Author Topic: Everyone please read: Threats from BigJim  (Read 3311 times)

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Everyone please read: Threats from BigJim
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2000, 12:40:00 PM »
Well....er.....call me stupid if you like but I took BigJims 'kick your ass' as a challenge to fly.  Maybe it was just cos it was straight after a statement that he'd be flying that night......maybe it's cos I'm British and dont speak American.  

Really banana, you're over-reacting.  You 2 funked.  Mellow out guys, come to Holland and I'll roll you a 12" joint.

Swoop

Offline g00bd0g

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2000, 12:42:00 PM »
LOL swoop that'll fix em right up  

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2000, 12:43:00 PM »

Originally posted by Swoop:
Mellow out guys, come to Holland and I'll roll you a 12" joint.

Swoop

WOOOO HOOOO, Coming Baby! Oh, wait, I'm old  and married with kids now...got any bottled water I can party with?

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2000, 01:05:00 PM »
SOB IS going to kick my bellybutton at the con, so what? (Although, it would be nice to beat up by someone with money though, I hear Thrustmaster didn't give out a huge layoff package.)

Im just bringing my karate gear for the CRUD game, will save stitches to my head.

Speaking of which, are bottles allowed in the con room? I'll be needing a helmet or a chicken wire monitor adaptor then cuz killing chutes could be unpopular.  

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2000, 01:06:00 PM »
Swoop, America has one of the most violent societies in the world. I don't think I'm overreacting.

I'm not a scholar on the U.S. constitution, but the first amendment gives us the right of "freedom of speech". Laws have since been passed, however, that do not give you the right to threaten someone with death or bodily injury. In fact, I think it's a felony, isn't it(any lawyers in the house?)?

I hope BigJim(or anyone else) who feels the need to vent his anger or frustration on someone else by sending a threatening email will think about the consequences before doing so.

Before all of this, BigJim was nothing to me than a guy posting on this BBS whom I did not exactly see eye-to-eye with. Go back and read some of my repsonses to him. Do any of them justify a threat to do bodily harm?

Are we all going to start threatening to beat each other up(or worse) if we don't happen to agree on something?

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2000, 01:09:00 PM »

Originally posted by Creamo:
(Although, it would be nice to beat up by someone with money though, I hear Thrustmaster didn't give out a huge layoff package.)

Who works (worked) for TM?  I used to beta test for them in my spare time back in the early 90's, if you have  a name, give it to me Creamo, I have some questions for the feller...thanks!

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2000, 01:14:00 PM »
The infamous SOB but of course. Not sure what all he did, it was probably useless. Cleaned the bathrooms there most likaley.

Offline Terror

• Nickel Member
      • http://walden.mo.net/~aedwards
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2000, 01:18:00 PM »
I think this is more of a misunderstanding of a poorly composed email than anything else.  Never assume a person will "read into" a message.  Always be as specific as possible.  As it seems human nature to take thing in a worse light than what is normally meant.  Never use sarcasm or harsh language in an email unless you mean specifically what is being written or explain yourself completely before closing the email.

Just my 2 cents!

Now you two kiss and make up.  (Or duel in the SEA for a while.)

Terror

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2000, 01:45:00 PM »
A fella in Air Warrior threatened me with physical violence not once, but twice during unrelated incidents.  To make matters even more bizarre, he did so 1) on the official Kesmai message boards and 2) in the unofficial community newsgroup.

Nothing ever happened to him.  I no longer play Air Warrior.  

A community that has within its power the capacity to control such abherent behavior -- and does NOT -- deserves such individuals.  Vote with your feet or wallets if nothing is done here.

-- Todd/DMF

Offline jmccaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2000, 02:28:00 PM »
How can you play AH over a LAN?

Offline Suave1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2000, 03:03:00 PM »
In Montana if you shoot somebody from a covered wagon its still legal, and I just threw a tarp over my Ford pinto . COME AND GET SOME !!

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2000, 03:26:00 PM »
So it really is true somebody still has a Pinto ?

Offline BigJim

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2000, 03:37:00 PM »
Notice that banana keeps beating the drum EVEN tho I have taken time to explain my intent, I guess he wishes it was true more that the facts indicate.  I agree I should have been more explicite in my e-mail I guess but that's water over the dam.  He holds himself out as a blameless by-stander put upon by some mad man, but his caustic post in another thread prompted my e-mail which he blithly dismisses.  In fact in a veiled way he threatened me in that post with his clever "wink" to someone, as if they had me picked out as a squad hunt or something.  I am not one to "run away" or be "cowed" by self appointed demegog's so I sent him the e-mail.  Since I have posted my intent of the e-mail he continue's to ignore that and keeps beating the "threat" drum, so you all be the judge of who is and is not harming the community.  I after all I wanted to keep it private, it is banana who wished to drag you all in with HIS interpretation of what I ment, he didn't even have the courtesy to e-mail back his concerns to me but rather immediately jumped to conclusions which were unfounded in my view, I hear "I am going to kick your ass" everday on channel 1 I guess those guys are all madmen too???  Funked is right about one thing, one of us IS sick and it ain't me.

Offline Asmodan PL

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2000, 03:40:00 PM »
EHHHH guys maybe that USA has one of the most violent societies in the world. if u wona see violent societie come to POLAND !

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2000, 03:57:00 PM »
Ok, BigJim, no more beating the drum. I've said my peace to you, and I will not enter into any discussions with you on this BBS or anywhere else.