Author Topic: How to get a high rank  (Read 28172 times)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
How to get a high rank
« Reply #195 on: January 08, 2004, 01:52:48 AM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying

But that would indicate a lack of local air superiority.  :)
[/B]

Believe me, I cant count the number of times Ive watched the CV hunting bomber packs make an unfettered drop, while all the 20 friendlies could do is look up and watch it happen.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #196 on: January 08, 2004, 01:53:29 AM »
200!

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2004, 01:54:23 AM »
Originally posted by Murdr
Believe me, I cant count the number of times Ive watched the CV hunting bomber packs make an unfettered drop, while all the 20 friendlies could do is look up and watch it happen.

Ah, the illusion of local air superiority.  Lamers!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2004, 02:00:00 AM »
Had to do some reading to catch up still havnt caught up.. Seems like a very educated thread tho. :D

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2004, 02:04:44 AM »
The best part is toward the end where there is a suptle jab at akaks flying habits.
(sorry, hope that wasnt a spoiler if you hadnt finished the novel yet):)

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #200 on: January 08, 2004, 02:11:18 AM »
lol bastard, still reading. But im so far in i can't turn back. Ya dam post hores.

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #201 on: January 08, 2004, 02:51:27 AM »
final read this dam novel. hehe only part that made me laugh was your post murdr
Dang, I thought he was going follow that sentence with something like... he used to crawl up real high on the jungle gym and jump on some unsuspecting kindergartener. Or when there was a playground fight he would kidney punch the one that had their back turned.
[/B]

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Re: Rank means bugger all.
« Reply #202 on: January 08, 2004, 04:05:00 AM »
Originally posted by Murdr
It is what? Week 1 of the tour?  Paraphrasing a NASCAR related quote...Nobody ever remembers who led lap 1, or at the half-way point.  Everybody remembers who led the lap when the checkered flag waved.
Point taken, but I just checked his stats for the last complete tour (Tour 47) and he finished in the top 100 fighter ranks, and finished in the top 50 overall.

I've been focussing on the CT lately - only have 12 minutes logged in the MA this tour. I had been trying to interpret the MA scores yet another way. And that is to locate a player whose fighter rank was better than mine and who did not fly the Easymode/Big Three subset of P51/LA7/Spit ix, because I never do. And what did I find? I couldn't find a single pilot who ranked higher than me who didn't fly one, two, or all three of those planes. The process was tedious, with each player's score having to be checked individually. So after a few random checks, I started to look at every tenth player, ie. rankings #10, #20, #30 etc. all the way up to #100. (I was #103 at that time) Couldn't find a single one.

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #203 on: January 08, 2004, 04:13:28 AM »
try me

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
PS
« Reply #204 on: January 08, 2004, 04:15:47 AM »
Just checked all top 10 fighter pilots' scores at the end of tour 47, looking for one who never ever flew the Big Three. There isn't a single one. But not only that, about half of those surveyed got most of their kills in a Big Three plane.

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #205 on: January 08, 2004, 04:24:45 AM »
think most of mine were in P38 then again didnt play as much as I used to last tour. Ohh well.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #206 on: January 08, 2004, 04:36:02 AM »
Xtrm - you flew both P51B and P51D in tour 47.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #207 on: January 08, 2004, 08:06:48 AM »
Not sure how you would score a golf game where some were useing all the latest and greatest equipment and otheres had to use hockey sticks or baseball bats and tennis balls.

score and rank don't mean anything except ones comprehension of all the nuances of the game and the willingness to game those nuances..

stats on the other hand.... are very excellent indicators for the person making them.   HTC has the best stats going..  trouble comes from trying to make a score out of em when everyone is doing so many completely different things.

lazs

Offline T1loady

• Copper Member
Slap Shot,
« Reply #208 on: January 08, 2004, 08:37:14 AM »
I saw Steve last night in the MA and he explained it to me,  I guess I was showing my age... LOL   Sorry I got my pannies in WAD..   (S)

Offline Load

• Zinc Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #209 on: January 08, 2004, 09:11:21 AM »
How to get a high rank?

You need being skilled. How much?? I dunno But you need it.

How do you know skill level of opponent? The amount of work you need to work to kill him. Any unskilled pilot can kill you anytime. But you need to work very hard to kill a skilled pilot.

The questions for me are:

1. Are high ranking pilots hard to being killed? Kappa and Taki yes...rest are rooks.

2. Are the hardest pilots at top 10? Negative. Dweeb Furball ;) and Greebo are a joy to fight against. It is very hard to kill them...sometimes even impossible.

Also you can see lot of "Nice kill (S)" in channel 1 to pilots who they arent ranking

Salute

KOSK