Author Topic: 3 Years in Jail  (Read 2034 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2004, 05:52:47 AM »
Nuke, if it was "a few years ago" it isn't the same case.  I spoke to the guys wife and it looks like the sentance may get reduced to a year and a a half, which wil be up in November, so he hasn't been in a year yet.  Assuming he has not caused any trouble while inside he may even get out sooner on parole.

MiniD, the whole story is made up, okay?  You are right...nothing to read here, just move along.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2004, 06:02:28 AM »
Hey Fishu I know the feeling!

Besides I did the same mistake a few years ago during a discussion with other shooters... my rear end still stings at the recollection ;)
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2004, 08:50:45 AM »
"...Which is why we should expand our helmet laws to make it illegal to be in public without a helmet. Who knows when a stray round, a meteror, or a frog won't smack us in the head, killing us? "

And you don't think finestein, boxer or your mom won't get around to this eventually?   After all... if it saves just onme life.

a 250 grain bullet such as a 44 or 45 Colt is about half an ounce.

curval... I don't think you made it up.... I think your friend made most of it up.   Like mini di... I don't know what your point is.  

lazs

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2004, 09:00:13 AM »
No point...I had questions that were answered well, and with decency, by Tarmac.  No accusations of people lying and no "surprises".

I'm sure my friend made all of it up, but I can't reach him currently except by snail mail to check out the details...the correctional facility does not allow any other form of communication.  

:rolleyes:
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Re: 3 Years in Jail
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2004, 09:11:02 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
... he noticed a Verizon van parked out of the front of his home and there were 2 or 3 guys wandering around his property.  He went out and asked to see their IDs..which they had...but they were not Verizon IDs..something else.  Anyway, he asked them to leave.  They refused and started to get very threatening with them.  ....

Why, just the other day a couple of buddies and me decided to have some fun during lunch so we jacked a company panel van and drove around a local neighborhood.  We found some hardhats in the back of the van and there was a ladder strapped to the roof, so we stopped at a nice-looking house, put on the hard hats, and dragged the ladder around the yard, making sure to carve up the ChemLawn grass real good and trample all over the flower beds.  When the guy came out to see what was going on, we told him "Just checking the lines, sir". He demanded to see our IDs, but we told him "IDs? We don't need no stinkin' IDs!" and just kept wandering around aimlessly. Then, he went inside and grabbed an elephant gun with a pistol grip.  I mean, that thing was HUGE! So, fortunately for us I found some business cards laying on the dash of the van so I told him that those were our company IDs and that our names really were the same because we were brothers; you know, like how George Foreman named all his kids "George".  But the guy wasn't buying it and he became really irritated and started shouting obscenities.

Right about then we noticed the neighbors looking around so we called the cops on the guy.  When the cops showed up, we gave a quick statement about how the guy had a meth lab going in the kitchen and we got out of there.

I'm posting this on the Internet, so it must be true! :p

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2004, 09:13:55 AM »
No offence to Tarmac or anyone here but.... can someone print delawares laws on firearms on private property?

lazs

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2004, 09:19:39 AM »
Gofaster...I understand the attempt at humour, but this wasn't a post on the internet, it was a friend telling me the story over the phone BEFORE his court appearance in which he was convicted and sentanced.

Also, I've noticed an error in my first post:

"They refused and started to get very threatening with them. .... "

should read

They refused and started to get very threatening with him. ....

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2004, 09:49:30 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
Gofaster...I understand the attempt at humour, but this wasn't a post on the internet,...

No, no. you misunderstood.  I'm posting my story on the Internet. ;)

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2004, 10:32:15 AM »
Imagine you're a contracter for Verizon, you're trying to locate some buried cables. You're checking out a property, then the owner gets home. You try and explain what you're doing but he gets ****ty at you. You need to do your job because theres a major outage somewhere so you keep looking. Next thing the guy comes storming out of his house with a big bellybutton gun. What do you do?

you get off his property, call into your HQ and tell them to get in contact with the property owner and work it out with him, or scedual a time when he will allow access to his property.

if I'm at work and my forman tells me to go onto someone elses property and the owner is there telling me to leave, I leave.  he doesn't even need a gun.

Offline myelo

• Silver Member
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2004, 10:34:24 AM »
Originally posted by deSelys
Bullet weight is not in grams but in grains. I don't know the exact conversion but 115 grains is only a few grams. Can a gun expert give us the real measure pls?

