Author Topic: Gay Parenting  (Read 4525 times)

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2004, 09:58:46 PM »
bah, different arguments.

On the one hand, there's gay marriage. Anyone who thinks gays are going to "convert" should probably spend more time around them.  As far as what they do with their lives, well, to be quite frank, in civil terms, gay couples have more to lose than to gain. They gain what? civil bennies? We're talking about a seriously affluent DINK demographic here. The deconomic impact is practically nil.
Of course, with marriage comes divorce. You can imagine hoiw nasty that's gonna be.  Man we'll need a spinoff of divorce court just for all the extra issues.

On the other hand, there's the issue of having kids.  YEah, from a pragmatic view, too many kids are growing up without any loving parents, let alone two. And, sure, I'm no expert, but the kids who lived with a parent and homosexual lover seemed well adjusted. but yeah, I'm sure the peer forces of adolescence aren't kind on them, just as they suck for anyone else who doesn't conform to the working-class-stiff norm.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2004, 11:10:43 PM »
Originally posted by Kieran
Pretty much, yeah. Wait'll you have kids, SOB. I hope you remember all of this when you do. Of course by then the age of consensual sex ought to be 10-12 years old, Michael Jackson will be hailed as a visionary, and we'll be talking about whether or not pedophiles can really sense the sexual orientation of infants.

LOL, I can't help but like you Kieran, that was great.  And I take it all back anyhow...I saw that on Monday, Fox will be airing "My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee" and "The Littlest Groom" back to back, which made me realize that society is now doomed.  I think I'm gonna go beat up a Christian now to let off some steam...probably everyone who's around will join in 'cause everyone loves a good Christian-bashing!
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2004, 11:19:12 PM »
man SOB i liked you for the DR Pepper image in your avatar alone until that post lol

OH cht i poped into this thread again.. sry all... out again i swear
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2004, 11:33:54 PM »
This should make up for any shortcomings on my part: http://www.dublindrpepper.com/

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
Gay Parenting
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2004, 12:16:50 AM »
Happy, gay, joyous, whatever.  I think families need to not be so serious.  It brings down the kids man.

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2004, 12:38:56 AM »
Originally posted by texace
Fact of the matter is, society thinks it's wrong, therefore it will be wrong. Not even laws will change it. Some think it's ok, most think it's not. Since the majority of our society sees gay marriage is wrong, morally or religiously, it will remain that way because our society will not and can not accept it.

There's no point in debating...no matter what your opinion is. Our society says it's wrong, so it's wrong. Unfortunatly, it'll always be that way.

Same thing with race, too.

WOOOW DUDE I gotta call you on this one.
You last statement SMACKS of racism(Same thing with race, too).
SO what are you trying to say?
A balck man should not be able to marry a white girl?
Or the other way around.

Good Lord people GROW UP.
There is but one RACE the Human Race It really Is that simple.
Just think of It that way.

Try It It will set you free.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 12:44:00 AM by mrblack »

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2004, 12:42:48 AM »
Originally posted by hawker238
Tronsky, if you're inferring I'm a "traditional god fearing" person, that's pretty much a swing and a miss.

I'm an athiest by the way. Don't bother arguing about god with me, I can't really discuss it without voiding the argument.

Why would I infer that then?

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Gay Parenting
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2004, 12:54:36 AM »
Gosh, if marriage is defined as something that is church driven, does that mean that my atheist, non-religious wedding is invalid as well?
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2004, 12:59:40 AM »
Originally posted by Chairboy
Gosh, if marriage is defined as something that is church driven, does that mean that my atheist, non-religious wedding is invalid as well?

As far as God sees It Yes.
But that dont matter to you anyway right.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2004, 01:02:51 AM »
Originally posted by Chairboy

Yup, and people like you are why this country is going to hell in a handbasket.  Ungodly Heathen.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2004, 01:41:34 AM »
Originally posted by JB73

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Leviticus
[22] Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
[23] Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.
[24] Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leviticus? :rofl

You need a better reference (and yes, there is one). Leviticus is crap.

1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual cleanliness - Lev.15:19-24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don.t agree. Can you settle this?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn.t we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev.20:14)

Oh... and teenagers are embarrassed about their parents even if they're hetero.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2004, 01:46:43 AM by Sandman »
sand

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
Gay Parenting
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2004, 02:55:15 AM »
MrBlack...

It would really help that you read my post and interpret it for what it is instead of focusing on one word and running with it.

My post was refering to sociey's view of gay marriage. My "same thing with race" remark is there because a majority of our society still see minorities as inferior. See how the connection is made?

I'd advise you to engage your brain before putting your mouth into gear. I mean, you were a sniper...you should know that, right?

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2004, 03:04:40 AM »
Originally posted by JB73
**** i cant even begin to dicuss this topic.

*** marrige is biblically wrong.

biblically marrige is a union between a man and a woman.

for you aitheists . it;s NOT a "marrige"

if you want it to be accepted by the government then it's a "gonvernment ordained union" or some ****.

either way it is NOT ****ing recognized by the church or God. END of dicussion. there is NO possible religous debate over the subject. God does NOT endorse ****** unions. never has never will.

Not to be argumentative, but when you say "God" and "church", exactly which god and church are you talking about?  

We have a number of good citizens who don't worship your god or go to your church.

Furthermore,  the majority of the founding fathers of this country certainly weren't christian -- they were deists.

It seems to me that decisions about how society works should be based on rational rule based systems.  Since a belief in god is irrational (belief in a supernatural being), why don't we just agree to discuss this based on whether it's good for society without raising irrational and unprovable issues.

curly

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2004, 04:39:15 AM »
SOB,

Yeah, I need to try to look on the brighter side of it all. Of course, I'd need to know what exactly that is. ;)

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
Gay Parenting
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2004, 08:21:12 AM »
How do you know?

Maybe some of the bible doesn't reflect God's will?  Maybe it was written by ultra-orthodox patriarchs?

I'm an athiest by the way.  Don't bother arguing about god with me, I can't really discuss it without voiding the argument.

Regardless, this thread is going off topic....

If you are an Athiest...why are you discussing The Holy Bonds of Matrimony?