Author Topic: Tank town  (Read 4014 times)

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
Tank town
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2004, 08:20:00 PM »
Ahhhhhhh... my favorite whine  =o)

Isn't it funny how each time a person complains about some stupid thing another player does it's a whine. No counter argument, no reasoning... just tag it a whine and dismiss it. Well, the junk some morons and trouble makers do in Tank Town deserve these whines and more. After all, there's no reason under the sun that they should be there other than to cause trouble.

Planes bombing GVs in Tank Town is bad enough, but destroying or capturing the enemy's VHs is beyond stupid. The whole idea is to have an enemy to shoot at. No enemy = no shooting = no fun. And though you can beat an enemy by destroying his VH, what have you accompished? Not only have you wrecked your own fun, you are depriving other players of their enjoyment. To me this is mean, selfish, and stupid. There is no reason for doing these things other than distructive meaness.

Yes, all have the choice of playing as they wish. But when it comes to disrupting the enjoyment of others, just to get your kicks, that's going too far and the community should not put up with it. So I suggest that when it happens, everyone should get on channel one and let them know what you think... as many times as you can. Being repeatedly called a moron and an idiot in public should soon shame some of these jerks into behaving at least half decent. But then, some are likely too stupid to be shamed.

And no, we can't stop this type of thing, for there will always be a jerk wandering around. But we might be able to minimize such behavior. Then when a team gets near to resetting the arena, he can take Tank Town with our blessings... I'll even help.

Remember folks, they'll call it whining, but only because they don't have an excuse for being a jerk. Give 'em hell >=o|

grizzly

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
Tank town
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2004, 08:24:23 PM »
well grizzly, as much fun as TT can be, they *do* have to be taken to "win the war."  and it's not impossible to re-take them if you still have a fringe VH up to get back into TT with. or run a mission with your fellow TT gearheads using planes to accomplish that.

TT is almost no different than the center bases on ndisles in the way people congregate there for their kind of fun to the dismay of the war weenies.

people are as people do. it's not gonna change. NB, however, has indicated he's considered the issue and it's hopefully addressed with his map update when AH2 rolls out.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
Tank town
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2004, 11:05:51 PM »
Yeah, I wouldn't want to stop someone from having fun by shooting them down, capturing their field, or egging their GV.

Hell with that, yes I do!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Tank town
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2004, 11:27:04 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
Just make a tank arena with no planes for you guys, sick of the whining when this map is on.

Please do, these dorks forget that MANY A TANK were BOMBED in WWII.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Tank town
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2004, 02:35:13 PM »
Originally posted by kj714
Who the heck is Lazs?

That probably gives away my noobness to the boards, huh?

Do a search on the BB's for post by Lazs. :)

...and yes...it does :).

BTW, the point of the high mountains around TT is to make it a pain to bring a plane there...not to make it impossible :).
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Grizzly

• Nickel Member
Tank town
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2004, 02:40:37 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Please do, these dorks forget that MANY A TANK were BOMBED in WWII.

Karaya

It's big arena, full of places where you can bomb tanks ala WWII. Tank Town is a diversion from the rest of the arena, where a person can take a break and just do some tank battle. Bombing tanks, or worse, detroying a VH deprives others of this diversion. By insisting you have a right to do these things while ignoring how it hurts others is selfish and inconsiderate. Doing these things because you want to hurt others is just plain mean.

When the arena gets down to where it may be reset, you would be welcome to capture Tank Town. So there is no excuse, and calling us whiners and dorks shows the character of those who insist on ruining others' fun... like a bully on the playground who grabs the ball and runs away.

grizzly

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
Tank town
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2004, 03:24:36 PM »
Diversion? You seek diversion in the same arena, but insist that you not be interfered with? Sorry, but that sounds a bit unreasonable, and ridiculous. In fact, it's comical, childish and now I expect you'll break into a tantrum.

Yes, you're whining.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Tank town
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2004, 03:47:58 PM »
Originally posted by MetaTron
Diversion? You seek diversion in the same arena, but insist that you not be interfered with? Sorry, but that sounds a bit unreasonable, and ridiculous. In fact, it's comical, childish and now I expect you'll break into a tantrum.

Yes, you're whining.

Very tactful ...  :rolleyes:
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Tank town
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2004, 04:25:13 PM »
atop his mighty mole hill lop off his head I will.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline IHham

• Zinc Member
Tank town
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2004, 05:57:52 PM »
Whats the big deal, If tanktown was supposed to be completely fighter free, the mountains would be 40k

For me, tanktown is just target righ when im in a GV, and target rich when im in a plane.

I'm fine as long as the planes don't destroy all the buildings. After all, then it would have to be called tank-rubble.

Offline MetaTron

• Silver Member
Tank town
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2004, 06:46:32 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Very tactful ...  :rolleyes:

Tact? That's funny, especially from the "fly my way or shutup" dolts.

Offline SoulzofAW3

• Zinc Member
Tank town
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2004, 08:05:36 PM »
screw tank town....I say we level it and put a hotel there.  That way, me and the "base under attack" lady won't have to travel all the way back to HQ to do a lil dogfighting of our own.:D

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Tank town
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2004, 11:22:34 PM »
Originally posted by Grizzly
It's big arena, full of places where you can bomb tanks ala WWII. Tank Town is a diversion from the rest of the arena, where a person can take a break and just do some tank battle. Bombing tanks, or worse, detroying a VH deprives others of this diversion. By insisting you have a right to do these things while ignoring how it hurts others is selfish and inconsiderate. Doing these things because you want to hurt others is just plain mean.

When the arena gets down to where it may be reset, you would be welcome to capture Tank Town. So there is no excuse, and calling us whiners and dorks shows the character of those who insist on ruining others' fun... like a bully on the playground who grabs the ball and runs away.

grizzly

Ok, Let's stop the gv's from taking Airfields, until that happens, stop B****ing.  But we all know the answer to that, don't we class?  And yeah, all TT whiners are dorks.  

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Tank town
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2004, 11:26:26 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Ok, Let's stop the gv's from taking Airfields, until that happens, stop *****ing.  But we all know the answer to that, don't we class?  And yeah, all TT whiners are dorks.  

Karaya

Oh puleez...none of the bananas flying buffs and hauling bombs into TT are doing it to "stop gv's from taking Airfields..". They do it because it's fun to drop the Baby Ruth bar in the dam pool and run to the life guard yelling, "THERE'S A TERD IN THE POOL!!". The only thing those bases can spawn to is another gv field.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Tank town
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2004, 11:41:53 PM »
Originally posted by Grizzly
insist on ruining others' fun... like a bully on the playground who grabs the ball and runs away.

grizzly

Did you miss the memo? Online games are all about ruining someone else's fun.

I can't tell you how many times I saddled up someone in my trusty C202 and started gnawing off their elevators when some big playground bully like..say... SlapShot comes along with his big cannons and grabs the ball and runs away laughing.

I'm in counseling right now about injustices like these.

Really.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!