Author Topic: Simple question about guns for non-Americans and people living outside the US.  (Read 6005 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Simple question about guns for non-Americans and people living outside the US.
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2004, 02:04:16 PM »
LOL Toad.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #91 on: February 07, 2004, 11:10:03 AM »
expaliain to me please the "semantics" of "unrestricted".   I will settle for a defenition.

lazs

Offline Monk

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2004, 12:33:37 PM »
Yes.

Offline maslo

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2004, 12:37:22 PM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Should the U.S. ban guns like England? (Click)

well i hope you realize that you compare america to country whitch have most % of people whitch cant read and write in Europe

by the way...

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2004, 12:56:35 PM »
as far as im concerned guns should be
-available at a gun shop in any town
-background checks if you want a gun
-waiting period
-limit on how much ammunition you can own for pistols
-no automatic/semi automatic (you dont need em for plinking self defence or hunting)
-no concealing weapons over a certain amount of power

other than that i dont have a problem with using them for any reason...

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2004, 01:26:07 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
expaliain to me please the "semantics" of "unrestricted".   I will settle for a defenition.

lazs
No I'm not going to do that. The people to whom this thread was directed know full well what I mean. You are not one of those people. You can go and play in Sox62's thread about concealed carry. Sox doesn't want to hear from folks against guns, and in this thread I'm not interested in the opinions of Americans. Let me paraphrase Sox 62...

"Oh, and American people need not post. This topic is about what non-Americans feel about the introduction of guns into their societies,and quite frankly I don't give a rat's bellybutton what Americans' opinions on firearms happen to be."

:rolleyes:
« Last Edit: February 07, 2004, 04:05:51 PM by beet1e »

Offline Duedel

• Silver Member
Originally posted by beet1e
We have subscribers to this BBS from many different countries - perhaps as many as 30-40 countries or more. This is a question only for non-Americans who live outside of the US.
  • Would you like to see guns and gun ownership introduced to your country, guns to be made freely available at retail outlets, and for gun ownership by private citizens to be all but unrestricted, and guaranteed by contitutional right?
Simple question. No debates, no trolls, no flames.

A simple YES or NO answer will be adequate. [/B]

No.

Offline lord dolf vader

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2004, 09:42:57 PM »
toad you believe buddists dont kill? or was it just another jab about the you got caught lieing thing?

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2004, 12:01:40 AM »
Licensed - yes
Unlicensed - no

The law in Croatia allows you to own a gun (both handgun or rifle) if you don't have a criminal record, are psychogically stable and have a reason (self defense at home counts as well). To carry a handgun, however, requires a different kind of permit, far harder to obtain.

As for illegal guns, there are plenty of them around here, left from the war 10-15 yrs ago. It is not uncommon to go to the woods and hear automatic fire, even hand grenades. The most usual victims are kids, who usually find daddy's Kalashnikov. Criminals use AKs and RPGs, on extreme occassions openly in the streets. Rarely, AKs are used in barfights, and then it is very bad.

Automatic weapons are illegal. All other weapons can be registered, even though you don't have a proof where you bought it or even a serial number, as long as it is not automatic. This regulation is because there is many illegal stuff from the war.
Every now and then we have police actions to surrender illegal weapons - no questions asked. Surrendered my AKs few years ago.

Generally, the crime isn't high, at least not the one which involves shooting. Strange, with so many guns around.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2004, 10:37:27 AM »
beetle... i do not speak for sox..  I myself have never started a thread where I told some people they couldn't post.

as for the other people "knowing what you mean" by unrestricted... I beg to differ... you changed in mid stream... you didn't start out asking about totaly unrestricted... further.... I see few people who don't want gun ownership by private citizens..I see few people who would want children and mental cases to have firearms so I can't imagine that anyone with any sense wants "unrestricted" firearms ownership.  

your poll is loaded and misleading and you keep changing what you are asking.

my poll is much more fair..  I ask if you think your countries laws are too strict or not strict enough.   I am not out to play word games like you are.

also... I am probly one of the few that will respond to your thread (if we use your restrictions)  that has any clue about firearms... most of the people who you are "polling" well..... it is like asking monkeys if they think it is better to rent or to buy a tuxedo.

lazs
« Last Edit: February 08, 2004, 10:41:00 AM by lazs2 »

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2004, 01:05:53 PM »
Lazs

You should become a ventriloquist. You could speak without moving your lips. All you'd have to do is talk out of your arse - you're good at that.

