Author Topic: Small maps and rooks = DOS  (Read 9499 times)

Offline Sadist

• Zinc Member
Small maps and rooks = DOS
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2004, 09:49:08 AM »
the #s didnt bother me til those with that advantage had to start talkin crap to others , boasting just being basic aholes.

if we had numbers like that we'd be steam rollin also so #s isnt an issue as much as arrogance.

how ever i do think game should be set up to allow only a certain advantage, when that point is reached then either limit game login availability or force the extras to join other side with least #s.

i say this for all sides.  and i know it doesnt sound fair or worth the cost of game etc.

but its does get rediculous you all have to agree

Sadist
Sadist

The Player You Are.
The Smoker You Get

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2004, 10:25:04 AM »
Agree with Hajo on this one. Got 14 kills in 3 runs and never broke a sweat. Thanks rookies. ;)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2004, 10:41:19 AM »
Yep, landed 7 in an F4F-4 without a rearm.

Thanks Rooks!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline RedDg

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2004, 10:57:01 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
I was at roughly 25k for the Knights while guarding over 51.  

I turned to go to 53 to help defend them.

On the way there I ran across something wierd.

a 60+ person rook mission.  40-50 of them were b26's in a tight formation.

Most fun I've had since I came back to AH.  Got 9 of those B-26s and a poor Tempest:D  Nothing like hi-alt jug patrols and 3400 rounds of goodness.

Can't wait for next RJO!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2004, 06:50:12 PM by RedDg »

Offline 11dano11

• Zinc Member
      • http://danodesign.net
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2004, 11:20:54 AM »
DoctorYo  --"payback for combined Bish Knit cowardice when they had their glory days of 150 150 vs 50..."--

When was that, Doc?  And by your definition, that makes Sunday nights Rook horde debacle cowardice, doesn't it.

--"now the tables turn for only one day and the naysayers come out of the wood work..."--

You mean one day a week, every week for the last six months.  Sunday used to be our Squad Nite.  We've pretty much given that up.  There's nothing we can possibly do, so what's the point.DoctorYo

Offline Monty405

• Copper Member
      • http://www3.sympatico.ca/carol.haynes/
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2004, 11:38:17 AM »
if only fuel burn wasnt so high in the MA

Offline Gatr

• Copper Member
Hummmm
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2004, 12:59:13 PM »
Sheese fellas..
I had a good time....
I was a little overwhelmed by 320 +Rooks on at once...
Nice RJO turn out...
The best I guess I ever saw...
Thanks Rooks it was fun
Gatr
81st

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2004, 01:04:49 PM »
The small maps suffer from fields too far apart as well.  They should add some more fields and move them closer together.  Every freaking field is at least a sector flight.  That sucks, and when the horde starts that sucks even more.

It was targer rich, I just wish I didn't have to fly so far to reach them.

Offline Kegger26

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2004, 01:15:40 PM »
I think maybe if Bish and Knits got more organzied we wouldnt be hearing all the crying taking place here.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2004, 01:23:13 PM »
I think maybe if Bish and Knits got more organzied we wouldnt be hearing all the crying taking place here.

Let the flaming begin lol.

More organised how?  Getting more than 300 people on for a reset.  WTF cares!  Resets are a waste of time and take no more than having more people on at one time than any other country.

I love being outnumbered, I hate flying 5 mins to get there.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2004, 02:35:52 PM »
putting the fields closer together would fix it.

lazs

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2004, 02:43:39 PM »
I can hear the horde straters already - "but then our horde would be less effective." lolh!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2004, 02:45:00 PM »
This is a great thread for you Lazs, perhaps the best place and proof positive  about your "Number=reset" posits.

Several people are piping in about how they dominated  in their own little part of the map.  Yet, in spite of these heroic deeds, the rooks still won the day.  I'm amazed, with all these prolific killers stalking the skies for them, that the rooks still managed to pull it off.
I switched sides to nits(for me, being part of the steamrolling horde holds no appeal) and didn't get to witness any of these fell deeds first hand.  All I managed to see were hopelessly outnumbered, albeit very game, knights.  We all went down fighting, but we went down.

Hats off to the FB's.  Hopelessly outnumbered and getting mercilessly vulched, they were trying to organize and take bases in order to keep the nits alive...now that was heroic.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline dracon

• Nickel Member
      • http://myweb.cableone.net/decon14/
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2004, 03:14:36 PM »
Ahhhhh........Great Thread.  As the XO of the 339th, a Rook P-51D squad.  I was very glad to hear that so many others (Knit Bish) had a great time!

You can be sure that kicking butt was fun on the Rook side of the pond.  Vox & Type was full of giggles and well-dones!

The Knits and Bish should try it!!  What would be wrong with a KJO or even a....BJO??  Oops!  Maybe we can't say that on this board :)

JK guys.  W/O you we wouldn't have anyone to fight!

For those who stayed and fought heroically for their countries and to those that changed countries to keep the battle raging, a huge

To those (Rooks, Knits, & Bish) that taunted on channel 1 and to those that logged in disgust........Well what can be said.

RJO's & Rooks - Rock!!

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2004, 03:20:05 PM »
You can be sure that kicking butt was fun on the Rook side of the pond.

LOL - Does it really take 2 to 1 odds for the Rooks to kick but.

The Knits and Bish should try it!! What would be wrong with a KJO or even a....BJO??

Personally I hate when the knights have the greater numbers.  I can't stand fighting my own countrymen for kills.  I like when the countries are close in numbers.  The furballs are better and the over all gameplay is better.  But most people need the horde to survive.