm maneuvering with him, his wingmen climb up, and get on my six. Now not to be mean, but these guys obviously don't know what the hell they're doing in the 109. So I'm essentially beating his two wingmen in a fight, and he's used that chance to setup and come in with E. Shoots me down.

Now at this point, I'm really on the fence. Previous experience with trolling for easy kills, flys exclusively tempests near enough (Up until that point, I had no idea it was 2cmex; frankly I thought I had run into some AoM guys right up until the wingmen start maneuvering with me). But he fought smart, even if he did pretty much use his wingmen as tools to set himself up for a kill. Then on CH 200: "Lol, PWND!!!!!!".

Now think about that; 3v1, takes a solid 7 minutes for them to take me down. I'm beating the crap out of his wingmen, who he simply used to set himself up for a kill. And apparently I got "PWND!!!!" That's what killed it for me.

As for MANaWAR, I don't feel any shame what so ever. He had so many chances to prove hes something more than a troll, and proudly failed every single time; if I can make him mad, I've won. End of story.

Who cares.  It's a game.  They baited you and you were dumb enough to swallow the bait hook line and sinker.

Did you ever think that instead of "using" his wingmen they were all working together the whole time?  Did you ever think it took seven minutes only because you had an 8K alt advantage to start (and still lost)?

BTW, how many of his wingmen that you were "beating the crap out of" did you kill?  0?

< Shakes head... walks away.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 02:07:42 AM »
the problem with bomb and bailers is that they do it to essentially, game the game. the bombers fly to town, drop the load, wf it, they bail, reup, deack and bring a goon. to me, there is no integrity in doing this. ive had a person get mad at me, bc i wouldnt bomb and bail. we didnt get the town, and this person ripped me a new one. for me, i want to take the town the right way, using tactics and timing. not, imo only, playing dirty. to me, it defeats the purpose of taking on a challenge. its bottom line, xbox tactics.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 02:13:39 AM »
the problem with bomb and bailers is that they do it to essentially, game the game. the bombers fly to town, drop the load, wf it, they bail, reup, deack and bring a goon. to me, there is no integrity in doing this. ive had a person get mad at me, bc i wouldnt bomb and bail. we didnt get the town, and this person ripped me a new one. for me, i want to take the town the right way, using tactics and timing. not, imo only, playing dirty. to me, it defeats the purpose of taking on a challenge. its bottom line, xbox tactics.

Couldn't agree more.   :aok

I would love to see them either remove this exploit from the game or more heavily penalize it in terms of perks. 
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2014, 02:20:48 AM »
Award a proximity kill x 3 to the nearest enemy even if out of icon range.   Problem solved.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 02:32:54 AM »

Let's clarify:  You bailed out of undamaged planes just to grief another player? Then later you ganged that player specifically, so you could irritate them further? Then you logged off with satisfaction and pride of what you had done?

You are a real class act.

I dont like 2cmex, anyone can tell. But bailing only to piss someone off, then even telling it proudly like it was a heroic act; well it just sucks.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2014, 05:19:08 AM »
Bomb and bail with no damage, no perks awarded, and how about damage inflicted is removed, as if no bombs were dropped. There should definitely be things done to remove the the benefits of "gaming the game. This isn't the only way the game is gamed/
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2014, 06:18:56 AM »

+1

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2014, 06:36:26 AM »
Another post that demonstrates the questionable benefit of ch200.  Turn it off guys.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2014, 06:38:41 AM »
with the smaller towns and bases years ago, we would bring enough guys to take out the town, kill the ack at the base and capture the whole thing in one shot. it took tactics skill and cunning. we always landed the bombers.

we once hit strats in b17's and i got shot up and glided a b17 2 sectors to land it.

there are some that say that there are no rules and that you can fly anyway you want. then there are those that say bomb and bail and hoing and god knows how many other tactics are gamey and dweeby. is it gamey and dweeby? depends on your idea of fun. its not a life or death thing, so unless we mount shotguns on our monitors to go off when we die, its still just a game.

just remember the expression "there is no honor among thieves". it's a game and you're anonymous. theres no accountability. you can do and play however you like. some of us play cleaner then others, but at the end of the day the only thing you have to live with is your conscience.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 08:13:35 AM »
-10000000 for this idea, or if so then same goes with fighters and gv's. The problem I have with this is sometimes I might have just upped off a field to go bomb something and some one might call out a mission IB to a base so I bail to go help, so should I lose perks for this? No! So this is 100% bad idea. This is just another part of what this game has turned into, hordes, ho's, picking, runners, ack huggers on and on and on. If you don't want to waste you time then just let bomber be.....problem fixed! :salute
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 08:48:33 AM by HawkerMKII »
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 08:54:59 AM »
Don't worry y'all....just to make you feel better the rest of our squad will stay away from 2cmex and I will have a talk with him to stay out of that darned tempest...while such mouthy, sorry dogs we are we will up in nothing but Val dive bombers and fly in a slow, on the deck formation for your picking pleasure...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 08:59:02 AM by puller »
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 11:00:25 AM »
Bomb and bail with no damage, no perks awarded, and how about damage inflicted is removed, as if no bombs were dropped. There should definitely be things done to remove the the benefits of "gaming the game. This isn't the only way the game is gamed/

Great idea, except it will then become bomb and auger.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 11:27:18 AM »

While your suggestion to actually flay bomb-and-bailers is an interesting idea, I like the OP's suggestion better.  A perk penalty for bailing out of an undamaged plane seems much more reasonable and more easily implemented.  That or simply don't enable bailing (enter 3x) until a plane has actually lost critical parts.

And you must really hate bomb-and-bailers, luny, to want to physically do them harm.  I agree they are a scourge of the game, but you are taking it to another level.

;)
Ryno
lol--no-bomb and bailers don't bother me--esp if i'm close enough to get the proxy's :joystick:
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 11:33:42 AM »
Award a proximity kill x 3 to the nearest enemy even if out of icon range.   Problem solved.

I like this except make it in Icon range. Or even 1 kill would be fine. I don't see it happen that often though most good Bomber Jocks like to get in their guns and knock down the foolish on their 6.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.