Author Topic: Pizza Map Sux  (Read 9810 times)

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2003, 11:20:33 AM »
Gosh you're awesome LePaul.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2003, 11:51:55 AM »
I know for a fact you would be outvoted.

Really?  Fact?

Please, tell me about your extensive research that establishes this as fact.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2003, 12:03:10 PM »
Stop whining, Steve!.....

Beet1e, I appreciate your input but your anecdotal experiences cannot change mine.  As you like to post films to support your position, I could post films of vast empty airspace as I vainly try to find a fight.  Sure there are exceptions, mayhap this is of which you speak. As a rule for me, I have great difficulty finding a fight w/ any regularity.
It's very consistent:  I'll up a fighter and head for the biggest enemy darbar(almost always a friendly base under attack). As I head toward the base under attack, other friendlies do so as well.
Arrive at base, sometimes after all the attackers are dead, sometimes I manage a kill or two.  Attackers all die, some even by air to air combat.  The attacking horde then realizes said base is now defended and ups somewhere else to try to blow up buildings at another, undefended, base.  I see the dar bar pop up a few sectors away and the chase is on again.
I'm sure that every county's horde does the same thing, including rooks.(my country)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2003, 12:10:59 PM »
Originally posted by MetaTron
If you dolts managed to put as much time into the MA as you do the BBS you would know I don't have trouble finding fights. The last time I checked the game involved six categories and fighter was only one. It doesnt matter how the game started out it is a work in progress. Stop living in the past.

Feel free to conduct an online poll as to the removal of AKDessert. I know for a fact you would be outvoted. Since it rolled in the fights have been common and easy to find. So what if some of it has been gv related. If you dont like it go back to your easkybake oven!

Spawn Camping = Easy Bake Oven

BTW...define fights for us please.

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2003, 12:15:40 PM »
Geesh, never seen so much whining over a map.  Like if Steve doesn't fly during the Pizza map it'll hurt us all.  Dweeb, learn how to use the map instead of expecting the map to work for you.

Here's a hint for you Pizza Map cry babies...Try zooming the map in as far as possible...pick a route deep within the canyons and take a formation of Lancs to an enemy base staying in the canyons until the last minute. Then pop up and see how much damage you can do before returning home through the canyons.

Bet you even whine about flying at nite too..

Word of advice:  Get over it or find a new game to play... your consistant whining gets annoying.

AOL Keyword: STFU

:D

my 2 cents.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2003, 12:21:37 PM »
Kap....remember who you are talkin to here. Voss has a limited skillset...bombers, GV's and ship guns are his domain. A fighter usually requires one to actually fight, although I'm sure he has found a way castrate those as well.

Give Metatron some slack.  He is obviously a guy that thinks the scoreboard is the sole indicator of  skill/ success.  I saw this in some of his past posts.  His methods are quite simple:  If he thinks he might somehow encounter a fight, he presses the "attack" button instead of "fighter".  If he is going to fly like a complete puss, he selects "fighter".  He can then crow on the BBS about how some folks are jealous of his "success".  This poor, misguided lad doesn't know that we are all aware of this ruse.
He is like Topgunz in thinking that spawn-camping a tiger is skillful.
Once Topgunz said after being called a spawncamper for the umpteenth time:  "None of those kills were closer than 2.0"
LMAO
As if the entire community isn't aware that you can zero in a spawn point at 50 yards or 5000.  These kinds of individuals have no sense of what skill is.
Too bad too, Metatron might very well have the potential to actually be a dangerous foe... like the rest of us, he'll probably never know.
As far as I know, I've only run into Metatron once, and I discovered this quite by accident.  I got bounced by a high 51 while enroute to a fight. After a couple of passes at me, the 51 left for easier pickins.  Later as I watched the film for a reason that currently eluudes me, I saw this brief encounter.. it was Metatron.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2003, 12:29:33 PM »
take a formation of Lancs to an enemy base

AWmac, some of us do not enjoy  dropping bombs on static targets. I'm glad you have fun doing this.
I don't.

As for your several insults directed toward me for posting my opinion...
:rolleyes:

If it makes you feel manly, feel free to fire off some more at me.

P.S.  What is your ingame cpid?  To be so deragatory we must have a history... or is that your typical MO?

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2003, 12:39:05 PM »
Steve feel free to substitute bombers with fighters in canyon runs. AWMac was my cpid as a Bish and now it's MacMAW as a Knit.  BTW not all that was said was directly aimed at you, it was more or less directed to all the other "Stevelikes" out there that whine feverishly about their lack of skills.  

Seems like you're not having fun anymore and no one has provided you with fun to continue flying... are you leaving AH soon?  :rolleyes:

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2003, 12:40:12 PM »
wow AWmac... awesome fun!   fly low in lancs and pop up at the last minute and bomb the toolsheds at an undefended field!

And to think we all thought the pizza map was boring!

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2003, 12:42:12 PM »
Laz  of course we could spend the evening trying to sink CV's with B17s....over and over and over again.  :rofl

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2003, 12:45:19 PM »
Mac, I don't like the pizza map it's true.  OTOH I haven't gone down the road of calling people who enjoy buffing, or GVing, or gunning, any names really. It's fine w/ me that these people derive enjoyment out of the game in a different manner than I.
The sole exception here for me is the imbalance on how easy it is to pork fuel compared to how difficult it is to repair it.  My opinion is that this is more a "rules" issue than a "people" issue.
As a person who prefers to find nice big fights(bigger the better) I simply do not enjoy the pizza map.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2003, 12:47:40 PM »
correction...

undefended toolsheds and undefended boats.

lazs

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2003, 12:51:52 PM »
Not a problem Steve... there was once a time that I couldn't stand the Pizza Map until I tried to make it fun. Some maps are fun and then some maps you have to make it fun.  What I did was choose the deep in the canyon runs as a tool in making it a lil more fun and challenging.  Did the run a few times with 6 or 7 othe fighters... turned out to be a blast.  And no Laz not just blowing away toolsheds Dweebster. :rofl

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2003, 12:55:23 PM »
LOL Much like the "Undefended Boat" that took you and your B17 formation out last night huh Laz?  :rofl

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2003, 12:58:44 PM »
Although I can't stand th e Pizza map, I don't think it is entirely this map or any other maps fault.  

It's the players.  The players would prefer to fly around with a whole bunch of their teammates and attack the terrain objects.