Author Topic: WWII Online  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
WWII Online
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2004, 02:06:43 PM »
What I don't get is why all the folks that are tired of AH and move on just won't stay gone.  

Why the need to come back here with the recruiting-advertising posts?  Do you miss the AH folks or is it a need to show that you have "moved on"?

ps.  tanks are teh ghey.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
WWII Online
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2004, 02:06:49 PM »
Till then, maybe you could try letting the game stand on it's own merrits without having to get a dig in at this one to try to make a point.

MiniD, in case you didn't know this,  I've put in more time and effort to help improve AH in the past three years than 99% of the rest of the customer base, including you. I was a CM for over two years, and spent one of those years as head CM. If you ever participate in any of the special events, then you have participated in something that I spent a great deal of time and effort to help create.

I responded to a question that the original thread starter asked, and in doing so pointed out some uncomfortable truths about AH,  as I see them. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, not least of all, you.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
WWII Online
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2004, 02:11:45 PM »
Where did I say I didn't agree with them banana?  Please show me.

Now, tell me where they fit into an evaluation of WW2OL again?  Is there really a need for the rhetoric here?

Personally, I don't give a flying **** what you do or don't think you've done more of for AH.  It doesn't make what you said any more or less relevant.  And, it doesn't dismiss the fact that it's the first thing the usual crowd comes in and grabs ahold of.

MiniD

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
WWII Online
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2004, 02:31:44 PM »
Well after an email late last year from "Rafter" I decided to give it a try again...BUT gee my CD Key wouldn't work and neither would the login and password from my old account that I had from before "Beta Release" (as I call it). Funny thing was that it worked earlier last year but I couldn't get into it during December. Did you know that if you click on the "HELP" link in from the map page for the game you get what might be ten seconds to read the page that says....basically we aren't going to give you phone support.

Oh well I am over and done with that. From my experience in it I still like the ground only aspect when I played it. I can't stand the way that the FM is/was handled; especially when I read back in the early days that the FM was banged out and "completed" within something like 90-100 days and wasn't a factor in the rest of the game. Now that was a post from way back in time and since I am not a current subscriber I can't look it up because I can't even see the board without paying for it. I have several buddies who left both AH and FA and are playing over there; however I just wish they were able to put in things like the other theaters that were promised 3 years ago...but I also understand that they have to add things while fixing things that should have worked at the beginning.

If they ever get to a Pacific Theater then maybe they will be forced to rebuild the FM and make a decent flight aspect to the game.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
WWII Online
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2004, 02:35:02 PM »
Comon banana, don't go fan boy on us...

For the most part banana is right. But WW2OL is full of bugs, and feature announcement to implementation time frames are not as rosey as they make out. I could bleat about the problems for pages and pages, and IMHO WW2OL really shows off the skills of the team at HTC. But you really should try the game yourself to decide if its for you or not. That is the ONLY way that works.

The most common thing I hear on Teamspeak in WW2OL is "if it wasn't for you guys I would have quit". This says a lot, on the one hand people find the bugs very frustrating, on the other hand people really enjoy the environment especially when played with a squad.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
WWII Online
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2004, 03:13:22 PM »
MiniD the only thing there was to figure out was.....

Westy

Mini D

IMO there lies the "great secret" as to why a topic (such as this
or any other) will get a response.  

Furious? Players such as myself post here (I also post on AGW and the WWIIO boards0) because AH-II/TOD is still interesting. And I'm not shilling another venue as Tardcase/NoAce would.  I'm just adding my .02 to show where I agree with a poster and something he/she has said.  If you mean to include me with "those people" then all I could do is to suggest you use the vBB squelch feature to quickly shield your eyes from the few posts that I make anymore.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 03:38:28 PM by Westy »

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
WWII Online
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2004, 03:31:33 PM »
What I find sad is...

We are all in AH because we have a love for Warbirds. Especially certain members of my squad I've known for awhile. And now my squad is talking about shutting the door for infantry combat.  I hope AH2 brings em back.

And ya I couldn't get over how terrible WWIIOL looked. Worse than the beta release of DOD. So then I decided to fly... took me four nights to finally find a plane to fly. Then I fly endlessly to find a fight that isn't there. That did it for me. I'll stick to AH for now. Might try it again if they really do this revamp I keep hearing about.

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
WWII Online
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2004, 03:39:32 PM »
Ignore you and miss out on all the goofy fun, never.

You are unhappy with HT's product, and mention it at every opportunity.  Why?

Why not just make the one grand "HT did not treat me with the proper amount of deference and respect that I so greatly deserved" post and be gone?

This is a company run BBS for a game you do not play nor like.  Why are you here?  To spread your misery?  Attention?

I don't get it, but enjoy watching it.

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
WWII Online
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2004, 03:55:00 PM »
Furious, you write scripts for daytime soap operas for a living don't you!?

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
WWII Online
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2004, 04:05:44 PM »
Yes, but only for mexican tv.

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
WWII Online
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2004, 04:32:40 PM »
ww2ol point blank refuses to work on my system ever since thegraphics changed to openGL.  I've made couple of threads in help forum, got one reply (considering how many people play ww2ol i was some what surprised).  Tried installing dif vid drivers + dx to no avail.

Just wanted to see how it has improved. Well i still have AH.:)
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
WWII Online
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2004, 05:17:40 PM »
banana, send me an email. Do you use roger wilco? I would like to try the game again.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
WWII Online
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2004, 05:54:07 PM »
"Yes, but only for mexican tv."

Aha!  

Any chance to put a plug in for more gloss and less clothing? ;)

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
WWII Online
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2004, 07:13:24 PM »
I never got online to try it.  I was practicing offline and I get an e-mail telling me my two week were up.  I never even sign online once!!

I wrote them an e-mail but no response.  I am not going to signup and pay for something I never tried!  Their customer service  is serious lacking IMHO.  They did not even have the courtsey to acknowledge an e-mail from a potential customer.

Apparently they have enough customers where one person doesn't matter.  I'll spend my money elsewhere!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
WWII Online
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2004, 10:33:18 PM »
Originally posted by Westy
MiniD the only thing there was to figure out was.....

Westy

Mini D

IMO there lies the "great secret" as to why a topic (such as this
or any other) will get a response.  
Odd... given those ratios... why is it you've posted as much or more in this thread than I?

MiniD

P.S. Why don't you compare my ratio of posts over at WW2OL to yours while you're at it westy.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 10:39:11 PM by Mini D »