Author Topic: Everyone please read: Threats from BigJim  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
Everyone please read: Threats from BigJim
« on: August 15, 2000, 08:05:00 AM »
Ok, now I know most of us understand that we're all here to discuss AH and have fun, but this is what I received from BigJim last night via email:

Probably will fly Thrusday nite and I can come to Minn and kick you bellybutton too if ya like your not that far away and I am tire of your and amazinhunk attitude.

BigJim, all I have to say to you is this: I do not take kindly to threats to me or anyone else on this board. I will be forwarding a copy of this email to Pyro, and I'm prepared to go to the police of your home town if you continue to threaten me.

You've gone far beyond the scope of this BBS by personally threating me with physical violence, and I want everyone here to know about it. I will not be corresponding with you via email, and I will forward any email from you in the future to the police.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2000, 08:08:00 AM »
   You are both good friends of mine, I would hope that you two can work something out.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2000, 08:10:00 AM »
 Unbelievable.  All this over a disagreement of opinions?

-Westy

[This message has been edited by Westy (edited 08-15-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2000, 08:13:00 AM »
Please, guys, next time something like this happens, deal directly with Pyro and skip the BBS.  

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2000, 08:17:00 AM »
Ripsnort,

You know BigJim?

I'm sorry, but in today's society, I do not take things like this lightly.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2000, 08:19:00 AM »
I always had my own opinions about this "bigjim"...

But wow I didnt thought he was SO amazinhunk as he is showing last days...

And with that message he says it all about himself. banana I agree with you. Just one mail more from him, any threat any ANYTHING and go to the police.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2000, 08:23:00 AM »

Originally posted by Ripsnort:
Please, guys, next time something like this happens, deal directly with Pyro and skip the BBS.  

I disagree Ripsnort. If he is threating banana with physical violence and he then receives a mail from pyro telling about it,next time with another guy may NOT warn him.

I think we all have the right to know the kind of people we are dealing with. And if he threatens that way I think we all have the right to know it.

S! banana. I agree on you posting this.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2000, 08:24:00 AM »
COME ON GUYS, WHEN YOU START CALLING NAMES YOU'VE JUST LOWERED YOURSELF TO THEIR STANDARDS, PLEASE KNOCK IT OFF!

PYRO, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD!

funked

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2000, 08:40:00 AM »
This better be a good excuse BigJim.

Somebody give me a good reason that HTC shouldn't ban him from the BBS and the game?

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 08-15-2000).]

Offline BigJim

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2000, 09:13:00 AM »
LOL physical violence???? That was an offer to fly against him on a Lan head to head as opposed to a net work situation, but glad to see what kind of "brave" materiel banana is made of.

Hell I have seen worse "threats" posted here on the board, I send him an e-mail cause I didn't want to start a flame war on the board and he runs like a little girl to the board and makes wild accusations.

Well so be it, if that constitues a "threat" and HTC wants me to leave fine, BTW whoever made a threat with the words "if ya want" tagged on the end LOLOLOL

banana seems abit overwrought, I guess maybe if he was less caustic with his posts he wouldn't be so paranoid.

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2000, 09:17:00 AM »

BigJim, all I have to say to you is this: I do not take kindly to threats to me or anyone else on this board. I will be forwarding a copy of this email to Pyro, and I'm prepared to go to the police of your home town if you continue to threaten me.

This incident (and what might happen) could give us years of speculation and discussion about lawful right to use guns as home protection in US. Lets see what happens.

------------------
jochen
Jagdflieger JG 2 'Richthofen' Aces High
Geschwaderkommodore (on leave) Jagdgeschwader 2 'Richthofen'  Warbirds

T-34/76 to Aces High!

Ladysmith wants you forthwith to come to her relief
Burn your briefs you leave for France tonight
Carefully cut the straps of the booby-traps and set the captives free
But don't shoot 'til you see her big blue eyes

[This message has been edited by Jochen (edited 08-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Jochen (edited 08-15-2000).]
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2000, 09:18:00 AM »
RIP, I dont think a warning to other players about a guy who is prone to threats of physical violence is out of hand for this board.

Rather, I think a player who issues such threats is out of hand for the game.  It is just a game.

I also think it is the moderators job to decided what should and shouldnt be posted, and when to close a thread.

Just my thoughts,
Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2000, 09:20:00 AM »
Dago, I respect your opinion, its just 11 years of BB's I've seen these things get WAY out of hand, thus degradating our entire community.

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2000, 09:22:00 AM »

Dago, I respect your opinion, its just 11 years of BB's I've seen these things get WAY out of hand, thus degradating our entire community.

I dont think that your baiting in AGW about WB going out of business before december improves any community. Just and thought.

------------------
jochen
Jagdflieger JG 2 'Richthofen' Aces High
Geschwaderkommodore (on leave) Jagdgeschwader 2 'Richthofen'  Warbirds

T-34/76 to Aces High!

Ladysmith wants you forthwith to come to her relief
Burn your briefs you leave for France tonight
Carefully cut the straps of the booby-traps and set the captives free
But don't shoot 'til you see her big blue eyes
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2000, 09:27:00 AM »
Jochen, we all don't agree with each other, thus discussions that heat up on BB's...I am no means an angel, but I fall far short of ever threatening someone, however, I think these threads of threat, counter-threat, etc. etc. are not good....just my opinion.

The bait post was just that, bait, and a salute to the WB's community if you bothered to read it.