Author Topic: the lazs MA strat idea...  (Read 5039 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
the lazs MA strat idea...
« on: December 02, 2003, 02:20:31 PM »
everything the same except that maybe no fuel below 50% but.... each country has a huge city instead of a HQ.... call it the "capitol"... the capitol is like a hundred building spread out over a sector...  

You can "win" the war by either capturing all the bases or.... level the enemies "capitol"...  

the fluffers and the "missun dudz" could organize huge raids on the capitol... if anyone cared about "winning" the war.... they could up to intercept...  probly take 10 such raids to kill a capitol.
lazs

Offline mos

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 02:32:34 PM »
It's an idea.  I'd go for it.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 02:34:13 PM »
I'm in for a test.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 02:58:59 PM »
I'd go for anything new right now.

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 03:07:52 PM »
Sounds like something a numbers game could win through suicide.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2003, 03:08:35 PM »
It might make Lazs happy, so I vote NO.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2003, 03:12:15 PM »
Hasn't this idea been presented before?  By lazs too?

Like much said, anything new is a good thing.  My only concern would be the frame rates.  Tank town in Trinity used to be killer; imagine a whole sector full of that.
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2003, 03:15:13 PM »
Originally posted by MetaTron
Sounds like something a numbers game could win through suicide.

Well, maybe/maybe not.

We've nothing to lose in any event, because right now we have a numbers game that teams could win through suicide.

;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2003, 03:20:34 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Well, maybe/maybe not.

We've nothing to lose in any event, because right now we have a numbers game that teams could win through suicide.

;)

Important phrase here:

We've nothing to lose

So why not try something...anything.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2003, 03:25:48 PM »
I like it...one addition...instead of just one super large capitol, make it three fairly large capitols....just think of the strat capabilities!

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2003, 03:28:02 PM »
the buildings would be spread out over a whole sector say and maybe take a 500 lb bomb to knock em out...  only real way to do it would be lots of flights of carpet bombers with some jabos ...  

if people wanted to defend they could... if they didn't care about the "war" they could go on about their business without bothering anyone.

point is... with the short amount of time everyone is on per session...  you need VERY simple strat that doesn't punish one group or another.... no, "such and such fighter unavailable" or such and such vehicle or rings of bases with only 25% fuel.... the "strat" needs to be simple and fast. or... faster.  

lazs

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2003, 03:29:21 PM »
sounds good...with that idea EVERYBODYS fun can be killed by fuel porkers

what would work better is to reduce the damage bombs dropped from attack planes do...and make it so if your scoring as fighter you cant take bombs...

or even worse...the furballers could send a couple people to protect there feilds there upping from...

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2003, 03:29:37 PM »
not to worry sob... it won't make me happy... I won't have any use for this feature.

lazs

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2003, 03:38:48 PM »
Lazs, you've already got your wish by getting HTC to make buffing not worth the effort, what more do you want?

I'd rather that they brought back the pin point bombing that we used to have. Yeah I know, that created some unrealistic and stupid porking of fuel, etc....but at least there were bombers in the arena.

How often do you see a real bomber at altitude nowadays?

I liked it better when there used to be a reason to fly way behind enemy lines and destroy infrastructure.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2003, 03:51:35 PM »
banana... not sure what yu mean.... seems that with my idea the talentless mouse weilders could .... could.... "win the war"!!!

They would have meaning to their sad little lives and everyone would be in awe of their war winning effort....

your ideas simply make people hang out with em.   You want fluffs to affect fighters.  I would allow them to affect the whole arena in a war winning and realisic manner.
lazs