Author Topic: Pizza Map Sux  (Read 9822 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Pizza Map Sux
« on: December 09, 2003, 12:07:01 AM »
There simply cannot be enough threads about this, as long as it is anywhere in the rotation.  To save myself further aggravation, I will simply not play when the pizza map is on.  It sucks in so many different ways.  
I am grateful to those who spent their personal time to attempt a design of a new map... thank you.  However, HT and those who  designed it:  I implore you to acknowedge that the pizza map is not suitable for the MA.... and get rid of it.  I'm sure your next map, should there be one, will be fantastic due to what you learned in designing the first one.  

To those who say:  Well, design a map, Steve. I say:  I own 3 chevy's but hate the way the new Impalas look.  Chevy didn't ask me to design a new car.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2003, 12:31:53 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
WW KOTH map is the answer.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 12:16:01 AM »
I vote to swap quiche for pizza.

And before you say anything, yes there are strat targets for those so inclined to kamikaze into (an air spawn just above them would simplify things, though) outside the FFA rim, leaving the bowl portion free to have unlimited side switching, making it possible to avoid the ******* perk multiplier bonis.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 03:11:20 AM »
Stop whining, Steve! I've been on the last two nights and I had an excellent time. Last night Rooks were duking with Knights from 230 to 224. Hehe, they had the usual LA7/N1K wall up, but we kept smashing it down. In order to even things, I did not take a max überity Easymode™ plane along to the party; I flew a 109G2 all night. A good challenge - for me anyway. When the long green bardar began to attract the score padders, I left to do some V-base defence work - usually PNZR or field gun, or look for a CV that's under attack to try and save it. Lots of variety on the pizza map. AND... Nowhere near the amount of hording you see on other maps I could mention, and no 25% fuel porks.

I couldn't vulch at 224 - and wouldn't want to anyway because of GVs on the base, so I flew low at speed clearing sixes. The 109G planes are wonderful for following cons up. When they start to lose E, the 109G2 would just keep on going. The other kills I got were often where the guy's A.D.D. had cut in because of not having pulled his trigger for 30 seconds.

Seems like most map whiners want maps on which they can gain an advantage very quickly without having to work for it.

Do not get rid of pizza just because of threads like this. A popup poll asking people to name their favourite map is the only fair way.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2003, 07:06:56 AM »
MORE FURBALL
LESS DRONING
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2003, 07:29:53 AM »
Furball is such a small part of online play that people that engage in the practice (to the exclusion of all else) should be ignored altogether. Fortunately, the twelve hours most of these guys put into flying have about as much affect on the game as a Chinese Fire Alarm has on a blind date.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2003, 07:47:42 AM »
:rofl

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2003, 08:02:38 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Stop whining

:rofl If you were to take your own advice Beetle you would be speechless.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2003, 08:56:57 AM by aztec »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 08:29:08 AM »
As members of the AH community we would be shirking our duty to not bring out a "pizza map sux" thread at least on a weekly basis...  

The sad part is that it could be fixed so easily... Fester could fix it in an afternoons free time I bet.

As proof that pizza sux (for the new guys)....

both metavoss and beetle like it!

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2003, 09:24:34 AM »
nothing wrong with the pizza map, as long as there is at least 150 players.  Other wise its difficult to find a decent theatre.
  I usually use this time as practice for my bomb dropping.  (milkrun).

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2003, 09:46:15 AM »
Originally posted by MetaTron
Furball is such a small part of online play that people that engage in the practice (to the exclusion of all else) should be ignored altogether. Fortunately, the twelve hours most of these guys put into flying have about as much affect on the game as a Chinese Fire Alarm has on a blind date.

omg what a joke! am i reading this right?? is this dolt saying that furballing is of no matter in AH?? He cant be saying this!?!?! If so dude, what do you think folks did before bombs were introduced?? What do you think this ENTIRE game was founded on?? Which came first in this game, the bomber or fighter???? Before bombs, online players flew around merely hurling fowl language at one another....

Furballers are the 'core' of the game.... its 'what' the game was built around...  Next time you think furballers are of no matter, let me know... I'll bring a few muppets w/ me and in 12mins will debunk your entire 12hr auguement... 8)

non-furballers are the 'secondary' crowd HTC has attempted to attract with the additions of bombs, strat, and the likes... The core has always been fighers..............

I usually have the ability to kill on any map, pizza too... but the PIZZA map BLOWS! too far to fly, too few bases......  I think my biggest problem w/ the map is it's color...  change it to green or some other not-so-bright color and I think I would shutup about
it...  I dont care about the alts as the P38 dominates at any alt.. 8)

k
AoM
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2003, 10:05:47 AM »
Kap....remember who you are talkin to here. Voss has a limited skillset...bombers, GV's and ship guns are his domain. A fighter usually requires one to actually fight, although I'm sure he has found a way castrate those as well.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2003, 10:13:26 AM »
lol Rude.. I didnt realize.. its ok though, I had subway for lunch.. 8)

k
AoM
- TWBYDHAS

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2003, 10:24:46 AM »
Ahhh, so meta is voss. That explains a few things. Oh, and the pizza map most definitely DOES suck.
Army of Muppets

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2003, 10:51:25 AM »
If you dolts managed to put as much time into the MA as you do the BBS you would know I don't have trouble finding fights. The last time I checked the game involved six categories and fighter was only one. It doesnt matter how the game started out it is a work in progress. Stop living in the past.

Feel free to conduct an online poll as to the removal of AKDessert. I know for a fact you would be outvoted. Since it rolled in the fights have been common and easy to find. So what if some of it has been gv related. If you dont like it go back to your easybake oven!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2003, 01:38:07 PM by MetaTron »

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Pizza Map Sux
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2003, 11:10:10 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
Kap....remember who you are talkin to here. Voss has a limited skillset...bombers, GV's and ship guns are his domain. A fighter usually requires one to actually fight, although I'm sure he has found a way castrate those as well.

Oh brother.

I fly both fighters and bombers.  I dont recall the bomber folks castrating the fighter guys.  Yet, when I'm buffing, due to the successful whines of Lazs, my bomber has been made much more ineffective.

Per the map...I like the fact there are some high fields for the buffs to have a altitude head start.  I have been having fun sinking fleets in the Lanc...like the poor knits who thought having 2 fleets veer into each other was a safe move...2 CVs sunk in one pass  :p