Author Topic: Simple question about guns for non-Americans and people living outside the US.  (Read 5998 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Simple question about guns for non-Americans and people living outside the US.
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2004, 07:56:52 PM »
NUKE, I said the total AH subscribership came from maybe 30-40 countries - maybe more. And I've always maintained that only a minority of that subscribership reads and posts to this BBS.

I've done my poll, the results are in, and I'm all done.

You do whatever poll you want - whatever gladdens your heart.

Nuke, you're an idiot, but I sort of like you. :D

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2004, 08:33:15 AM »
"Would you like to see guns and gun ownership introduced to your country, guns to be made freely available at retail outlets, and for gun ownership by private citizens to be all but unrestricted, and guaranteed by contitutional right?"

ok beetle lets look at it... Not one person on this board answered your loaded questions...

And they were quesrtions.  What kind of poll asks four questions at once?   Not one person answered your questions in order or even addressed each one.

"Would you like to see guns and gun ownership introduced to your country,  and

" and for gun ownership by private citizens to be ALL BUT UNRESTICTED, and guaranteed by contitutional right?" are questions that are completely different and should have seperate questions...  

you ask about having guns available at retail outlets but don't detail how they will be sold... "unresticted"?   Even beer isn't unrestricted...

who would want unrestricted?   flawed poll.   leading and asks more than one question.... questions are at odds with each other and cover entirely different subjects.

How could anyone answer?   Well.... they could but they would have to answer each part seperately... fact is.... no one did... the answers you got were emotional....  worthless.

oh... didn't you use the ventriloquist bit on toad and a couple of other guys a while back?   I should be worth a fresh insult!

lazs

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2004, 08:47:15 AM »
LOL Lazs!

Look, dude, I'm not interested - OK? I did my poll, I asked questions and got answers. Job done. If you have a problem with that, do your own poll.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2004, 08:53:57 AM »
lazs...I understood his questions and answered honestly.

Keep trying to turn this into a semantics debate though...you don't look silly at all.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2004, 09:10:36 AM »
Theres nothing more entertaining than a thread that boils down to the "Have" s and "Have not" s.

:)

Offline DarkglamJG52

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yonkis.com
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2004, 09:28:23 AM »
NO

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2004, 03:23:13 PM »
Not disputing that you got answers.... just that the poll was loaded.    I think anyone who knows anything about polls would agree that you formed the poll based on getting the answers you wanted.   Even so... I don't think it worked out quite as well as you planned even with the loaded questions.   seems most wanted some gun ownership by private citizens.  

my poll was much fairer.   I simply asked if people thought that their gun restrictions in their country were too strict or not strict enough.

lazs

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2004, 04:18:42 PM »
Lazs, you're a banana.

Do you really think you're going to get an objective analysis on a board linked to a game like Aces High? Many of the people drawn here are interested in combat/WW2/shooting. So any poll is going to be "loaded".

You are free to ask whatever questions you like in your poll. Just as I am free to ask whatever questions I like in my poll. Or are you trying to deny me that right? You're beginning to sound like you're an agent of the thought police. Fortunately, I know you better. :D

Offline ravells

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2004, 04:21:05 PM »
Theres nothing more entertaining than a thread that boils down to the "Have" s and "Have not" s.

Is not!

Ravs

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
Originally posted by beet1e
We have subscribers to this BBS from many different countries - perhaps as many as 30-40 countries or more. This is a question only for non-Americans who live outside of the US.
  • Would you like to see guns and gun ownership introduced to your country, guns to be made freely available at retail outlets, and for gun ownership by private citizens to be all but unrestricted, and guaranteed by contitutional right?
Simple question. No debates, no trolls, no flames.

A simple YES or NO answer will be adequate. [/B]

NO

The regulation is good enough as it is now.

Offline Naso

• Silver Member
      • http://www.4stormo.it
Re: Poll Results
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2004, 06:50:06 PM »
I've just done a count of the votes from the people I invited to participate - non-Americans living outside the US.

Looks like the vote against unrestricted availability of guns goes 15-2, those votes coming from about 8 different countries.

Say what you like about relative crime rates, and of guns "reducing crime". The fact is that of those sampled in countries outside the US, the vast majority do not want to see a US-style firearms proliferation in the country where they live.

So my next question is... Why do you think that is then? :confused:

No need for a substitute of the noodle?

:D

Ok, ok, was a joke.

(flamesuit on)

;)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2004, 07:19:18 PM »
Darkglam, Naso - welcome to my thread. Another two NO votes. :D That'll piss Lazs off a bit more. :lol

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2004, 07:28:55 PM »
Darkglam, Naso - welcome to my thread. Another two NO votes. :D That'll piss Lazs off a bit more. :lol

{Freudian voice} "Ah, so now we come down to the reason for the troll, er post. To piss off Mr. Lazs...ve vill schedule you an appointment for you're U.S.A. envy tomorrow!"

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2004, 07:56:15 PM »
So continues, Beet1e's crusade to tell the US why they shouldn't have guns.  Carry on, tool.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2004, 07:57:20 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
So continues, Beet1e's crusade to tell the US why they shouldn't have guns.  Carry on, tool.

No need for a substitute of the noodle?
:D