Author Topic: WWII Online  (Read 2167 times)

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
WWII Online
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2004, 03:08:16 PM »
Well, since we're doing sales pitches.

If you're interested in WWII air combat, get Forgotten Battles. Maddox has performed unprecedented support (HTC excluded) for the game and it is far more complete in the flight model/damage model department than WWIIOl. There will also be a $29.99 (FB is currently $19.99) expansion pack (sales tax excluded) released in the near future adding 20 new flyable planes including some rarities such as the P80 Shooting Star and Go229 Flying Wing. P38J and L, P51B C and D, Ta152, Me163 and many more. Did I mention the game also delivers on what it promises on the box?

More here: http://store.ubi.com/item.jsp?item=008888681786&promo=fdlgIL2site
-SW

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
WWII Online
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2004, 04:56:34 PM »
Originally posted by banana
Furious, I still play AH and I still pay my $14.95 like everyone else.

Until Skuzzy places a ban on discussing WWIIOL in the O'Club, I'll continue to voice my opinion about it, it's good points as well as it's bad points.

If you don't like it, put me on your ignore list.

Where were the bad points ;)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
WWII Online
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2004, 05:56:11 PM »
I have had a blast in WWIIOL. So is about 2/3 of the 332nd Flying Mongrels. WWIIOL lacks customer service. In fact WWIIOL does not have customer service which has cost them the account of more than one in my squad. :( Lots of updates and new toys to play with every month or two. You weigh the pro’s and con’s and play or not.

I have had a blast in AH so has 100% of my squad (332nd Flying Mongrels).  AH has excellent customer service. Nothing new to play with for 2 years has caused me to look else where for my online fun and many of my squadies.  Some have already closed their AH account. :( You weigh the pro’s and con’s and play or not.

I will say that the lack of “fire side chats” has been sorely missing from AH. A shame they will not take the time for regular progress updates. That more than anything else has caused my eyes to wander. I would like to think that when a healthy, long time squad such as the Mongrels, has well over 50% start playing another sim someone would sit up and notice.  Maybe I should tell them, but I feel as if the door has been shut.
------------------------
CO CM daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
Roster
Noses in the wind since 1997.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. – Sir Winston Churchill
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
WWII Online
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2004, 06:47:43 PM »
Well, if everyone would stop BBS beating eachother to death, could the WWIIOL crowd that promises a fun experience tell me how to get a free trial with my CD Key?

The facts.

I must have registered the CD Key awhile ago. I sees my login, but then wants Visa info. No way.

I did actually log in, before getting to know the game and keyset, and gave up after 20 minutes or whatever.  My fault, sure.

I don't want to freeload, I have bought the full version,$40,  and got another with a new CD Code for Xmas, pry $20, the one I used for about a 1/2 hour. DId I F up my trial by time even by not going online?

Do I have to pay more to try it,(I will not) or do I get a trail pass to see if they get my monthly $ via their welcome back suckers, we fixed it promotion?

Believe me, I have no brand loyalty, can afford 2 online games if they are good, and will try it if I don't have to pay anymore than the $60 for the software. There is no support to ask, so can I or not?

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
WWII Online
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2004, 09:18:24 PM »
Another thread stopper.

MiniT, heed my mastery.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
WWII Online
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2004, 09:46:08 PM »
Go pimp yo ho bellybutton on the corner for a fitty cent for a week, then you'll have the $12.99 for a months worth of 'trial'.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
WWII Online
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2004, 10:03:49 PM »
See?

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
WWII Online
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2004, 05:11:04 AM »
Originally posted by AKS\/\/ulfe
If you're interested in WWII air combat, get Forgotten Battles. Maddox has performed unprecedented support (HTC excluded) for the game and it is far more complete in the flight model/damage model department than WWIIOl.  Did I mention the game also delivers on what it promises on the box?

Actually, IL-2 FB is the only WW2 (online/offline) flight sim on the market. Easy choice.
I disagree about the effective/concrete support for the game: stopped beta-testing, leaked patches, ping-pong between UBI and 1C about delays, tons of patches (every patches had to be the "last") and many things still to be fixed after years from the firts IL-2 (in some ways even better than FB).
The FM/DM are probably better than those of WW2OL's but its not a big achievement.
The offline AI and FM are a joke. The famous complex engine management delivered half of what has been promised.
Delivered promises? Hmmmmm ...., read above.

Third chapter of the saga will be BoB .... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 02:51:05 AM by gatt »
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
WWII Online
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2004, 08:45:52 AM »
"Another thread stopper. "

Nah. You posted off hours.  But I'll reply cause as I need to pad my post count in order to be taken seriously it seems ;)

As for the problem you're asking about? No idea what to do as I just play the game.  And I essentially have no interest whatsoever in playing tech support for CRS (nor for AH and HTC just to show I am unbiased).  Unfortunately CRS is a bunch of amatuers (justr see what they built and took six years to make) and thier customer support suxxors like no other company I've ever seen before. So don't bother emailing them. A player is far more apt to get a reply posting to the "inner circle" who lurk on AGW.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
WWII Online
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2004, 09:20:14 AM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
Where were the bad points ;)

You missed the parts in my review where I mentioned the 64 player limit, the lame "Killer Trees", the total lack of customer support, and not being able to bail out.

Go back and read it again. I tried to point out some of the major weaknesses that I've experienced.

I must have registered the CD Key awhile ago. I sees my login, but then wants Visa info. No way.

Creamo, there no point in trying to communicate with CRS. The only thing I can tell you is that when I wanted to give it yet another try, I had to log in using the account name I had used when I first signed up. Apparently, I had saved my CD key from the boxed game when I first signed up, so once I gave it the correct username and password, I was ready to go as soon as I gave them a credit card number.

If you don't want to give them a credit card number, I think you're out of luck.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
WWII Online
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2004, 09:52:43 AM »
Thanks for the input banana. I'll go without the luck then, cuz they are not getting my credit card to try their game. Maybe if WWIIOL goes under they can become airline managers and CEOs.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
WWII Online
« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2004, 11:43:30 PM »
Well, I dug up my old WW2online CD(got it when it first came out). Let me tell ya, I had a blast. They have improved the game alot. I have been playing the last couple of days and talk about immersion, the sounds in the game are incredible. I have not tried the planes yet, but the rest of the game is intense. I managed to land with kills for the first time tonight. Here is my results. If they had HTC's flight model, this would be the ultimate game. And if you like the ground war, this is the place to be. I was driving a light tank.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
WWII Online
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2004, 03:50:15 AM »
banana - any chance I can hook up you guys in WW2OL? I'm thinking about giving it another whirl, although I would only be able to play the occasional weekend. Got any Euros or Brits in your squad?
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
WWII Online
« Reply #73 on: February 05, 2004, 08:12:22 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
banana - any chance I can hook up you guys in WW2OL? I'm thinking about giving it another whirl, although I would only be able to play the occasional weekend. Got any Euros or Brits in your squad?

As a matter of fact we do have some Euro's in our squad, both in AH and WWIIOL. Our squad nights are Saturday at 23:00 Eastern, but since that's really early Sunday morning for you, you could play with some of us who play alot earlier in the day on Saturday.

Drop me an email at jdahlen@us.ibm.com and I'll send you all the info for Teamspeak, etc.

I think you'd fit right in, Dowding. :)

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
WWII Online
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2004, 04:23:53 AM »
Email sent. :)
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.