Author Topic: Simple question about guns for non-Americans and people living outside the US.  (Read 5975 times)

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
OK Beet1e.  Seemed like four questions to me.:D

Les

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
It's a loaded question..Introduce rifles/shotguns/pistols for those that like to go hunting/target range?..Why not.

Introduce semi-automatic/automatic weapons of ANY sort?....NFW.

And while your at it..introduce madnatory 5yr sentence with no chance of parole if a firearm is used in a crime,10 yrs if it is discharged.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Originally posted by SirLoin
It's a loaded question..
Thanks, Sirloin. At least you agree with me that it's a single question, and not four questions! :D

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
Sirloin, I have no problem allowing Semi-Automatics.
Fully automatics are already illegal here.

Add to your list of laws: Death sentance if a person dies due to a crime involving a firearm.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Why do you need semi-automatic?...Think of having to be a cop.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
sirloin... I may or may not need a semi automatic but... there are a lot of historic and fun firearms that are semi autos so I have about half of mine in semi auto.   the real question is ... why not?  there is no evidence that semi auto bans help anyone.   They are merely feel good incrementalism by people who hate firearms.

glad you were honest enough to say the poll was loaded tho.

lazs

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Ok..Point taken...Freedom of oneself to express and and have fun...All for it.

But define a "gun"...or it's ability to discharge?

And should there be any controls?

I say yes.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
sirloin... I would be glad to discuss it with you but it is getting cumbersome here...  although  beetle will probly take both our posts as "yes"..

I see no real reason for restrictions of non explosive projectiles.   I would restrict exploseive projectiles to areas that had enough room and were secure.   No reason to restrict other types of firearms for sane adults.    Penalties for misuse should be high tho.

lazs

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
I agree that penalties should be high.
Large game on the run is one reason I can think of for semi auto, but like you I see no need for full auto. As a law abiding citizen and licenced firearm owner, the police have nothing to fear from me if I chose to own a s/a hunting rifle. If they were to respond to a call at my house they would know that I have firearms and can take the appropriate actions.
 A criminal on the other hand is quite possibly able to get a hold of a fully automatic weapon and they are already illegal.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Should someone have, say a "semi-automatic" Ak47, and I have my bolt action single shot .50 cal precision rifle, who do you think is more likely to survive if we engage each other from 1000 meters?

Flip that around, who will survive if we bump into each other at a corner?

Lethality of certain type of firearms is dependant on many factors, as each type have advantages and disadvantages if you wish to think of firearms with a "how many people can they kill" mentality.

FYI nearly all pistols are "semi automatic" sirloin, so your points were a bit conflictory, but no big deal.

I introduce thousands of first time shooters in Calgary to everything under the sun, pistols, shotguns, "assualt rifles", etc.  Any firearm can be incredibly dangerous in the right/wrong hands.  Trying to divide firearms into more or less lethal types is the mistake of the misinformed generally.

Regarding the penalties Sirloin, I'm in COMPLETE agreement.