Author Topic: Pizza Map Sux  (Read 9810 times)

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2003, 01:03:14 PM »
Amen Furious

Ya hit that nail right on the head!  :aok

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2003, 01:09:17 PM »
Furious... dead on... it's what I reference in one of my posts on this very thread!  The pizza map is the "enabler" to this horde mentality.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2003, 01:23:24 PM »
I disagree Furiouse.

Move the bases closer together then this map would be tolerable.  Flying over a sector or better to find a fight just plain sucks.  

Strat people can still hit strat and if they really need to up from a base and fly 10 mins to do it they can up from a base farther away from thier target.  The guys that need to up from such a far base to hide in the stratosphere still can, and finally the people that want to up get to the action quick, kill everyone and RTB can do it without a 10 min break before and after the fight.

I would love to see more people boycott this abortion untill they fix it.   See you all in the CT *).

Offline Howitzer

• Silver Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2003, 01:40:56 PM »
I used to like the map when I first started the game, however, that has since changed.  I am with Kappa 100% as far as changing the color, I was 400 off of someone the other night and the only thing I could make out was his bright red tag above him.

This map is like flying on Mars or something.  Gynormous hills and amazingly deep crevices, and no signs of life to be found at most times  :)

As far as the distance between bases, I think its needed in this map, especially with 12k bases.  You need those couple of sectors to get to a useable altitude.

Honestly though in my opinion this map is all about offense, pick a base with a close vehicle spawn, get about 10-15 guys together after 10 p.m. CST and start rolling.  If someone starts getting in your way, don't hang around, just go elsewhere...  You could take an entire island in a few hours :p   The downside is that it gets majorly boring after the first couple bases.

--Howitzer

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2003, 01:55:19 PM »
Bigger maps are not a solution to gangbangs.

The only thing that more bases and distance between them accomplish is a longer ride to the fight and more open space betwene the 4 fields currently involved.

As much as I do hate Pizza, I think that alot of the blame falls on the community for demanding these new/bigger maps.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2003, 02:07:18 PM »
Voss, I can do strat work no problem, except it PUTS ME TO SLEEP.
wooptidoo! I shut down radar for what's already a desolate map.. stopped short a good opportunity to see an epic-sized fight.. if porking was used when necessary to stop rampant steamrolling, it'd be no problem, but it seems some players think any nearly even confrontation is already intolerable, and all it takes is one, maybe two; system flawed imo.

There's better 'big' maps, so it'd be just as well to put a tiny furball map, with bombing and porking and statistical and suiciding amenities on the side, maybe put tons of ack to make it truly perilous.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2003, 02:10:10 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2003, 02:26:44 PM »
Originally posted by AWMac
Geesh, never seen so much whining over a map.  Like if Steve doesn't fly during the Pizza map it'll hurt us all.  Dweeb, learn how to use the map instead of expecting the map to work for you.

Here's a hint for you Pizza Map cry babies...Try zooming the map in as far as possible...pick a route deep within the canyons and take a formation of Lancs to an enemy base staying in the canyons until the last minute. Then pop up and see how much damage you can do before returning home through the canyons.

Bet you even whine about flying at nite too..

Word of advice:  Get over it or find a new game to play... your consistant whining gets annoying.

AOL Keyword: STFU

:D

my 2 cents.
ROFL! Muhahahaha!! :rofl

Steve, sorry you are unhappy on pizza. I think of those long(er) flights to bases as an insurance against hordes/gangbangs/opportunist LA7 cherrypickers who upped from the base next door. Yes I could post more film of A-to-A combat from the last two evenings, but I've already posted plenty.

I don't think you should campaign for the withdrawal of maps you don't like. Look at it this way: I have to put up with the Children's maps, and the QWW/Cherrypickers' Paradise map two weeks out of every five, and you have to put up with Pizza and Big Isles two weeks out of every five. We are EVEN. Trinity is a sort of go-between.

For people to rant against maps they personally do not like puts themselves into the "Me First" category of selfish a-holes.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2003, 02:31:32 PM »
awmac... you have me confused with some imposter.   I don't believe yu will find me skillfully guiding a group of b17's with my mouse to kill a CV group.... defended or not.

lazs

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2003, 02:33:54 PM »
Cmon Laz,

The truth is out, your a Closet Strat guy.  lol

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2003, 02:38:10 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
awmac... you have me confused with some imposter.   I don't believe yu will find me skillfully guiding a group of b17's with my mouse to kill a CV group.... defended or not.

lazs

I think I can hear hell freezing over....

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2003, 02:47:07 PM »
Look the only problem I have with Pizza map is that It was made by a squad.
And I feel It has no buisness in the MA.
I am paying HTC not AK.
ALL MA maps sholud be made by HTC staff.
just my 2cents.

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2003, 02:48:43 PM »
What does it matter who made the map?

I don't get it?

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2003, 02:51:45 PM »
Black you must work for Microsoft lol.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2003, 03:02:52 PM »
Trinity and Big Isles have both demonstrated that maps dont have to be as bad as Pizza to be big. Pizza is just wrong. The sad thing is that it is so huge that it must have taken for ever to make a map that is so wrong.
And its no good for strat either.

Its just really no good.

And night is no good either but thats a different thread.

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2003, 03:24:40 PM »
It dont matter who made the map

What matters is the map sucks.

Its a large gangbang suicide dweebs wetdream of a map.

Well maybe who made it does influence that.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2003, 03:27:23 PM by Pooh21 »
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!