Author Topic: JFK Scenarios on History Channel  (Read 3622 times)

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
JFK Scenarios on History Channel
« on: November 20, 2003, 09:15:03 AM »
I've seen most of these 'Who Dunnit' shows before, but last night they aired a documentary I'd never seen...looked new.  The two things that caught my mind were...

1)  Talking to the CIA Sniper who was asked to assasinate a guy who worked out of Bethesda (sp?) Medical Center.  This guy had genuine autopsy photos and had made a comment to coworkers that the shot that killed Kennedy hit in the right front temple.  It also showed the extensive damage as the bullet exited the back of his head.  The CIA Sniper declined but his friend thru Sniper school was asked.  This guy never put the two things together until 1993, when he saw a tv show that listed all the names of people that met violent deaths and were asscoiated with the JFK investigation...the guy who worked in Bethesda was one.  Further, this guy tried to contact his old cohort...no replies.  When he threatened to get a Congressman involved, the Gov't claimed no such person ever existed.  This gentleman has documentation to prove otherwise.

2)  People have been stuck on the grassy knowell (sp?) theory for ages.  Investigators tried to line up where the car was and where the shooter must have been based of videos and photos taken.  One thing no one else seems to have noticed was a sewer drain/storm drain.  They conclude that someone could have fit in there, fired the shots (and the angles/ballastics tend to agree with this)...then make their escape out the sewer system into the nearby river.

I've been seeing these shows off and on for years...this was the first one that really had me sitting there going...wow...

Anyone else been catching these?

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2003, 09:16:15 AM »
Are you sure he was a sniper, and not a ninja?

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2003, 09:25:11 AM »
Some things trouble me..

If there was a conspiracy, why was Jack Ruby allowed to rot in jail all those years, and given a long, slow death, thereby risking a deathbed confession?

If there was no conspiracy, why would a thug like Ruby put himself in a position where he knew he was going to get pinched for nothing more than a gesture to a president's widow, whom he had never met?

On the other hand, there had to be 4 shots to cause all that damage to Connoly and Kennedy. 4 shots makes a second shooter a necessity, thereby proving conspiracy.

The weak point in the Oswald acting alone theory is the magic bullet and the Zapruder film that no one ever anticipated.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 09:29:13 AM »
Originally posted by muckmaw

On the other hand, there had to be 4 shots to cause all that damage to Connoly and Kennedy. 4 shots makes a second shooter a necessity, thereby proving conspiracy.

4 shots means a second shooter... okay... put a second shooter doesn't prove conspiracy. It makes conspiracy probable.
sand

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2003, 09:31:02 AM »
I'm buying into the LBJ theroy.

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2003, 09:31:57 AM »
I was watching some of the programs as well. Very interesting indeed. They do present a lot of different interesting theories.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2003, 09:35:44 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
4 shots means a second shooter... okay... put a second shooter doesn't prove conspiracy. It makes conspiracy probable.

By definition, a second shooter proves conspiracy.

It does not proved WHO conspired, but unless 2 totally unrelated people who never spoke to each other happened to shoot the president at the same exact place and time, there must be a conspiracy.

So the interesting debate follows.

Who was the second shooter?

But the real question is why.

Why did they kill the president?

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2003, 09:45:23 AM »
Who would want the President killed:  Mafia

Why would they want President killed:  New laws against organized crime.  Some say the mafia helped Kennedy get elected.

Ruby killed Oswald to keep him from talking.  I guess Ruby thought he would be released from prison early, but instead died a few years later.

Offline BEVO

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2003, 09:48:08 AM »
my question is, how did they know to look for Oswald..... 10 minutes after the shooting they had a discription and a name..... nobody saw oswald do it, so where did they get this info from?

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2003, 09:48:21 AM »
Ruby should have been whacked in prison.

That's the easiest place in the world to eliminate a loose end.

Why would the mob let him live?

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2003, 09:50:25 AM »
Whaaaaa?....The Zapruder films shows it to be a forward head shot if it was Oswald's bullet it would of been a rear head shot.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2003, 09:51:41 AM »
Originally posted by BEVO
my question is, how did they know to look for Oswald..... 10 minutes after the shooting they had a discription and a name..... nobody saw oswald do it, so where did they get this info from?

I think he was arrested for killing JD Tippit, the Dallas Police Officer. He was not charged with killing Kennedy until later on, IIRC.

Offline BEVO

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2003, 09:53:58 AM »
yeah, but no one saw him do that either!

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2003, 09:57:06 AM »
Originally posted by muckmaw
It does not proved WHO conspired, but unless 2 totally unrelated people who never spoke to each other happened to shoot the president at the same exact place and time, there must be a conspiracy.

Exactly... what if two separate people happened to pick the exact same place and time to shoot the president but didn't conspire with each other? It's not probable, but it's possible.
sand

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2003, 09:57:44 AM »
Originally posted by Torque
Whaaaaa?....The Zapruder films shows it to be a forward head shot if it was Oswald's bullet it would of been a rear head shot.

If you watch the zapruder film, to me, it looks like the kill shot came from behind, as the spray of blood and brains seems to project from the right from of the skull.

However, Jackie is reaching back onto the trunk to retrieve a piece of skull, which should have been projected forward, right?

Also, dont the autopsy photos show an intact face, with the rear of the head blasted out? Would'nt this be an exit wound to the rear?