Author Topic: WWII Online  (Read 2170 times)

Offline wklink

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.simhq.com
WWII Online
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2004, 06:42:39 AM »
Originally posted by SunKing
What I find sad is...

We are all in AH because we have a love for Warbirds. Especially certain members of my squad I've known for awhile. And now my squad is talking about shutting the door for infantry combat.  I hope AH2 brings em back.

And ya I couldn't get over how terrible WWIIOL looked. Worse than the beta release of DOD. So then I decided to fly... took me four nights to finally find a plane to fly. Then I fly endlessly to find a fight that isn't there. That did it for me. I'll stick to AH for now. Might try it again if they really do this revamp I keep hearing about.

Sun I don't think we will die as an AH squad, although James may not stick around in it, that's up to him.  

I think the problem with Aces High is that many of us have literally become saturated with the concept.  I have been playing this 'type' of combat flight simulation since 1997 (first AW, then WB, now AH) and the fly to the enemy, shoot at the enemy, fly home game that Aces High is now is essentially the same game that I played in 1997 when I logged on to Air Warrior for the first time.  This is not totally bad but computers are finally getting to the point now where a full blown area at war can now be modeled.  

I understand why AH has stagnated.  To devote time and energy to AH while trying to develop AHII is counterproductive and would hurt HTC in the long run.  I have high hopes for AHII, while some people may not be massively interested in the TOD I think some kind of freshness needs to be introduced into the game or it will go the way of air warrior.  

I still don't think that you can't enjoy both games, as long as you have the money;)   I enjoy WW2OL but I do want to fly something other than early war fighters or bombers.  Aces High, especially the organized events, are the way I can do that and still feel like I am in something approximating genuine 1940's reality.
The artist formerly known as Tom 'Wklink' Cofield

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
WWII Online
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2004, 06:58:26 AM »
Can anyone explain to me why they dont show the number of people that are online at the same time?

Im baffled by this....
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
WWII Online
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2004, 09:55:35 AM »
"Odd... given those ratios... why is it you've posted as much or more in this thread than I? "

It's that basic "quality" over "quantity" thing Mini D.  
 But basically I respond because you reply. Some call that type of thing "conversation" or a "dicsussion"

"P.S. Why don't you compare my ratio of posts over at WW2OL to yours while you're at it westy."

No idea where or how to find it nor am I interested. I posted those stats to answer your question as to why people reply.  Sais stats were used by me to subtley show it's cause some, like you, are a posting "ho".  

But once againto be clear and I imagine if I repeat it enough you may "hear" it.

I've not been a proponant of any game over another in this topic. I simply agree wholeheartedly that AH has gone very stale from the lack of progress and updates for two years while HTC has distanced themselves from thier community.   I did not say to you or anyone go and play (fill in game name here) as I could care less what you play.

However I know I'll need to repeat it so,  I simply agree wholeheartedly that AH has very gone stale from the lack of progress or updates for two years while HTC has distanced themselves from thier community.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 09:58:02 AM by Westy »

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
WWII Online
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2004, 10:29:11 AM »
You posted my stats and your stats westy.  Your stats don't indicate you post on this BBS much.  The number of posts in this thread, titled WWII Online, is dispraportionally high.  Remember... you presented the stats calling me a fanboy.

Dismiss things as much as you want westy, it doesn't hide the fact that you show up to get your jabs in when you can... responding to certain parts of threads like this and calling anyone that points it out to you a fanboy.

Basically, you have a tendancy to forget where you are... and forget where you're coming from.  It's not everyone else's fault westy.

MiniD

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
WWII Online
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2004, 10:49:48 AM »
"Fanboy...."   "forgetting where I am..."       "show up to get your jabs in...."

lol.   You're a  nutjob.    

Now there!  I truly called you something for I never called you a fanboi )posting "ho" yes but that wasn;t a name but a title). But I have put my thumb on what you are this time.  (going for "the lock" Mini? I'll oblige)

And while this constant repeating can be a bore it's necessary when talking to for you.  The stats only show I post quality over your spam-ish quantity. That's all.  Nothing more.  

I was "here" before you and don't just simply pop in for a jab.  Yet feel free (as you tend to do) twist that otherwise.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
WWII Online
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2004, 11:09:17 AM »
No westy, your oppinion only says you post quality over quantity.  In truth, this is the kind of crap you've posted virtually every time.  Quality is definately the wrong word to be using.

MiniD

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
WWII Online
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2004, 11:28:33 AM »
Of course it's my opinion yet your replies keep affirming the quality of my posts over that of yours.

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
WWII Online
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2004, 11:51:07 AM »
Mom says for you two to "knock it off"  or you're going to your rooms.   She looked mad....

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
WWII Online
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2004, 12:31:24 PM »
Well I think all of this crap sucks....the arguing, the sales pitch for WW2Online(although a very thorough review I might say), but most of all, the game I have enjoyed playin for years is in flux.

I've followed Dale for years as he has brought us good product....he'll most likely do it again with this latest offering.

Myself and most of my AH squad are playin another game...won't mention it here as that's not appropriate....still, if Dale finishes what he started and births an improved air combat sim....I'll be flyin it.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
WWII Online
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2004, 01:12:17 PM »
Myself and most of my AH squad are playin another game...won't mention it here as that's not appropriate....

America's Army?  ;)

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102106&highlight=Americas+Army

Why is my in-depth analysis of WWIIOL in a WWIIOL thread in the O'Club more offensive than any other thread discussing a different game?

Double standard?

My post may be construed as a sales pitch, true enough. But it seemed to me that the original thread starter was interested in the game, and was looking for some positive reinforcement. It's not like I start threads trying to get people to jump ship.

Offline wklink

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.simhq.com
WWII Online
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2004, 01:42:49 PM »
banana, it is no different than the AH vs WB infighting that went on a few years back.  Most of the players in both games (heck most of us played both at one time) would constantly argue about which was better.  

Since AH is going to the TOD setup it looks like WW2OL may have legitimate competition for the first time.  Whether doing so it smart or prudent will only be seen over time but I think the debate over which will be better will probably get more and more animated as AHII comes closer to the developers' vision.  

I myself look forward to it.  Improving Aces High will give impetus to CRS to improve WW2OL.  Improving WW2OL will give impetus for HTC to improve AHII.  Either way it is a win/win situation for all involved.
The artist formerly known as Tom 'Wklink' Cofield

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
WWII Online
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2004, 01:44:04 PM »
Originally posted by banana
... It's not like I start threads trying to get people to jump ship.

But nothing slows you down when the opportunity arises.  

Are you lonely over there, do you miss the folks you used to play with and want them over there with you or is a spite thing?

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
WWII Online
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2004, 01:56:59 PM »
Furious, I still play AH and I still pay my $14.95 like everyone else.

Until Skuzzy places a ban on discussing WWIIOL in the O'Club, I'll continue to voice my opinion about it, it's good points as well as it's bad points.

If you don't like it, put me on your ignore list.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 02:01:44 PM by Wanker »

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
WWII Online
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2004, 02:46:56 PM »
I thought that ignore list thing already got covered in this thread.

Just curious, you post in a lot of AH threads over at WW2OL?

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
WWII Online
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2004, 02:55:58 PM »
No, I don't post over at the WWIIOL boards. I feel more at home here with you and MiniD. :)