I never said you couldn't talk in any thread; what I did make abundantly clear in this thread is that I was interested only in the opinions of non-American folks living outside the US. You're disqualified on both counts.
as for the other people "knowing what you mean" by unrestricted... I beg to differ... you changed in mid stream...
Bollocks. I didn't change at all. I asked a very simple question. And everyone to whom it was directed understood it perfectly. Seems like  of the 40-odd people who replied, you are the only person who didn't. But that doesn't matter. I wasn't asking you anyway, so no need to discuss that.
your poll is loaded and misleading and you keep changing what you are asking.
More bollocks from Lazs. In point of fact, I asked only two separate questions: I asked my original and very simple question. After about 24 hours when most people had had a chance to respond, and it was clear that the VAST MAJORITY of folks don't want an unrestricted supply of guns where they live, I asked why they thought that was. I then presented a list of 16 countries represented by those folks. I also answered Tarmac's point. My only other posts have been to refute your BS.

Look, Lazs. You're not in here in search of an "unloaded" poll. The only reason you're in here is because you've got an axe to grind. You can't stand the fact that people from 16 countries can stand up and say NO to an unrestricted supply of guns where they live. So then you have to use semantics to interpret the word "unrestricted" in an attempt to skew the poll. And it's BS. No-one here for a minute thinks I'm asking if the general population should be armed with anti-aircraft guns and/or belt fed machine guns. But the mere suggestion of that from you provides an indication of how desperate you are to force this poll to go according to your own agenda.
also... I am probly one of the few that will respond to your thread (if we use your restrictions) that has any clue about firearms... most of the people who you are "polling" well..... it is like asking monkeys if they think it is better to rent or to buy a tuxedo.
Ah yes, we're almost getting to the point where you start ranting about womanly men, and women's voting rights. I don't think the people from the 16 countries who voted NO in my poll would take kindly to the fact that you're insulting all of them.  But then again, as it's you, they might have had a good larf. :lol As I've said before, you don't need to be a smoker to understand the dangers of tobacco usage, just as you don't need to know anything about guns to understand the folly of doing what America has done in creating a guns free for all.

But, as it happens, we have Curval who, if I read it right, has been a firearms instructor, and farmers like Angus, and FOGOLD (in your thread) who own guns themselves but can see the total folly of guns for all as in the US, and have expressed their views on this BBS.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2004, 01:34:35 PM »
Before Ripsnort, Swoop, Puck and whoever else was there to witness my lousy performance at the range in Texas chimes in on how sorry a state our regiment must be in if I was teaching people how to shoot....I never received any training on handguns.  They were reserved for officers.  

We had Mini Rugers as our issued weapon (we used to have SLRs but they were deemed too powerful for the needs of this little place) and we taught guys based upon the British army techniques.  Once you learned the lesson plans anyone could teach them and make themselves understood.

I certainly don't hold myself out to be a gun expert..but it is true I was a firearms instructor.

LOL

:)
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Sox62

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2004, 04:47:09 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
No I'm not going to do that. The people to whom this thread was directed know full well what I mean. You are not one of those people. You can go and play in Sox62's thread about concealed carry. Sox doesn't want to hear from folks against guns, and in this thread I'm not interested in the opinions of Americans. Let me paraphrase Sox 62...

"Oh, and American people need not post. This topic is about what non-Americans feel about the introduction of guns into their societies,and quite frankly I don't give a rat's bellybutton what Americans' opinions on firearms happen to be."

:rolleyes:

Beetle,the main reason I stated that,is that I knew the thread would turn into a gun debate if I didn't,and that's not why I posted the topic.We all have our own opinion,and nothing either side says is going to change anyone's mind.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2004, 05:34:53 PM »
sox62 - that's fair enough. I had no wish to piss on your thread.

Maybe I was a little hard on Lazs. But the votes are in, the people have voted, and this thread is done.

Q.E.D.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2004, 05:55:46 PM »
Beetle, you said that there must be people from 30 or 40 countries here, yet we only heard from about 15 people out of all those people from all those 30-40 countries.

What does this thread prove? Out of all those people, a lot said they would like guns allowed anyway as long as they were regulated.

Let's open a thread that askes how many people from countries that allow guns if they would like UK style gun control.

What would that prove?