Author Topic: What ignoring a court order will get ya  (Read 4612 times)

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
What ignoring a court order will get ya
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2003, 11:40:02 AM »
Originally posted by rpm371
This self rightious arse is slicker than you give him credit. Want to lay odds on his announcing an upcoming Gubenatorial or Senate campaign?

This Judge reminds me of David Duke in a conservative coat and tie... no wait that's Rush Limbaugh.

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2003, 12:18:52 PM »
Thanks Reschke, Sixpence.

Look forward to hearing if the Ethics Committee's judgment  is a public document.

all the best

Ravs

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2003, 12:40:39 PM »
Myself being from Alabama hope that someone makes Moore a copy of the 10 commandments and gags him with it.  Alabama is suffering from budget cuts like many other states in the union. I have heard cost estimating Moores self-rightous stance costing the state over $10k/day at some points.

To me, Moore is a hypocryte. Hes a sinner. Something about erecting golden statues and worshiping them?? Thats how I see his rock commandment statue. He erected its cause above himself, his people, his state, even his god. For that, he should BURN!!! (maybe thats too far)

I just want him to go away. Most all that I talk with in this state believe his actions to be too religious, egotistical, and a embarrasment. He would have no chance for governer from what I have heard and seen.

Also, I believe alabama's constitution upholds the seperation of church and state.  Artical 1 Sections 3 & 4:

Section 3
That no person within this State shall, upon any pretence whatever, be deprived of the inestimable privilege of worshipping God in the manner most agreeable to his own conscience ; nor be hurt, molested, or restrained in his religious profession. Sentiments, or persuasions, provided he does not disturb others in their religious worship.

Section 4
Religious freedom.
That no religion shall be established by law; that no preference shall be given by law to any religious sect, society, denomination, or mode of worship; that no one shall be compelled by law to attend any place of worship; nor to pay any tithes, taxes, or other rate for building or repairing any place of worship, or for maintaining any minister or ministry; that no religious test shall be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under this state; and that the civil rights, privileges, and capacities of any citizen shall not be in any manner affected by his religious principles.

k
AoM
« Last Edit: November 14, 2003, 12:46:41 PM by kappa »
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2003, 12:50:03 PM »
I have section three linked above. So yes, he kind of makes an argument against himself. He says the state is separate from the federal government. But he is snubbing his nose at his own state's constitution.

He may have a problem with section 60 also.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2003, 03:19:45 PM »
Sixpence,

His term would have been 6 years long and you can run for election/re-election unless you were a convicted felon. I don't know how his removal from office will be handled but I don't believe he actually broke any criminal laws.

Kappa,

What part of the state do you live in? I am near Birmingham myself.
--------------------------------------------------------------
One of my buddies made a case for him being disbarred today at lunch. However I don't think it should go that far. Although I do believe that he put himself above both his sworn oath to preserve and uphold the laws of the State and Nation. I think that I am able within my faith as a Christian to see both sides of the coin here. It is my hope that this matter will be resolved by both sides in a manner that will allow them both to move forward instead of dragging the rest of us down with them.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"