I don't know jack about guns. But 1 gram is about 15.5 grains. So 115 grains is about 7.5 grams.
myelo
Bastard coated bastard, with a creamy bastard filling

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2004, 12:51:35 PM »
Go here for weight and volume conversions:

http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/weight

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2004, 05:23:17 PM »
Bullets go point first only when stabilized by the spinning effected on them by the rifling in the barrel, when they peter out they stop spinning and tumble. A tumbling bullet will not be very aerodynamic and will not fall with any great speed or energy. Or do you still think a penny droped off the Empire State Building if landing on edge will go through a car roof?

It takes 7000 gr. to make a pound so a 115gr bullet is fairly light.

Never say never, but show me proof of all this carnage from falling bullets. What’s next bird crap can render you unconscious?

Now firing a weapon up in the air is not the smartest thing to do but guys arrows are much deadlier and where are the laws for them?

(arrows always come down sharp end first)

more antigun stuff that’s all

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2004, 05:42:54 PM »
Scooter, you didn't read the posts.  There is documented proof that people have died from falling bullets?  Unless you are a person who refuses to admit when they are incorrect, I don't know what else you need.  Did you not read the posts?

edit:  I'm anything but anti-gun btw, I carry concealed and have a gun in all my vehicles (3)    (no kids)
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2004, 05:51:10 PM »
Curval... take a pill.

Nobody said anything about lieing.

It's about details.  "Someone goes out in a yard with their gun" is not a reason to go to prison for some time.  Any supposition as to why that is will be vague at best.

There's some decent explanations under certain circumstances... but it's rare that those circumstances occur.  That's why there is a jury that listens to the case and makes a judgement based on law.

I have a tendancy to say if you want to know why this person went to jail for three years, you should see if you can get ahold of the court transcript (if one is available).  That will have something a little closer to a more complete set of facts or perspectives from both sides of the argument.

Asking here is going to simply get you oppinions based on incomplete sets of data that really may or may not be relevant.

MiniD

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
3 Years in Jail
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2004, 06:46:29 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Scooter, you didn't read the posts.  There is documented proof that people have died from falling bullets?  Unless you are a person who refuses to admit when they are incorrect, I don't know what else you need.  Did you not read the posts?

edit:  I'm anything but anti-gun btw, I carry concealed and have a gun in all my vehicles (3)    (no kids)

This is from the sites listed as proof ...

Celebratory bullets fired by Iraqis into sky coming down on U.S. troops
Stars and Stripes ^ | European edition, Sunday, August 17, 2003 | Scott Schonauer

Posted on 08/17/2003 3:47:35 PM PDT by demlosers

BAGHDAD, Iraq — Army Spc. Christiansen Cory was talking with another soldier when he felt something smack his forearm.

“We were standing around and heard a pssssst,” he said. “It felt just like a big rock had been thrown at me.”

But when Cory looked down, he discovered it wasn’t a rock that hit him. At his feet was a bullet from a Kalashnikov rifle. It was still warm.

The round likely came from an Iraqi who fired it into the air in celebration of a wedding, the birth of a child, or, for nothing in particular.

Every day, sometimes several times an hour, an Iraqi somewhere in the capital is shooting his rifle into the sky because he is happy about something. It is Iraqis’ version of a party noisemaker.

The only problem is, what goes up must come down. And sometimes the bullets they fire into the air fall and hit people.

Cory, a paratrooper with the 82nd Airborne Division, was lucky. The bullet left only a welt that disappeared in a few days.

But for another soldier, a similar incident proved deadly.

Spc. James I. Lambert III, 22, of Raleigh, N.C. — assigned to the 1st Armored Division — was killed on July 31 in Baghdad when a stray bullet fired by a celebrating Iraqi struck him.

Lambert was standing outside around 7:30 p.m. when fate and the bullet suddenly hit him square in the head. He was evacuated to the 28th Combat Support Hospital where he later died of the wound, the Army reported.

I would like to know what kind of round hit him, a .50BMG round weights 750 gr. not the kind of thing you see everyday. I spoke of shoulder and hand weapons the kind most likely see fired in the air for a party.

and from the other proof

On Jan. 1, 1997, a pregnant Tucson woman was struck in the abdomen by a falling bullet. Both she and her baby survived.

Please show me the all the deaths,  I never claimed it would not hurt and I said never say never.

Yes I can read,    please do the same
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 06:51:40 PM by Scootter »